Chakra Thrower (October 20, 2007)

utahjazz7

Deity
I told R8XFT that I would make this for him a couple of months ago. I'm sorry that it took so long for me to finish it. I saw today that someone else had made another version in the meanwhile. But, here's my version nonetheless.

Download.

Really nice, and quite different from R8XFT's version. Did you base the clothing color on that image I posted of the Sikhs in dark outfits? I guess since everyone is making Indian units with beads I'll have to start referring to them as japa malas instead of necklaces.

Edit: Sorry, the other really well done Chakra dude is odin's.

Son of a b-tch! Someone always makes a better one, ;). Nah, very good. It looks alot more like the Firaxis units than mine.

Gah, it was mine!
:blush: I've been pretty spacey this week. Realized my error before I saw this post - corrected mine via added comment before I had scrolled down the page.

Too funny -- two units not even a week apart -- too cool! :D

Very cool :goodjob:

The Chakras were commonly used by the Akalis (immortals), who were ferocious Sikh warriors. Later developed into the Nihang warriors, who can be seen wandering fully armed around Punjab even today (N W India).

They practice the Sikh martial art of Gatka, which is a somewhat watered down version of the original military training of the Nihang from 200 years ago. Most still carry the chakra, amongst other weapons, and all carry a sword.

I've always been staggered that Sikhs were not included in Civ 4. Not only one of the biggest religions world-wide, but an extremely martial race, with the elite Nihang mirroring many aspects of the ancient Spartans.

Top Bottom