Sulla's Civilization IV Walkthrough

Great job, Sullla. I enjoyed your Civ3 writings, and this one is up to your high standards as well. i am looking forward to the rest of the walkthrough. I am sure that it will help me survive my first few games in uncharted territory.

Lions? EEK! :eek:

Great work Sulla! I really like how you explain the details and the decisions you made.

I enjoyed the walkthru first part a novel way to tell people about the game I look forward to reading the rest of it.

JakeCourtney said:
I'm board and want something to look forward to now.

Slight quibble. How can you look forward to something if you have it right now? :D

Great work Sulla. I really enjoyed the first part of your walkthrough since it's a view of the game that so far hasn't been seen. Even when I do get Civilization I'll take the time to check up on the other parts as I think you might have a thing or two to teach the rest of us in there. Besides, I'll need something to read when my girlfriend forces me to put down the game for such petty Earthly concerns as food and sleep.

Very nice writeup Sullla!! Great reading for us in Europe as we have to wait until Nov 4th:mad: .

I willlook forward to part 2 in this intresting walkthrough.

:goodjob:

I was just thinking that people were getting a little too crazy about having to wait an extra day and then read your walkthrough and now I'm drooling and everything. The game looks great and I really enjoyed your walkthrough. Of course I want more, but I'll wait without complaint.

The only thing I'll say at this point was I thought the game had been designed so that the pacing would be more even between the early and late game stages, but if it takes 12 turns to build a worker, then there's gonna be a lot of turns eaten for early development expansion with little to do. Obviously, I don't have the whole story so it's not a criticism, just that I was expecting something more like the reverse of this.

Good job, I was very happy with it!

However, I think that it would be a smart move to publish all the guide now, because in 6 days most USA Civers will already have the game. If you don't publish it now, someone will and divert all the attention, IMHO.

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Is it the final build this game was played on, or one of the beta versions?

In other words did beta testers get an early copy ;-)?

Great piece of work Sullla, the time and effort you've taken is much appreciated! And there are plenty of us outside of North America that can appreciate the rest of your work over the next few days! :)

Nice one and I especially like how you mentioned that the biggest maps are bigger than those in CivIII. That, coupled with the "no razing" option I saw and the huge customisation possible is going to mean that I can finally create a staggering WW2 scenario (if you think my last one was large think about this - towards the end of its life I experimented with fitting the East coast of North America on it). It seems as though they have really listened to us and for that I'm really gratful (especialy if you had input on that decision like it seems that you're hinting). Unfortunatly though I'm not actualy sure when I'll be able to get it as the amount of work I'm doing at uni ATM is probably going to delay things until Christmas. :(

due to the delay of us getting the game we need the other chapters now! also because after we get the game its not like we'll stop playing and come back to check on the chapters again ;) nice job tho kinda neat to look thru

JakeCourtney said:
Release it now, the euros can wait and just a section a day. no need to keep us in the dark.

I don't know why you're so desperate to see the rest of the walkthrough. After all, you claimed earlier to have gotten the game on Sunday :lol:

Thank you for writing this walkthrough, it is very well written and illustrated. :goodjob:
It is different than the previews because it really takes you into a game of Civ 4. Thank you.

edit: Can you answer questions about the game or is the NDA prohibiting you?

Top Bottom