Bug Reports

Alright, the problem was actually with a seemingly unrelated setting in your Revolution.ini file:

LeaderOdds = .25

Odds are expected to be integers and the game throws an error when passed a float. I believe what was happening was the mod would stop for a revolt in your civ but this error would short-circuit the revolt processing just before presenting you with the popup. With HidePythonErrors = 1 in CivilizationIV.ini, you would have no idea there was an error and it would look like the mod just randomly stopped.

I would never have guessed that ... so, use 25 instead of .25 and you should be all set. I'll try to make the config parsing a little more robust, though it does say to use integer percentage points in the ini file.

Alright, the problem was actually with a seemingly unrelated setting in your Revolution.ini file:

LeaderOdds = .25

Odds are expected to be integers and the game throws an error when passed a float. I believe what was happening was the mod would stop for a revolt in your civ but this error would short-circuit the revolt processing just before presenting you with the popup. With HidePythonErrors = 1 in CivilizationIV.ini, you would have no idea there was an error and it would look like the mod just randomly stopped.

I would never have guessed that ... so, use 25 instead of .25 and you should be all set. I'll try to make the config parsing a little more robust, though it does say to use integer percentage points in the ini file.

Bwahaha, it figures something like that would cause such an annoying error. I just saw the 0.0 and thought it took values from 0.01 to 1.0, like in another game I have, oh well, live and learn, thanks jdog. :)

And yep, that was the exact problem, soon as I fired up my savegame and automated, I got a pop-up to cede power or fight, thanks again jdog.

I thought I'd post this in this thread as well since it includes "questionable behavior" (I had previously opened a thread for this post). This could either be a problem with the program or with what I understand of the mod. The save files that I posted are in the thread "Improving, yet getting worse?".

I've been playing a game of revolutions where my core cities (ones that I've founded) have had an "improving" green revolution index, but where they have actually slowly gotten worse, and now at the point I'm at they are actually all revolting. I'm having enough of a problem with two cities that I took from another peninsula empire (it's in the northeast corner). But what really is strange is that I can't figure out why my core cities are revolting though, because nearly the entire game every single one of these cities have had an improving rev index, and there are few negative modifiers. Those include distance for some of the cities and the global modifiers of despotism (later hereditary rule) and slavery. My capital has been improving the entire game and I don't think it has ever had any negative modifiers besides global ones, and yet it is now on "warning." Most of the rest of my cities are on danger. Can anyone explain what's going on to me? I've posted saves from the beginning, the middle, and where I'm currently at in the game.

Yeah, the trouble is that "Improving" only refers to the local effects in the city and doesn't take everything that effects the RevIndex into account. The most likely culprit are the civ-wide effects like slavery or financial trouble.

I'm currently planning a new system for taking RevIndex and local/national effects into account when determining revolt launching and improving/worsening trends because the current system definitely misrepresents things. National and Local effects will also become more distinct (currently they just lump into the single RevIndex, with local changes being kept track of separately). Unfortunately these changes will take a while, both because they're significant and because of the dreaded "real life" ... but this issue will be addressed.

Hope that helps explain what you're seeing ...

nvm, I figured out what was wrong lol. I kept updating to the wrong version XD

Great mod, this should be standard on any Civ game or expansion that comes out from this point foward.

Hello, jdog. I highly appreciate your work and efforts, but why do you hate russian?

I mean, I can't play the revolutions 1.4 because I have no interface at all! (even menu windows and dawn-of-man window) and it creates a lot of python exceptions. By a lot i mean A LOT.
Other users do not have such problems, thus I think it's because of my russian windows (maybe not? ???)

Early versions (like 1.32, the last I've played) were ok, but now I can't play.
For screenshots and stuff you can look here, I explained the problem in details and I don't want to quote myself :).
one thread
another thread
I don't know what actually causes it, but because you had a working version I bet you, fix it please.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

These two are strange python exceptions I get at the game start.
Do you have them with python exceptions interface enabled?

I had no such problems in other mods.

I did change the path finding method for 1.4, so there's probably a problem with that. The issue is most likely not the "My Documents" folder finding, the method for finding those hasn't changed (and that folder should not be used by the mod anyway), but finding the directory where the game is installed ...

I think I've spotted the problem in the new path finding code (which I borrowed from the BUG mod) but there's a simple test you could do so I can be sure it's solved correctly. The old path finding code is still in the mod files, it's just been turned off. If you go inside the mod folder to Assets/Python you should see two files:
CvPath.py
CvPath.py.bak
(You may have to disable hiding of file extensions under Tools->Folder Options->View and uncheck the Russian equivalent of "Hide extensions for known file types")

Basically, rename CvPath.py (which is the new method) to something else, and then remove the .bak from the older file. This should get you back to functioning with the current version, let me know. If it works, then it won't be an issue in future versions.

new bug: all components except autoplay are deactivated but there are still revolutions (for AI players)

"X has taken control over Y"

AI leaders are changing....

and now also: "A violent revolution...."

20 players now.... I've startet with 11. :D

-------------------------------------------------------

edit: just found out: your new game options are not working. only "enable = false" within revolution.ini stopped the revolutions and barbarian civs.

new bug: all components except autoplay are deactivated but there are still revolutions (for AI players)

"X has taken control over Y"

AI leaders are changing....

and now also: "A violent revolution...."

20 players now.... I've startet with 11. :D

-------------------------------------------------------

edit: just found out: your new game options are not working. only "enable = false" within revolution.ini stopped the revolutions and barbarian civs.

Arrgh ... I'll try to have this fixed very quickly. :cry:

Cybah:

Alright, it seems to me that the problem crops up if you start a game with Revolution or another component enabled, then go back to the main menu and start another game with them disabled. The mod doesn't (yet ...) clear the event subscriptions from the instance created by the first, aborted game and so they are still there for the second game ...

If you were to exit and then reload the second game, it would then work as the event handling would never be set. You might also have added "Enable = False" to the .ini file before restarting? For Revolution and BarbarianCiv, this setting no longer does anything but it would seem like it did in this case.

I hope this explanation fits your experience, because this will be straightforward to fix.

EDIT: Reinitializing components when starting a new game or loading a game seems to have fixed this, new version released.

yes, but you get that message even if you don't own the holy city currently.

Top Bottom