Is there a mod or option to not have regenerating spies?

fallout3dc

Warlord
Honestly, the espionage system is lame in my opinion, but the main reason is that Spies regenerate if they die. It would be much more interesting if the spy for that era would be gone if another civ finds it stealing information. It seems as if that is how the developers were designing it at first, and then did a console-friendly move last second. I checked Steam and didn't see anything. Would a mod like this be possible to make?

Spies don`t `regenerate`, they get recruited. I don`t see what`s wrong with that. If a spy dies, the Civ simply employs another one. this happens all the time for real.

And the new recruit starts at Level 1, assuming you don't have the National Intelligence Agency. (Then it's level 2)

Level 1 Spies might as well be useless. I usually just send them out as diplomats, to get Vision on a city I'm sieging, or to maintain influence with a city states. It pretty much take them forever to steal a tech, and it's almost impossible for them to stage a coup or to catch a higher level spy.

What in the world about getting new spies is "console-friendly"? Did the nonexistent console versions of Civ V have issues if spies died permanently? Is the idea of getting a new spy just an insult to how hardcore PC gamers are (supposed to be)?

Hell, I'd just stick my first spy in my capital on counter-intelligence. With the rate I kill AI spies, every other Civ'd be spyless permanently.

I doubt such thing exists... spies kia still regenerate regardless after a couple of turns.

Top Bottom