ISDG ~ Water Coverage

What amount of water coverage is best for the ISDG?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:)
I know what you meant. It would be easier and smarter to just use 60% water coverage.

Easier for me and furiey. :)
But the more titles there are, the more need to be used by citys. This effekt can be weakend by increasing corruption, but it will be always an important issue.
60% Water would serve good for a pangäa at 60x60. For Kontinents for example at 80x80 more water would be better. The distance between continents may be wanted great enough for a triere to need 2-3 turns to cross.

I understand, but I don't agree totally. The amount of land tiles need not be tied directly to corruption. If you are talking total tiles, then again, the picture is different. The adjustment to optimal cities is one that can help, either way you lok at it.

The map you are discribing, IMO, will just be a lot of naval battles. Is that what we want? I could understand if this was an historic replication, but I thought the reason everyone (but me :mischief: ) wanted a small map was to decrease the length of turns for the game. I think a Navy game will just increase the amount of turns :yawn:

The map you are discribing, IMO, will just be a lot of naval battles. Is that what we want? I could understand if this was an historic replication, but I thought the reason everyone (but me :mischief: ) wanted a small map was to decrease the length of turns for the game. I think a Navy game will just increase the amount of turns :yawn:

I share this fear.
Both the total number of turns and the amount of time needed per turn schould better not be too big. But choosing continents means also, that navy is some issue. How important shall the navy be?

Sounds good.

I share this fear.
Both the total number of turns and the amount of time needed per turn schould better not be too big. But choosing continents means also, that navy is some issue. How important shall the navy be?
I concur with Lanzelot. I wouldn't change any default settings for ships or tech requirements to induce or delay a strong navy. Let's just plod along like it is.

True, EC. But I don't want to make them any more important than they are.

Yes! And 60% pulls ahead! :beer: Toasten! Prost!

Top Bottom