1.0.1.141 Previously working Mods no longer work

masonl

Science Officer
Several mods that I use stopped working as soon as the 1.0.1.141 update installed. I have spent to weeks trying to chase this down and looking regularly at the forum to see if someone else has reported it.

Problem description:
Mods that worked in prior versions no longer work. I have seen several mods that showed similar problems but the 2 to download and test are "The Confederate States of America (v. 5)" and "Republic of Texas (v. 2)". Please note that the much less robust mod, "Confederate States of America (v.5)", does not exhibit these problems. The first manifestation that one sees of the the problem is in the advanced setup of the single player game. The leader drop down shows for The CSA "TXT_KEY_LEADER_DAVIS - TXT_KEY_CIV_CONFEDERATE_SHORT_DESC" and for Texas "TXT_KEY_LEADER_HOUSTON - TXT_KEY_CIV_TEXAS_SHORT_DESC". You can select them and go into the game but the game is quirky from there out. It blows up if you go into the entries in Civilopedia. It scrambles trading screens. Just generally doesn't act right. If you select the leader on the main setup screen it also shows the TXT_KEYs for the traits.

Troubleshooting and attemped fixes:
1. The first thing I tried was to confirm that text for all of these keys actually existed. It does. I went on to check every "TXT_KEY" entry in both of theses civs to make sure that there was text for each key. It's all there. I did find a picture reference that was pointed to the wrong file but pointing it to the right file fixed the picture and nothing else. I checked the logs after each test abd there is nothing taht shines any light on it.

2. The next step was to delete the mods and redownload them. No change. I rebooted the machine and cleared the cache after I deleted them and after any disc change in any of the following attempted solutions.

3. I downloaded the latest SDK and used the resources from the mods to reproduce the mods in Mod Buddy. Still no change.

4. I completely uninstalled and re-installed Civ 5. No change.

5. I restored an image backup from before Civ 5 was first installed and re-installed it and it still made no change. (I had to do this anyway because of a disk failure or I probably wouldn't have gone this far.)

I think i have pretty thoroughly covered the bases and still have no Joy. Does anyone else have any ideas of how to make these civs work without taking out features? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mason

Are you playing in english, or in another language?
If the last, then you'd try to launch the game in english, maybe it changes something.

And did you ask the mod creators about the problems? It could be that a workaround is already known.

Are you playing in english, or in another language?
If the last, then you'd try to launch the game in english, maybe it changes something.

And did you ask the mod creators about the problems? It could be that a workaround is already known.

I am playing in English already. Good thought though.

I have not asked them but I am going there now.

I appreciate the response. I'll post here if I get a workaround. If anyone else finds the workaround please let me know here.

if 2 mod have a same TXT_KEYs
the game will do not load all TXT_KEYs in both of them after 141 ver

if 2 mod have a same TXT_KEYs
the game will do not load all TXT_KEYs in both of them after 141 ver

I'll double check but I am pretty sure they are unique. I am sure that is not the problem here though because I have tried each of these mods without the other one installed and I get the same results as when they are both loaded.

Or they maybe has one is the same as one from game?
you can find XMLlog at Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs

xml.log stays the same whether I use the working Dutch Civilization mod or one of the broken mods or vanilla going to the game instead of the mods section. There is only one error int the xml.log and it references sounds:

[464.446] **** Validating Game Database *****
[464.898] Performing Localization Checks
[464.898] Checking Tag Format...
[464.898] Note: Tags must only use [A-Z_] characters, start with 'TXT_KEY_', and be under 128 characters long.
[464.914] Validating UnitGameplay
[464.914] Number of selection sounds doesn't match number of units.
[464.914] Validating Notifications
[464.914] **** VALIDATION FAILED *****
[465.038] Validation Took 0.457841 seconds
[465.288] **** Validating Prefetch Process *****
[465.288] **** Validation Success *****
[465.288] SetGlobalActionInfo
[465.288]
-- SQLite Memory Statistics --
Memory Usage:
[Cur] [Max]
Malloc: 269224 2306376
PageCache: 2847 3595
LookAside: 31 1802
Scratch: 0 1

Static Buffer Overflows:
[TooLarge] [NoSpace]
PageCache: 0 0
Scratch: 0 0

Largest Allocations:
Malloc: 65280
PageCache: 1160
Scratch: 5104

Prepared Statements:
Current: 3
------------------------------

There is also an error in the database.log but that file remains constant as well. Here is what it looks like:

[464.461] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[464.898] Failure to check references for foreign key Units(CivilianAttackPriority).
[464.898] no such table: CivilianAttackPriority
[464.898] Failed Validation.
[465.288]
-- SQLite Memory Statistics --
Memory Usage:
[Cur] [Max]
Malloc: 269224 2306376
PageCache: 2847 3595
LookAside: 31 1802
Scratch: 0 1

Static Buffer Overflows:
[TooLarge] [NoSpace]
PageCache: 0 0
Scratch: 0 0

Largest Allocations:
Malloc: 65280
PageCache: 1160
Scratch: 5104

Prepared Statements:
Current: 3
------------------------------

Let me know if any of this gives you any clues.

I guess I am kind of dense sometimes. I did not catch what you meant by same as in the game. I was testing some Civs to see what had the bug and what did not. The bug showed up in the Danish Empire after I had verified the Viking Empire. I tested it for a little longer to see if it was going to blow up. I noticed one of the TXT_KEYS_ was for a city of the same name in the Viking Mod. It was like a lightbulb going off over my head. I tested "The Confederate States of America" and "Republic of Texas" after changing all the city TXT_KEY_(s) to include _CSA and _TEX respectively after the city name both mods work. I have tested them some. I am going to play a game in the next couple days where I use only the CSA, Texas, and the USA. I know they all three have Dallas if I can get all the way through one game like that and use all of the cities then I'll know it works.

I can not get any mods into Civ5. I have follow the proceedures that I can find but nothing on the subject of what files go where...
I would be happy is I could just load the maps/mods I have made in world builder. I have tried every sort of output I can find from Modbuddy, but the game will not recognize anything in any folder.
Is this a new state form latest hotfix or is there come great advise someone can share about the procedure of getting maps/mods into the game.
Thx

I have the same TXT issue with some civ mods, in my case the Dannebrog and the Scots. As you can see in the screenshot from the advanced setup, the Kongo icons also get mixed up with the Danish. In combination with other mods (Nubian, Finnish, New Zealand), the Kongo mod worked fine (and I like it).

I only started using mods recently and at first I thought it was due to incompatibility between mods. But after reading these posts, I suppose the problem is elsewhere. So far, I have never meddled with xml files etc., but if anyone has a solution that's not too complicated, please let me know.

Note:
  • I'm playing in the english version
  • TXT issue also appears when enabling only 1 of the 2 mods in the screenshot
  • When I go back to browse the mods from where I was in the screenshot, then disable the flawed mods, and go back to advanced setup, the list of civs in player selection goes completely haywire: not only are the flawed mods still there, the list of players (eligable civs) is repeated over and over again in the menu. This can only be solved by restarting the game.

Attachments

• 2011-08-25_00003.jpg
    2011-08-25_00003.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 144
I guess I am kind of dense sometimes. I did not catch what you meant by same as in the game. I was testing some Civs to see what had the bug and what did not. The bug showed up in the Danish Empire after I had verified the Viking Empire. I tested it for a little longer to see if it was going to blow up. I noticed one of the TXT_KEYS_ was for a city of the same name in the Viking Mod. It was like a lightbulb going off over my head. I tested "The Confederate States of America" and "Republic of Texas" after changing all the city TXT_KEY_(s) to include _CSA and _TEX respectively after the city name both mods work. I have tested them some. I am going to play a game in the next couple days where I use only the CSA, Texas, and the USA. I know they all three have Dallas if I can get all the way through one game like that and use all of the cities then I'll know it works.
If your solution works, could you explain it step by step to a complete layman?

Top Bottom