RawSasquatch/Kramer's New Civilizations

Please accept this small Civ from northern Italy:-

---

Friuli (Volchero)
Start Bias: Hill
Capital: :c5capital: Aquileia
UA: Patria Forii Iulii
Upon founding a Religion, your Holy City generates +1 :c5faith: Faith and +5% additional Religious Pressure for each City Connected to your Trade Network. Defensive Buildings are constructed 50% faster and generate +1 :c5gold: Gold in Cities within range of a Mountain.
UB: Rocca Bertranda (replaces Castle)
Unlike the Castle it replaces, the Rocca Bertranda costs no :c5gold: Maintenance and actually generates +1 :c5gold: Gold and +2 :c5faith: Faith while you are at War. Units ending their turn adjacent to the City in which it is built take 20 additional HP damage.
UU: Berrovieri (replaces Knight)
The Berrovieri is significantly cheaper than the Knight it replaces, and is designed to be a vicious counterattacking unit. Not only does it not suffer any Rough Terrain Penalties, it can also use Roads and Railroads in enemy territory and gains a +33% :c5strength: Combat Bonus while attacking a Unit on a Road. It also generates both :c5faith: Faith and :c5gold: Gold per kill. However, it has a permanent -25% :c5strength: Combat Penalty while defending. Requires Horses; upgrades to Cavalry as normal. The bonuses are kept upon upgrading; the penalty is not.

---

The Patriarchate of Friuli is one of those weird bits of northern Italian history that often gets overlooked or forgotten about, historians instead generally preferring to study Venice. But what if the Prince-Bishops of this ancient City had instead been triumphant, their forces riding out from their Alpine holds to crush the Venetians and secure a Christian bastion in the north, and thus secure their ties with the Holy Roman Empire?

Now that's a Civilization that could have been. =]

Like the design. You might want to remove\ nerf the last effect of the UB, 20 HP is very much.
I would also nerf the panlty for the knight. Again, its a lot. It would make him very vulnerable to pikeman.

If you're in a position where your Knight is vulnerable to assault by Pikemen, you basically have to kiss the thing goodbye whatever happens. Perhaps it's a little much, though, especially considering that it requires two horses - but then again, it's a hell of a lot cheaper than a Knight (I imagined it having, say, a 33% reduction) and the bonuses stick around upon upgrading it to proper Cavalry, so... eh, it's a fine line to draw. Maybe I'll boot out the two horse requirement.

As for the Castle bonus, it is nerfed - it was originally going to be 30, just like a normal Citadel, but I dropped it down a bit. Note also that it only applies to units directly adjacent to the City; the ranged units that you will use to drop the City's health down to zero if you have any sense are quite safe. =]

Here's another civ to consider, more on the what-could've-been line (especially in its Crimean People's Republic incarnation), which should be brought to the spotlight in light of what's been going on in Ukraine.

:c5razing: Crimea / Crimean Tatars (Haci Giray)
Start bias: Coast
Capital: :c5capital: Bakhchisaray
UA: Harvesting the Steppe - Units may still move after pillaging. Pillaging yields increased by 25%.
UU: Raider/Slaver (replaces Knight) - Weaker than the Knight, which it replaces. May enter foreign lands without open borders and pillage without being at war. Doing so will cause diplomatic penalties however.

UB: Fountains (replaces Aqueduct) - In addition to the Aqueduct's benefits, adds +1 :c5culture: culture

Tried out the Texas update a couple of days ago and had quite a fun little defensive game, whilst enjoying the Bounty decision immensely. I wonder if the rewards could be increased somewhat - I couldn't remember off the top of my head, but they seemed a little low. Were the later bounties still supposed to give Great Works - I had no free slots, so couldn't test this out.

One thing I noticed was that the Oil industry decision - whilst improving oil correctly, didn't remove the Marsh if oil was located on such terrain. This was no major deal, as I could send a worker to correct this without removing the well. It was Bizarre though.

I'm 40, so that pop culture reference went over my head.

Okay, well it looks like 1950s dancing sequence within a greaser-filled highschool and flying cars is about to occur. :p

Another small idea, this time from medieval Germany (despite the name):

---

Franconia (Eberhard III)
Start Bias: Grassland
Capital: :c5capital: Wurzburg
UA: Landfriedensbund
Mounted Units and their upgrade paths gain a +5% :c5strength: Combat Bonus while attacking for each City you founded (to a maximum of +25%) and a +5% Combat Bonus for each foreign :c5capital: Capital you control. Gain +1% :c5production: Building Production for each :c5gold: Gold-generating Building in the Empire (maxed out at +33%).
UB: Bishopric (replaces Temple)
+2 :c5faith: Faith, +1 :c5gold: Gold. +2 additional :c5gold: Gold from Wine Tiles, and a further +2 :c5gold: Gold when constructing Mounted Units. 25% faster to build than the Temple it replaces, and lowers the cost of purchasing Military Land Units with :c5gold: Gold by -5% (to a maximum of -25%)
UU: Kreistruppen (replaces Pikeman)
The Kreistruppen retains its +50% bonus against Mounted Units throughout its upgrade path, despite counting as a Mounted Unit itself, rather differently to the Pikeman it replaces. It also differs in that it has a base :c5moves: Movement of 4 and the unique promotion "Simplum", allowing it to heal 1 additional HP per turn for each City under Franconian control. Requires Horses and upgrades to Cavalry rather than Lancers.

---

This is another little alternate-history kind of Civ, imagining a Franconian-controlled HRE rather than the Austrianised one we actually got. Let's run with it! =]

Leader-Zumbi
UA-Triangular trade: Gain culture from the amount of nations currently bordering all territories you own.
Can buy foreign units with culture points.

UI-Macoco (replaces fort) Can earn Great General points Alongside the Forts regular abilities.
Takes slightly longer to make.

UU-Quilombo (replaces crossbowman) Slightly weaker than the Crossbowman. Has the Unique "copoeira promotion", which allows it to upgrade into a stronger gun version of itself after killing an enemy gunpowder unit. Upgrades into a riffleman if upgraded into its gun form.

Alternate UI-Mocambos (replaces customs house) Is made by great generals instead of great merchants. provides +2 production and culture.

This is My first time thinking of a custom Civilization. feel free to use and modify as long as i get credit . :)

Funny you mention that since it's been requested a few times already, here and here for example.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who'd like to see this civ come to fruition. :)

I just feel That South America gets very little love, And whatever it does recive are Modernish nations or ancient native American empires that lasted for centuries. I felt a small and unnoticed nation deserved some attention and this one seemed rather easy to make and looked like a fun Defensive/Culture booming nation.

It wasn't really a republic, it was more of a dictatorship. Its story has been elevated into one of a fight for liberty (it really wasn't) thanks to republican propaganda following the fall of the empire.

Leader: Hank Hill

Capital: Arlen

UA- Propane and Propane Accessories: Each city receives one sorce of Propane (and alternative to oil) after researching Biology. Cannot make settlers, but can annex cities desiring Propane and Propane accessories.

UU-Propane Infintry: weaker than regular unit, but has the unique "cleaner burn" promotion which gives enemy units -3 health points for 3 turns.

Unique national wonder-Strickland Propane:produces double quantity pf propane that you currently own and generates +10% tourism. Doesn't replace any base national wonder.

In an alternate reality whete the republic of texas still exists, the Propane rebellion sparks after Texas Bans usage of Propane and Propane accessories. Oh Hank Hill, your obsession has entertained generations to this very day. Can you fight back the anti-propane opressors? Can you build an Empire that stands for only the cleanist emission fuel?

Yeah me too. Also, how's the fallout and Yucatan civs going?

I think Yucatan is going to completion if Luegi have enough time and Bhutan have models and art, but I would suggest it need a lot of LUA

Top Bottom