LINESII- Into the Darkness- Part II

I'm going to have a long, detailed list of stuff to ask you iggy. First of all, has the stats been updated :confused:

Bugger all!

OK, it's secret nation time. You who drove me out, you may well regret that.

I am now quitting Skliv'so, actually, think of it as I never really started to play them in the first place, and rejoining as... well, Iggy knows who. A few others, too, if they're smart.

I have some suspects. The best way to deal with suspects in such a case is genocide, so bring on that golden Most Genocidal Ruler award, fortunately silver2039 is not even in this NES and is in fact on vacation.

OOC: I'm now regretting invading Nurmafer, though I assume you, andis, won't just agree to paying us 1 eco point and going back to the status quo ? :p

EDIT: and throw in a NAP as well

And your ruler's youngest daughter. And some nice port cities. And also, make it 2 eco. points. ;)

EDIT: Alex, stats are updated it would seem. The descriptions are, anyway.

OOC: Okay, so we've figured out your names. No more Shae da Dale.

From the Tuatha
To the Citadel

The council of chieftains has agreed to allow your missionaries to work amongst our people, although we cannot promise results. This is a new concept, but we are prepared to cooperate and become 'civilized' as you have said.

The Path goes on in an endless song
Above all lamentations.
I hear the frail and distant hymn
That hails the next creation.

Through all the tumult and the strife
I hear the music ringing.
It sounds an echo in my soul.
How can I keep from singing?

And though the tempest loudly roars,
I hear the truth, it liveth.
And though the darkness 'round me close,
Songs in the night, they giveth.

No storm can shake my inmost calm,
While to the Path I'm clinging.
Since love is wrought across the earth,

When tyrants tremble in their fear
And hear their death knell ringing,
When all rejoice both far and near

i've done the math the land military strenght level of lengal is 95,000
the level for the United Kingdom of Khemri and Kehexou is 70,350 this is not including Ramids or Recruits as i have no info about thier strenght lvls

On a random note: just realized the acronym of the [United] Kingdom of Khemri and Kehexou. BRONZE POWER! :lol:

Kal peered into the waters of the little brook as they murmured past, oblivious to his prying eyes. The ice had mostly melted by now; it had been two weeks since the great rush of the waters had begun. Now, though there was still snow sloping over the ground in some places, and a few drifts that were still knee or thigh high, the greater part of the ground was clear, and the first few buds had begun to appear on the trees.

And in the brooks, the little spring minnows had begun to swim. The tiny fishes were no bigger than his smallest finger, but they undoubtedly were fierce little creatures–laid as eggs in the dying throes of their mothers, they matured and fed upon the mosquitos just as the latter started to hatch. Naturally, this won them great affection with Kal and the other men of his people, for mosquitos were most certainly the worst creatures that ever chanced upon the planet.

A little spring minnow now caught his gaze, silvery scales gleaming in the sunlight that poured down through the few gaps in the clouds. Its tail went still as the fish twisted in the water, looking about, then it spotting a floating mosquito egg further down the brook at a calm spot, and, tail flapping furiously, it nearly leapt out of the water and gobbled it down.

Smiling slightly, Kal rose and began to follow the winding creek down to the little lake that lay near his kin’s encampment.

The lake itself barely deserved the name–only a few hundred paces around at best, with some streams flowing into it from the surrounding countryside, and then a larger river only a few paces wide which coursed out the other end; this was the beginning of the Great River, as they called it, though the legendary few visitors they received had told his people that there were many far greater rivers than this one. Since none of Kal’s people had seen one of these, it still retained the age old name.

And so this little lake, the lake where the elk and ramids watered (for there was no other name), nestled in between the mountain walls of the great valley of the Merhai, was the home that Kal had always known, and probably would always know. For though his people wandered often through the open lands of the Merhai, following the best trails for their ramids, this lake would always be his home, always be the place they returned to every winter.

A quiet breeze picked up across the lake, and sent waves rippling; Kal looked up and noticed the sky slowly darkening, and the soft rumbling of distant thunder filled his ears.

Hurrying back to the village, he lightly wove in between the branches of the pines that dotted the shoreline, and reached the encampment just as the first drops of rain began to patter down upon the landscape.

A wooly ramid trumpeted in the distance, and the sound seemed to bring the village to life, as the people rushed to take their wares inside their roundhouses. Kal hurried through the village towards his own house, and nearly fell over as he bumped into another person with their head down, avoiding the rain.

Letting only a soft grunt escape him, he looked up, beginning to apologize, but his breath caught in his throat. Miya’s face turned as red as his must have been, and she quickly hurried into her house. He stood on the spot, slightly dumbfounded, before the real rain started and drove him inside for good that day.

OOC: Should I fill out a template, Iggy?

The Leaving

They say that grassroots movements never work. It always takes a major political power to get things changed - it's common knowledge. Priest Azlan was never one to listen to common knowledge. He wasn't one to listen to anybody, actually, but he mostly kept that trait buried down.

It was like the idea just hit him - Our living conditions suck, why not just go move somewhere else? He shook it off as another longing for freedom, but that idea refused to leave, much like inlaws. The more he thought about it, the more he figured, Why not? It's not like Ascendant Geoyurjui can do better than me, right? Yeah...I bet it'd work.

Maybe that's not exactly what went through this man's head, but it was darned close. He dropped hints to his family and friends at first, and relatively soon, a whole underground movement was going on. It was like he opened their minds - just a crack, and soon light flooded through. And they were desperate to leave. The almost nonexistant economy was practically bankrupt, the land was completely unsuitable for living, people were starving and oppressed. And each morning, Azlan had to see the destroyed Oneist temples, the ones he had been raised to worship in...

--

It was time to leave. He wasn't going to convert any more people, the land wasn't going to magically become suitable for farming anymore, and the Swades sure weren't going to do something about this. The ships had been built and guarded all day and night against Ascendant Geoyurjui and the Loyalists. The people were all leaving and sailing off. Ascendant Geoyurjui and his supporters were nowhere to be seen. They had probably seen the futility of trying to win the majority of Svitzers back, although Azlan had to ponder the thought that if they were truly smart, they'd be leaving with him.

With the sun having just crossed over the horizon, they set sail to the south. The sea breeze was soothing and everything was peaceful. Azlan saw his advisors, the ones he trusted the most, seated around him.

"You, Will, you're Advisor of War." His eyes had a slightly dangerous twinkle to them. "The first thing we have to do when we reach shore is build up an army.

"War? Didn't we just leave to avoid war? How can we bring oppression to other people?" He sputtered a bit in disbelief. "Aren't we supposed to avoid killing people?"

"Yes." He nodded. "But dying's easy. Anybody can become a martyr. But it takes skill to defeat enemies in combat. Build up that army."

They sat a bit in silence.

"Azlan," Will said, "I don't think you're ready to run a country. I think we might get into a bit of trouble. We might be leading these people to their deaths."

"As if you've fought in battles. I'm sure we'll manage." He had that glint in his eye again. "Everything will be all right."

just to note, what the heck is with everyone building up these huge armies..
Majority of the nations have between 2-6 thosand troops.
Lengals have 20 thosant Plus.
there are 5 other with 10,000 plus.

how do you guys do it!

I think it's called "build army with all eco points" XD

its not much i started with 2000 troops
and you have 4500 not counting levies

The mist began rolling down the lush green hills as the first rays of sunlight pierced the sky. The morning dew sparkled on the grass. The O'Cait and mac Niall clans stood in their battle lines a hundred yards apart, hundreds of barely clad men covered in their clans' markings. The O'Cait had hunted in mac Niall lands and vengeance would be had. The warriors stood, staring fiercely at their hated enemies and distant cousins.

It was a cold morning. So very cold, one could see one's breath. The animals didn't seem to mind, though. The native armagh [1] began the daily process of picking and storing fruits and nuts.

The two armies charged.

Another day had begun in Tir Tairngire.

[1] - similar to monkeys, with more hair (yes, celtic monkeys, muhuhahahah)

wait black dots are cities correct i never bought a second city but i have one
You don't have to pay for expansion but you did, so I put the point to building a city.

@LightFang- That is indeed it. Do you want to name it anything or are you good with 'South Svitzerland'. You may not want to be associated with that name.

Does anyone actually remember anything about these guys beyond their description? I was hunting through the original thread, and couldn't even find who led them...
Azash. He virtually did nothing with them.

Skilv'so is definitely a fixer-upper... no, more like a lost opportunity that may yet be redeemed.

Iggy, will you add the Shalamari flag to the stats as well? It's in the Flags! thread a few pages back. It's the flag with an owl on it. Thanks!
Will do.
So Iggy, did you change it so Zemora was the nation we originally contacted? Because their nation and relgion are the most similar to mine...
It's possible. Really, there isn't much good historical record.

It could also be a story told by Zemorans to the Tuatha, about the coming of the 'Sea Gods'. It doesn't take long for a story to get mangled.

To: Zemora

Friends in the East, we share many fundamental beliefs--especially the belief that our Eldos, and your Sky Gods, have commanded us to benefit all mankind. And is it not true that peace is the only way to do so? We would like to observe the peoples of your continents, compare their religions to our, and see if they all share common elements. Would some of you care to visit our continent?
Certainly!

To Gamorrea
From Archbishop Caen

We see that you have had the unfortuante pleasure of dealing with the New Eldists- people against your ways. They are attempting to subdue your people and make them weak, so that they can exploit them. Perhaps you would allow our missionaries to spread the word of the One faith and remove this pestillance (horrible spelling) from your lands.
Do you really hate your missionaries that much?

First of all, has the stats been updated?
Ja.

OOC: Should I fill out a template, Iggy?
Go right ahead NK!

@Your story: Death to mosquitoes!

A note about animals: If you want to make up a non-earth animal, please ask me.

Though the monkey is fine.

North King said:
I am now quitting Skliv'so, actually, think of it as I never really started to play them in the first place, and rejoining as... well, Iggy knows who. A few others, too, if they're smart.

I know. You're just trying to trick us and are secretly still playing Skilv'so.
Your story is an elaborate ruse.

Iggy: You do have a point, I'll see about renaming my little slice of land...

Top Bottom