Bug Report (English)

Well even though I would quite like to see VD added (would then include just about everything I want in a mod) it does seem quite unstable at the moment, so fixing that first would be my priority if I was you. Also, I'm getting quite a lot of CTD's saying "failed to allocate video memory" at various points in the game; It could just be my laptop being terrible (because it REALLY is terrible) but It only happens very rarely with other mods/vanilla...

Well even though I would quite like to see VD added (would then include just about everything I want in a mod) it does seem quite unstable at the moment, so fixing that first would be my priority if I was you. Also, I'm getting quite a lot of CTD's saying "failed to allocate video memory" at various points in the game; It could just be my laptop being terrible (because it REALLY is terrible) but It only happens very rarely with other mods/vanilla...

I never ignore a CTD. Of course it has always a high priority. But you must know what to search for. And I've got no idea what causes your CTDs if it is not your machine. I've got none. And I'm running the mod on three machines. An old single core under XP, a good dual core under XP and a similar laptop under Win7 (my development machine). If it is not your laptop it may be a problem with the Great Person calculation. As I had to find out the calculation has got a problem and may be even wrong. But this is a problem from Vanilla/BTS and not CCV. It is just shown by DCL. There is a fix out there but it doesn't work as it is with CCV because of other new code. I have to rewrite it. Without this fix a new CCV version doesn't make sense. That's true. But since the update of my Unit Era Art mod VD can be used with CCV. The problem is just that VD doesn't really fit to CCV in all cases. So I must redesign all art sets. And for better performance move them to a non modular loading. That will take time...
And so you must decide between a new version soon with bugfixes and "crazy" art or you must play several weeks with known bugs waiting for "good" art.

€: The Great Person Fix doesn't solve the problem too.:cry:

Bugs on startup, then crashes on next turn. This is an "Advanced Start" screen capture but it does the same thing on normal startup as well.

Attachments

• Community Civ V Bug.jpg
    Community Civ V Bug.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 179
Thanks. I'll check. Do I need to do a clean install or just update?

The installer should delete all of the old files for you. So just install and try it. If there is still a problem clean manually, please. And install it again.

By the way, I'd like to say that by uninstalling, erasing absolutely everything civ-related, and then reinstalling civ4 and bts I seem to have solved almost all the problems I was having; so it wasn't anything wrong with your mod at all :) Works great now :goodjob: sorry for confusing you...

Thomas SG, thanks for ver4.12! :goodjob: I have found some time to delve a bit into your new version. Again it is a great experience! :)

I noticed a few things when I started playing and I thought I'd post them, maybe they can be of use for you. Some of them I haven't noticed before (but maybe they existed already or you intended them to be like this).

1.) At the very first turn the vic screen says: "-1 rivals left". :confused:

2.) Tech tree:
- Replaceable Parts: Why another "chop"? Isn't that already available with IW? Or do I get more hammers out of chopping?
- Printig Press is the only tech without any (additional) benefit. Intentional?
- Wheel, Construction: Would it be possible to add some information to "unsurfaced road" and "surfaced road"? So that - when you hover over the buttons - you will see what they will do (e.g. "1/2 road movement" or "1/3 road movement" or something along these lines). Perhaps they could (also or instead, whatever you prefer) be listed under improvements in the civilopedia (so that you can right-click on them in the tech screen and get a civilopedia info)?

3.) While I am usually not a fan of adding too many techs to the already crowded tech tree I would like to raise one thought:
MC is still a very expensive tech, so usually triremes will come rather late in the game - I often don't use them at all, except if I have done an Oracle-MC slingshot. One way to make them a bit easier to get could be to introduce a tech after sailing which makes triremes available but which is not as expensive as MC and perhaps will have other advantages as well (perhaps some that are now available with sailing? -> Phungus420 did that in his LoR-mod with his "seafaring"-tech and I found this to be a neat idea). It is just a thought, so dismiss it if you don't like it.

4.) I started a game with Ramses: Is it intentional that I have two warriors right from the very beginning? Well, I liked it, but wanted to ask about it.
Score-list: Why does it say "Egyptian tribes"(=plural)? Shouldn't it be "Egyptian tribe" (=singular)?

Oh, and thanks for the new options button ("BUG")! :)

1.) At the very first turn the vic screen says: "-1 rivals left". :confused:

Came with BUG. Easy to change.

2.) Tech tree:
- Replaceable Parts: Why another "chop"? Isn't that already available with IW? Or do I get more hammers out of chopping?

There are two ways to remove trees in CCV. You can burn them down or you can chop them. If you burn them down you will get no :hammers:. But if you chop them you will get 30 :hammers:. But there is a difference between forest and jungle. Forest can be choped with iron working while you need replaceable parts to chop jungle. That's it.

- Printig Press is the only tech without any (additional) benefit. Intentional?

Never thought about it. So, not intentional. But I think it is not urgent but we will search for a solution. Good hint. :)

- Wheel, Construction: Would it be possible to add some information to "unsurfaced road" and "surfaced road"? So that - when you hover over the buttons - you will see what they will do (e.g. "1/2 road movement" or "1/3 road movement" or something along these lines). Perhaps they could (also or instead, whatever you prefer) be listed under improvements in the civilopedia (so that you can right-click on them in the tech screen and get a civilopedia info)?

Sure. I'll add something.

3.) While I am usually not a fan of adding too many techs to the already crowded tech tree I would like to raise one thought:
MC is still a very expensive tech, so usually triremes will come rather late in the game - I often don't use them at all, except if I have done an Oracle-MC slingshot. One way to make them a bit easier to get could be to introduce a tech after sailing which makes triremes available but which is not as expensive as MC and perhaps will have other advantages as well (perhaps some that are now available with sailing? -> Phungus420 did that in his LoR-mod with his "seafaring"-tech and I found this to be a neat idea). It is just a thought, so dismiss it if you don't like it.

Why not. :) Those ideas and hints are very welcome. Modding takes some much of my freetime that I haven't played a game for months. Maybe even years...

4.) I started a game with Ramses: Is it intentional that I have two warriors right from the very beginning? Well, I liked it, but wanted to ask about it.

I don't know if it should be like this. I haven't made any change. But we can do what ever you and the others want. Seems not to be very hard to change or fix.

Score-list: Why does it say "Egyptian tribes"(=plural)? Shouldn't it be "Egyptian tribe" (=singular)?

Because I wanted it to be like this. :D I thought about ancient times. I thought about those times in europe. Especially I thought about my ancestors - the Germanics. A single tribe? No. There were lots of them. And a single tribe with 10000+ members? No. I don't like it. And so I decided for tribes.

Oh, and thanks for the new options button ("BUG")! :)

No problem. Thank you. :) This was a little job. And it makes sence. Also good job to you! :goodjob:

Yes. I'm the boss. This is my mod. And the final decision is mine. Yes, that's the way it is. But the idea of CCV was always to be and to become a community project. We can talk about everything. You can ask for what ever you want. Not everything can and will be done. I can't do everything. But it makes no sence to create a mod nobody likes. It doesn't make sence to design a mod that is IMBA. No.

At last we are team. Yes, we are. We must be. I like to do modding. And I always try to do a good job. A mod should be running stable and as fast as possible. And the AI should be able to use the new and changed stuff. Many other mods don't care about it. That's not my way. And of course the game should stay well balanced. You should have fun and not become frustrated... That's my part. Lifetime is limited - yours and mine. ;)
Creating a complex mod like CCV is a hard job. Especially if you got no time to play like me. And that makes us a team. You play and test for me. I need good comments and hints. Especially mistakes in third party mods will never be noticed if you don't tell me. For example I have never seen the new BUG screens. It's the truth - I don't know them. And so if you see a bug or if you desire a change - please make a screenshot - please give my a save and tell me the version it is from. That are five minutes for you but often much more for me. Creating CCV took me hundreds of hours. So I think it's a very good deal. And the less time I need to fix a problem the more time I've got to create new stuff. :mischief:

Thanks for the heads up, Thomas SG! :) I had different experiences with suggestions, so I wanted to be cautious and avoid annoying you. I am glad you think so positive about involving others :) (strangely enough not all modders seem to...). I really enjoy testing your mod. It works very well and so far I don't have any further problems to report.

Regarding the different kinds of chopping (IW and RepParts): Perhaps you could add that it is for "forests" (in IW) and "jungle" (in RepPart)? (similar to my suggestion regarding roads)

Regarding "tribes": good explanation, fair enough. :) That actually applies to some other nations/tribes as well (eg. Angles and Saxons). ;)

I hope that even though you are hardly able to play, you find sufficient time to add more great stuff to your mod! I really enjoy all the additional concepts that provide such a great depth to the game. :goodjob:

Thanks. :)

The "missing civs" are already solved. Noticed this little bug myself. But it has no effect.

The other errors have no consequence. I know them. They are caused by new BUG files that doesn't fit perfect to the older once CCV uses at the moment to avoid a problem with the diplo first contact screen. I'll try to fix this minor problem asap.

Good hints. :goodjob:

Please tell me when you have a no bug version I want to merge this with a few others including some of mine.

Please tell me when you have a no bug version I want to merge this with a few others including some of mine.

All I can try at the moment is to give you a modified version of 4.12. All newer versions include a lot of not finished parts and untested content. And it will need some time until I can release them. There is too much to do at the moment...

That would be wonderful. could you post what changes you made with each version. I could use it to merge. Where's the 4.12 version to download? Good Job on everything else though you did a great job on this modpack.

That would be wonderful. could you post what changes you made with each version. I could use it to merge. Where's the 4.12 version to download? Good Job on everything else though you did a great job on this modpack.

4.12 was just available to some members of my test team and friends. I'll update this version with bugfixes and some uncritical/tested new stuff and make a new release. Have a look for 4.14.

@ test team and friends:
Keep your higher version numbers and ignore 4.14! Next test team release will be 4.25. But that will take some time. ;)

Thank you please post again when its released. I really nead that for my own Merged Mod. I will make sure to give you and your entire team credit.

I downloaded 4.14 and got these errors
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "BugUtil", line 695, in <lambda>

TypeError: handleAIComment() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)
ERR: Python function beginDiplomacy failed, module CvDiplomacyInterface

TypeError: handleUserResponse() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)
ERR: Python function handleUserResponse failed, module CvDiplomacyInterface

TypeError: handleUserResponse() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)
ERR: Python function handleUserResponse failed, module CvDiplomacyInterface

Wasn't this supposed to be a bug free version?

As I explained this can't be solved at the moment. But it has no effect. But I'll search for a solution myself and talk to the BUG team. :(

Edit:

Forget what I said. I found the problem and got the solution. :whew:

How to repair in two steps:

Step1: Goto Community Civ V/Assets/Python/EntryPoints and delete CvDiplomacyInterface.py

Step2: Unpack the attached file and copy it over the old DiplomacyUtil.py in Community Civ V/Assets/Python/BUG

Top Bottom