The guilds (corporations) in FF

apotheoser

Prince
An important difference about the guilds in FF versus vanilla Civ4 is that FF corporations don't have headquarters.

However, I was experimenting with a new civ for FF. The civ was supposed to follow a colonialist, early industrial theme. I thought it would be interesting if this civ had a corporation they could spread, but that worked like a vanilla civ 4 corporation - with +maintenance costs in branches, and +gold in the corporation hq.

So I set the civ's palace to be the HQ of their civ corporation, with various bonuses I would play with.

It was working fine until I also happened to get a great engineer, and I tried founding Stonefire in the capital as well. Then things got really weird.

Upon founding Stonefire, my civ corporation was INSTANTLY erased from every city and replaced with Stonefire. I also lost the ability to build the civ corporation executive unit.

Is this an unintended side effect of FF corporations not having HQs? That we can't use HQs with multiple corporations? It's like the Stonefire hijacked my original civ corporation.

Could we perhaps implement some FF corporation HQs? That might make things a bit more interesting. Even if we just shuffle things around a bit - for example what if Guild of Hammers was the Stonefire HQ? Or Theatre of Dreams was Masquerade HQ?

Maybe we could get a few different corporations, too. As of right now the corporations don't really overlap much so you pretty much always want all of them (Fabricaforma and Stonefire do overlap a bit) - they only give bonuses and they use different resources.

It seems like an oversight that there's no corporation that uses mana, either.

Top Bottom