JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Also Indochina could probably be counted under De Gaulle (not his presidency in the Fifth Republic, but he was the de facto head of state after the Liberation). Same with most of the French colonies actually.

Not really - at least, not an easier way, which would be to go through every modinfo file and see if there's a reference to CulDiv or not.
Still having the Issue. I have noticed in some mods they reference Cultural Diversity and others reference JFD's Cultural Diversity. Would that cause the issue?

I'm rather surprised you haven't made a Justinian the Great civ, considering just how significant his reign was. Do you have any plans in the future for a civ based on him?

He will be made by DJSH, I believe.

Still having the Issue. I have noticed in some mods they reference Cultural Diversity and others reference JFD's Cultural Diversity. Would that cause the issue?

Hm, I don't remember what the issue was, and searching for it... well...

I'm rather surprised you haven't made a Justinian the Great civ, considering just how significant his reign was. Do you have any plans in the future for a civ based on him?

I'm not that enamored with Byzantium, tbh. Alexios was only done for the scenario's sake, or some such. Significant it may be, but boring - to me - too.

Glorious Spain civilization led by my namesake coming!

Also, good luck trying to grab that last bit of Patagonia... :D

Henry the Navigator would be neat - a regular Science-Exploration civ - but things are too slow for everyone to be wanting to do new civs.

You saw nothing :mischief: Orpichniki! Take him to the Dungeon of Grand Prince Viregel*

*Viregel has spent so much time in Our dungeon, that We've named it in his honour.

'Tis sadly not quite:

Spoiler :

Hnnnnnng... need Wilhelmina Netherlands... Manuel Portugal... Someone France...

Apparently - better update!

When you say Manuel of Portugal, do you mean Manuel II?

Make an Antarctica civ!

...I have a city list and color scheme and everything all mapped out in Google Earth. I even somehow managed to make almost every city representing a different country's outpost there!

I still don't get why so many people want Justinian. You do realize Theodora's right there, right? She literally ruled at the exact same time as him? Being his co-regent and wife? So in essence "Justinian's Byzantium" is the exact same Byzantium that already exists in the base game? Like that's what I feel a civ is ideally supposed to be, with alt leaders involved, a depiction of the place in question, usually vaguely aligned with an era, utilizing a leader most iconic and influential during that era or something

I dunno. It's gonna be hard to fill up Africa in JFDland.

Africa shouldn't be too hard, having Victoria, de Gaulle and Mussolini fills up most of it. Just need to maybe rework Germany into a German Empire civ, then have Portugal and Leopold's Belgium and it's pretty much done.

Africa shouldn't be too hard, having Victoria, de Gaulle and Mussolini fills up most of it. Just need to maybe rework Germany into a German Empire civ, then have Portugal and Leopold's Belgium and it's pretty much done.

Liberia stronk!

I'm curious as to whether Leopold will be leading a Belgium civ proper, or a Congo Free State one. I guess it wouldn't really make much difference either way.

Given the fact that JFD has done Tojo, and so most likely should have most of Indonesia coloured in on the map, the one major area left to cover is South America - which I'm pretty sure JFD hasn't announced any plans for.

It's possible I guess. I personally think he was talking about Manuel I but Manuel II would fit as well. Zantonius Hamm has announced that he intends to do Manuel II's Portugal, but I'm assuming it's a long way off.

I meant I, as II didn't rule over the empire; though II is the kind of ruler I like the most - like Nicholas or Cixi. 'Course, I was just lamenting about the map - I wouldn't seriously do a civ just to colour it in.

Liberia stronk!

I'm curious as to whether Leopold will be leading a Belgium civ proper, or a Congo Free State one. I guess it wouldn't really make much difference either way.

Given the fact that JFD has done Tojo, and so most likely should have most of Indonesia coloured in on the map, the one major area left to cover is South America - which I'm pretty sure JFD hasn't announced any plans for.

Good point. Will have to fix the map.

Leopold would be leading Belgium; design would be more focused on his public works in Belgium, fueled by colonial exploits. Albert's plantation thing would possibly be affixed to the end of the Leopold UA - adjusted a little - but I wouldn't remove anything from Albert. Someone made that abundantly clear :p

Liberia's no problem as obviously once I release Putin it'll cover the entire map - including Antarctica. And Mars.

Albert is perfection.

If you develop Manuel I would you also use Maria I right? She is one of the worst leaders given historically performance IMO but would give some interesting Port/Duoro/18th century Portugal.

Manuel I is the best choice for Portugal given that his political/economic/expansionist actions are the ones given to maria (naus, fetorias, gold from trade), specially when talking about the viceroyalty of india in the early 1500s. Although he was not that of a king in my personal judgement. João II was, as stated by many, perhaps the best portuguese leader ever. And also had Naus and Feitorias. and the mare claustrum is something he worked up.

But I undertsand the wonder of Manuel I, besides the fact that his policies ultimately led to the desintegrtion of the empire and of the so called portuguese golden age.

Sorry about the history lesson. Just remembering last semester's studies in History of Portuguese Expansion where I developed like 1000 ideas for civ for each portuguese king to bring down Maria's reign. :mischief:

Is there a planned fix to the severely broken Novgorodian trait? I'm sure you know by now that at a point in the game, you can't declare war on them, regardless of how many/few Trade Route connections there are between you. It's barely playable as it is now, and that's a shame considering the highly original ideas behind the civ.

Top Bottom