Bren LMG / 29 Sept 2007

This is the best possible answer to my question "why don't you make more units?" :lol: Wonderful... it seems to run faster in attack and fortify than in fidget... maybe that's just the preview :goodjob: anyway

In the preview they are in the same GIF, and so some are gonna run too fast and some too slow. But, If you look at the FLCs, you will see that the animations are not all the same speed.

Also, I am not done making units. Just struggling to find the time to do so right now. I have other things I have been working on. And, I tend to finsih them and start completely new ones as well.

Sweet!!! :D

Version 1.2 posted.

First off. Sorry to everyone that downloaded it thus far.

This fixes two things:
1. re-centered all anims. How I missed this basic step I do not know. But at least they are now all where they should be.
2. re-did the civ colors. I was lazy and sloppy. I did not test with enough tribal colors. I was shocked when I played a different tribe and I could finally build the Bren Gunner and he came looking mighty close to a PIMP! Gawd!

I did not re-render the unit. Instead I adjusted the colors via the palette. The side effect of this is a slight flaw in the socks coloration. They look kinda sort like argyles for some tribal colors. But, I think this is better than having the day-glo bright colors.

The links in post 1 have been updated they now point to:
The unit (complete including both patches)
The patches only (includes both patch 1 & 2, since patch 2 fixes most of the files in patch 1).

Cool, got the new files. Thanks for the updates!!! And thanks again for all your efforts in doing this little guy. Definitely an EXCELLENT unit idea. He makes a PERFECT compliment to the US and German machine gunners! :hatsoff: :goodjob:

... or a Ghurka? I believe I see a Khukri... :mischief:

Bjornlo, since I haven't said it yet, and it really deserves to be said:
- excellent work!!! :goodjob:

correct me if I'm incorrect, but as far as I'm aware of, only the Aussies use that style hat.

Well, I modeled it after an Australian slouch hat. It is the traditional hat of the Australian Army. And, it is most strongly associated with them. But, they were not the only ones to wear such a hat.

For example:

An american hat of the same style (Civil war officers hat)

A german hat from their south west african corp

and similar hats have been worn by soldiers from Indonesia, India, and others.

You have my premission to use it as you please. Not that my persmission is needed. You just have to remember that this and any unit any way you see fit in your own game.

This unit "can" be used for half a dozen countries. Pick the ones you want to have it.

What I modeled it after and what you use it as need not be the same. The sound files are mostly australian, but you could assign other sounds by editing the INI file.

I was gonna make this Bloke a modern UU for Ireland (Snce alot of Aussies are of Irish decent, and Austrailia is not really in my MOD)...that seem reasonable? otherwise he donest fit anywhere :(

The side effect of this is a slight flaw in the socks coloration. They look kinda sort like argyles for some tribal colors.

Sweet!! Is one of those colors DkGreen (Ireland's color in my Mod)???

I was gonna make this Bloke a modern UU for Ireland (Snce alot of Aussies are of Irish decent, and Austrailia is not really in my MOD)...that seem reasonable? otherwise he donest fit anywhere :(

Sweet!! Is one of those colors DkGreen (Ireland's color in my Mod)???

He could fit for the Irish, though he would do better with a new hat. such as a british kettle helmet, beret or some sort of bonnet. I am not an expert, but I think the only Irish hat I've seen which looked like this slouch hat was a cavalry hat and it had a feather or something on the side. So it would not be a perfect fit. Also, a darker brown uniform might be more "irish". I might be willing to make a derivative version with a hat swap or minor changes.

And, yes it is the darker colors that end up with more of the unintentional argyle look. I might be able fix it with a re-render. But, I have been busy modeling (both to meet old promises and to prepare a new unit).

Is this the first non-converted unit to use blood in the death animation? :) The first human one, atleast?
I think Wyrmshadow did an infantry unit which also leaked.
As far as I can recall new/firsts with this unit are:
Attack from full prone (1st)
particle smoke (1st), though this ended up being a TON of work and not very popular ... sigh.
bleeder (2nd)
Unit with a vice (smoking in this case), might also be a first in the "bad example" category.

Top Bottom