While We Wait: (Almost) Anything Goes

BSmith1068

Deity
Retired Moderator
Welcome to the new OT WWW. You may discuss items of any topic in this thread, but be mindful that forum rules still apply. This thread is NOT a place to attack or flame others.

Please post responsibly; if you notice things getting out of hand, you may report the post in question.

The NES only related WWW thread can be found here

The last WWW thread can be found here

Sometimes, I see dead people. I don't like funerals.

So, Polandball, who else is a fan?

I'm a fan of the good Polandball comics.

With this master stroke, I suspect CFC is going to win out after all. Goddam user base inertia :p

So... the result of all this is that we've colonised The Frontier and used it as a penal colony? Or a liberal Free State?

The departure of NK along with EoE remains a particularly massive loss, however, IMO.

<snip>
Moderator Action: Image deleted
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

This is why I have no intention to join the other forum. It may have been said jokingly, but I have no intention of hoping people would burn or to go on the other forum to "ensure latecomers know where the REAL party is" or to speak like I am a rebellion against this website and than complain when they call me a rebel. I think it is obvious why -those- people chose to leave from their posts in the other forum, and in here, and I think it is obvious why I, Persona non grata (and other certain insults that were quickly removed, I personally didn't understand half, too bad) in the other forum, have no intention to join it.

Link to the originals, with their nicknames still intact:

<link deleted>
Moderator Action: erez, there is no reason to bring items from that website here. It is like posting chat logs from #nes. All such things do is piss others off and fan the flames higher. Mean spirited criticism is cheap and easy and that is not what we need here, now. Probably not ever, but let's stay focused.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889
The attempt to make NESing into a party-member only private-club where a small mob get's to choose whose in and whose out will not go unopposed.

Erez, I think we all know that wasn't said with particular menace, and now you're doing a Symphony.

Get used to CFC-Frontier rivalry for foreseeable future!

Wherein NES enters a phase of Darwinian evolution.

I have no intention of leaving and making sure I can't come back, so can't see how this is a symphony. Also why are you naming it a symphony? That is totally disrespectful to him. He did what he saw right, I can relate to that. Thought I would never leave and make sure there is no way I could ever come back.

I have no rivalry with The Frontier. I hope NESing will be amazing there too (I know it will, EoE is going there). I have a bone to pick with some people whose interests... to say it in a nice tone... collide with mine. You aren't one of those people, although you are certainly playing into their hands. Do you really want NESing to be members only and closed to most new comers, or to anyone some of them don't like? EDIT: Actually even UNKNOWN to most people, as it moves to a website with about a thousand people total...

Utopian societies dont work. The absence of a moderating force there will generate a conflict sooner or later. Rules are a necessary evil, I believe.

@erez,

Who are those people? Who are you talking about?

The tone and attitude you're talking about is nonexistent. Luckymoose, the guy you're probably talking about, just joined an IOT on the frontier for christ sake. Hell, we had a gigantic spat two years ago precisely over the kicking, banning, and altogether elitist atmosphere in #nes and he led the charge. Now IGGY runs it.

IGGY

So stop spewing nonsense. All this mod stuff is whatever, frustrating but unsurprising. I expect better from you though. Stop with the cabal nonsense.

nesers da bes, seacrest out

I have no intention of leaving and making sure I can't come back, so can't see how this is a symphony. Also why are you naming it a symphony? That is totally disrespectful to him. He did what he saw right, I can relate to that. Thought I would never leave and make sure there is no way I could ever come back.

I just meant you appear to be copying his outrage against Amon. Although I feel Symph had legit worries about Amon, whereas you've quoted some of the usual back-and-forth, not quite on the par with Amon's deadpan advocation of terrorism. Why are you even making such a big effort to highlight this? If you don't want to participate in The Frontier why are you on there taking screenshots?

I have no rivalry with The Frontier. I hope NESing will be amazing there too (I know it will, EoE is going there). I have a bone to pick with some people whose interests... to say it in a nice tone... collide with mine. You aren't one of those people, although you are certainly playing into their hands. Do you really want NESing to be members only and closed to most new comers, or to anyone some of them don't like? EDIT: Actually even UNKNOWN to most people, as it moves to a website with about a thousand people total...

An OT thread was one of the things I argued for and I really appreciate the fact that it has happened. At the same time, some of my friends are on The Frontier for good. A thousand? Seems like less active members than that. I think NESers are now a majority rather than a minority there ;)

I've mixed loyalties. Maybe a mixture is good. Maybe we can agree on that.

They know who they are. Same people who left a nice, but now deleted, message on the "Regarding NES Moderation" thread. I just hope they know what they are causing, and I intend to make sure they know it. I have no intention of getting into naming names and starting an actual flamewar. That isn't my style.

I'm well aware who runs #nes nowadays.

As for nonsense... Sure...
Spoiler :

The mods done nothing wrong. These guys were just looking for an excuse to ruin NESing. And don't expect from me, You aren't my mother. Oh and tell the person who know who he is that I am very very thin, so I don't have sausage fingers.

Nesers are the best indeed. But isn't it SGTers now in the frontiers?

An OT thread was one of the things I argued for and I really appreciate the fact that it has happened. At the same time, some of my friends are on The Frontier for good. A thousand? Seems like less active members than that. I think NESers are now a majority rather than a minority there ;)

I've mixed loyalties. Maybe a mixture is good. Maybe we can agree on that.

An OT thread has always been here, and I obviously think there should be one too (hey! we are using it!) And yes there are less active members there.

Also, just to remind you, saying someone is a terrorist is flaming (that's a suggestion to edit your post a bit). I may not agree with him, I may think his opinions are more than alarming, but I'm not the boss/moderator/judge to say what will happen, and I will certainly not go around breaking rules to make sure what I want happens or I leave.

Erez, let's just stop posting screenshots of The Frontier? We've all got accounts, we can all go look for ourselves, thanks!

You don't like the culture over there, or on #NES, I get it.

How about we change the subject before we get this thread closed down on its first page?

I'm well aware you can easily check who posted those things, I added the link myself. I'm just being the voice of CFC NESing while some of you guys are just "ensuring latecomers know where the real party is". And since I'm a persona non grata there (my brand new user title! thanks you know who!) I have no intention of letting my hobby die out without responding.

And the subject is fine as long as no one insults anyone, flames anyone, or calls anyone names etc...

Sub post.

They know who they are. Same people who left a nice, but now deleted, message on the "Regarding NES Moderation" thread. I just hope they know what they are causing, and I intend to make sure they know it. I have no intention of getting into naming names and starting an actual flamewar. That isn't my style.

I'm well aware who runs #nes nowadays.

The mods done nothing wrong. These guys were just looking for an excuse to ruin NESing. And don't expect from me, You aren't my mother. Oh and tell the person who know who he is that I am very very thin, so I don't have sausage fingers.

Nesers are the best indeed. But isn't it SGTers now in the frontiers?

erez, I don't know what happened to you but I'm sorry it occurred. I consider literally all of you my friends (sans Amon) and I've been nesing since Shock and Awe. It's not just your hobby and you are not the only one interested in its continued survival.

Top Bottom