Caveman 2 Cosmos

OK to begin with, i took out the Archery Barrage (because of MP, as mentioned above) along time ago, and replaced it with the same results as an Assault Mech, (never even thought about the collateral damage, thx for bring that up) also took out the siege bombardment stuff also. Version 3 is alot different, took away some of the stacking also. Lets see how you like it first, then lets talk about whats right or wrong, thx.

Just remember its nice to say things, but not nice to over criticize with words.

Also remember to "Just Have Fun."

You know, you can also try not stacking your units as much. There are 8 tiles around a city you can attack from. In fact, stacking is too overused and unrealistic in civ to begin with. Something that forces you to spread your units out is actually good. If you have units with 2 moves (aka mounted) you can have even more stacks as they can stay two tiles away and still attack the city in the following turn.

And if you don't like one component just mod it out of your game.

There was something that forced units to spread out, it was called catapults, trebuchets, and artillery.

And If I don't stack my units the vulnerable ones get completely eaten by, guess what? Other units! The AI generally defends with a bowman or two and a miscellaneous "trash" unit. When all your units are at 80% or less health because they took a barrage of arrorws (despite having been in cover, etc, etc)... it gets annoying. And stupid.

Fact is, mounted units have penalties to attack cities and you aren't guaranteed of getting the ability to field them (since they require a resource). Furthermore the most effective base attackers are infantry and even then you needed a good amount of numbers and siege engine support to actually do much.

And yes, it's possible to criticize without being insulting, the problem is that whatever the logic behind archery barrage is, it simply doesn't work. Also where exactly would I DL Next War Advanced 3?

Version 3 is not out yet, i am still trying things out, but this is the first time anybody has said anything to help out, so i'll take all the opinions i can get, right now.

If you dont like Archery Barrage then you hate FfH?? Cause thats were it came from.

I infact took some advise and deleted the collateral damage for dog units. But i think the Archers are completely useless in Civ4 is why i like the barrage, i am still working on the barrage with the Assault Mech style right now. Dont know for sure what to do with them, either take it completely out and leave them the way Civ4 has them and not ever make any archers when i play.

Archers are nowhere near useless, they make excellent defensive units. With all the defensive bonuses they get (a longbow with city defender 1 has something like 9 power, plus first strikes, not including the bonuses for walls and whatnot) for their (low) cost, one or two of them can shut down a base from a determined attack from three or four times the number of units in the same era. They're not terribly great on the offensive but their +hills defense means that if the enemy has hills nearby they're handy to stick there and keep soaking fire.

So what exactly is the code in Civ4UnitInfos which removes this ability? Because archers were excellently balanced before and archery barrage overpowers them.

No, I haven't played FfH, but if I did I'd probably have the same complaint about how archery barrage is the worst thing ever.

So what exactly is the code in Civ4UnitInfos which removes this ability? Because archers were excellently balanced before and archery barrage overpowers them.
No, I haven't played FfH, but if I did I'd probably have the same complaint about how archery barrage is the worst thing ever.

Its in the python, there are like 8 different ones that effect it.(maybe more)
SpellInfo, CvGameUtil, CvModEvents, CvMainInterface, CvEventInterface, CvExoticForeignAdvisor, CvPediaPromotion, CvWorldBuilderDiplomacyScreen

I dont know for sure what would happen if you'd just take out the SpellInfo python, but you could give it a try. Just make sure you dont completely delete it just incase you'd need it back later. But again in V003 it isnt in there anyways.

EDIT: OK i compromised in V003, i took the Archery Barrage away for archers but put a range of of 1 and only 25% damage for Longbowman.

I love your MOD. great work so far. I cant wait to try the next version out. Are you looking to add any more leaders for the Americans? I'm tired of the same three. :)

Hi! I love your mod. Since i play the first map in NWA i play just your mod. But i see a lot of game concepts in other mods and i try to implement them into NWA but i can't. I want to implement Unit Statistics but nothing happened. Unit fuel is a great concept. I wish to see in NWA all concepts described in forum Civ4 - Mod Components and concepts from Total War mod.
It is possible in the future?

I love your MOD. great work so far. I cant wait to try the next version out. Are you looking to add any more leaders for the Americans? I'm tired of the same three. :)

Thx so much, i wish to hear that more, thx.
I havent seen anymore leaders, you tell me where and i'll add them.

Hi! I love your mod. Since i play the first map in NWA i play just your mod. But i see a lot of game concepts in other mods and i try to implement them into NWA but i can't. I want to implement Unit Statistics but nothing happened. Unit fuel is a great concept. I wish to see in NWA all concepts described in forum Civ4 - Mod Components and concepts from Total War mod.
It is possible in the future?

Again thx so much! Adding some components are SDK or dll stuff and i wont add any of those, i will leave that up to the individual person to add them to this MOD, reason being, if that person that made that dll/sdk leaves CFC then i cant fix the problem.

How can i add more then one resource required to construct an unit? (Ex. air planes need aluminium and oil to build them, or ICBM needs uranium and aluminium, like in CIv3). I added 2 bonus type in unitsinfo.xml but is not loadind - error message.

I see that PrereqBonuses meens the reaources must be into your border but without to have them (without improvement build on it). So i can't use it.

How can i add more then one resource required to construct an unit? (Ex. air planes need aluminium and oil to build them, or ICBM needs uranium and aluminium, like in CIv3). I added 2 bonus type in unitsinfo.xml but is not loadind - error message.

I see that PrereqBonuses meens the reaources must be into your border but without to have them (without improvement build on it). So i can't use it.

Code:
<PrereqBonuses>
		<BonusType>BONUS_COPPER</BonusType>
		<BonusType>BONUS_IRON</BonusType>
		<BonusType>NONE</BonusType>
</PrereqBonuses>

Code:
<PrereqBonuses>
		<BonusType>BONUS_COPPER</BonusType>
		<BonusType>BONUS_IRON</BonusType>
</PrereqBonuses>

This is with OR. And i need with AND.
In Civ IV Wiki (http://civ4.wikidot.com/xml:civ4unitinfos) writes: "PrereqBonuses = These are "OR" prerequisite resources. A Unit with Oil and Uranium listed here, for example, will require one or the other. (See Destroyer/Carrier in base game for examples)"

You obviously work really hard on this & I love the variety. Its a great piece of work already can't wait for v. 3. Plus I love the Mauer pic, I'm from MN too, born & raised!

This is with OR. And i need with AND.
In Civ IV Wiki (http://civ4.wikidot.com/xml:civ4unitinfos) writes: "PrereqBonuses = These are "OR" prerequisite resources. A Unit with Oil and Uranium listed here, for example, will require one or the other. (See Destroyer/Carrier in base game for examples)"

You can only have strictly 1 "AND" resource pre-req. However if you only have 1 "AND" and 1 "OR" you have effectively 2 "AND" resources as they will need both (as there are no other options for the or). I know that sounded confusing, but if you only want it to need two resources the advice strategyonly gave was correct.

<PrereqBonuses/>

Quick question for you. While playing I was the first to discover Voodoo and also the first to discover Christianity. My capital was considered the holy city for Voodoo but there wasn't a Holy city for Christianity. When you check the list of religions it showed Christianity as never being founded. Is this how you planned it or is this a little bug? Thanks again for all your and everyone else's hard work on these MODs!

Quick question for you. While playing I was the first to discover Voodoo and also the first to discover Christianity. My capital was considered the holy city for Voodoo but there wasn't a Holy city for Christianity. When you check the list of religions it showed Christianity as never being founded. Is this how you planned it or is this a little bug? Thanks again for all your and everyone else's hard work on these MODs!

Yeah its exactly the way i intended it to be, i used to have it listed, i must have erased it when putting some of V003 stuff in, but in essence only ONE Holy City per civ is authorized for use. Not saying you cant change religions, which you can just NO two holy cities.(Can be founded)
Thats why it is so important to figure out what you want to do from the very beginning of the game. And gives other civs a better chance.

Thx i will add the Reagan but not the Bush.

is the bush unbalanced?

just seems weird i thought you wanted to add as much variety as possible to your very large mod?

you have Stalin, Mao, and Hitler in there right?

is the bush unbalanced?

just seems weird i thought you wanted to add as much variety as possible to your very large mod?

you have Stalin, Mao, and Hitler in there right?

I was thinking of adding Patton, at least he did something, whereas:mischief:, well.
Besides comparing him to the above you named seems about right.

Never know maybe down the road.

Yeah its exactly the way i intended it to be, i used to have it listed, i must have erased it when putting some of V003 stuff in, but in essence only ONE Holy City per civ is authorized for use. Not saying you cant change religions, which you can just NO two holy cities.(Can be founded)
Thats why it is so important to figure out what you want to do from the very beginning of the game. And gives other civs a better chance.

Thx i will add the Reagan but not the Bush.

Thanks for the answer on the Religions. That makes sense. I do like the idea of Patton as a leader or even a General Schwarzkopf.

Yeah, Schwartzy was noted as being one of the most stereotypically military looking generals ever.

Top Bottom