Mr T (08/11/07)

"Don't do drugs, stay in school, play Civ 3 you crazy foo!"
:D

This is awesome, I mean there's plenty of times where a famous character unit is made and it's popular just for the fact that the character is now in the game, but when the unit quality is excellent as well, you have created something UNSTOPPABLE.

:thumbsup:

Needs some build anims with a blow-torch... to make forts.

Or if he had the rest of them, they could use a plank of wood, 3 nails and a poodle and make a tank.

Or if he had the rest of them, they could use a plank of wood, 3 nails and a poodle and make a tank.

No, that would be the MacGuyver unit.

This unit made my day! :worship:

...Are you thinking of doing the rest of the A-Team, or is it better to take these things in moderation?

Im curious what could inspire a unit maker of this caliber, to make such a Random unit???

Sometimes it's just nice to turn out a unit that (a) I don't need, (b) no-one has requested, (c) has no obvious purpose or use, and (d) no-one anticipates. Also, I'm trying to finish off various half-completed projects at the moment, and I've had Mr T sitting in my hard drive for a while after I idly tried to see if I could model him convincingly - I just hadn't got around to animating him.

Of course, the most fun part of this was doing the sounds.

Needs some build anims with a blow-torch... to make forts.

Now that's a good idea. Immediately put me in mind of...

No, that would be the MacGuyver unit.

No! I'm not making MacGuyver! What stats would he have?

...Are you thinking of doing the rest of the A-Team, or is it better to take these things in moderation?

Well, the rest of the A Team aren't nearly so interesting, so I don't think that's going to happen. But everyone knows Mr T!

We all know about "Talk like a pirate day" - why isn't there a "Talk like Mr T day" too?

Plotinus ...I am adding Mr T to EFZI2 as a "special" unit to rescue from the Zombies.
I made a Run sound and Attack C sound as well as Alternate Victory sounds and adjust all other sounds for pitch, sound level,timing, etc....
Made a New units_32.pcx and Small.pcx that can all be used if wanted.

Fun Unit :D

This unit should go into a tutorial as a way of teaching how to add "character" to a unit. It is a perfect example. Like the way Sam Raimi finally got Spiderman to move like Spiderman. So, fantastic job, Plotinus.:goodjob:.

BTW, McGuyver could be an extra-fast worker/fighter, don't you think? I mean he could probably build a mine with a stick of dynamite and a fork. Or make a bomb with a box of doughnuts.

These MacGyver references escape me. I don't ever remember seeing that show so I guess it was never aired in Scotland. Still I came up with a Mr T entry for EFZI2 - thanks to everyone who filled in all the best Mr T/B.A. quotes on this thread :D

^The team found the heavily built man sprawled on the floor of the church. There was a glass of spilled milk nearby but no other visible clue to explain his current condition. He was still breathing so obviously wasn't one of the undead yet.
^
^"Wow, look at the gold on this guy, he's a walking Fort Knox"!
^
^"He looks as tough as Fort Knox too. I pity the fool who tries to take that gold off of him".
^
^"Whoa, was that a growl"? "Keep your gun on him he might be reanimating".
^
^"Where am I"?
^
^The team relaxed now knowing that zombies did not talk.
^
^"You're in the Church, bud" came the reply. Do you remember how got here?"
^
^"I don't remember nuttin" growled the big man.
^
^"Maybe you drank your milk too fast" proferred one of the team. "Or it was much colder than you thought" added another.
^
^"Cut your jibber jabber and help me to ma feet".
^
^"So what do we call you"?
^
^"I told you, I don't remember nothin'.
^
^As three members of the team helped the man to his feet they noticed the many references to the letter T on his jewellry.
^
^"Maybe, your name begins with T. Does that ring any bells?" asked one of the team.
^
^"I think it does but I can't remember what the T stands for".
^
^"What if we just call you T"?
^
^"It's Mr to you sucka. You call me Mr T"!

Then when you upgrade him you get

#PRTO_Mr_T
^
^
^"When punks start hasslin' decent people, I make it my business"!
^
^{Faction(s): Authorities, Company, Survivors and Farmers}
^
^{Bonuses:} {All Terrain As Roads; Blitz; a gargantuan 8 extra Hit Points; Zone of Control; King Unit; Requires No Support}
^
^Mr T is a rough-and-tough fighter. Because of his massive size and strength, Mr T can punch the head clean off a zombie.

I've attached a screenie of his pedia entry so you can see his stats as set by Vuldacon. I haven't managed to capture him yet in my test game but obviously he's one of my main targets.

Attachments

• MrTpedia.PNG
    MrTpedia.PNG
    267.7 KB · Views: 171
Top Bottom