Civilization 5 Promotions - Complete list

wait you said logistics require targeting III which is for naval units but in the 2k 2 hour live video greg got it with a trebuchet ?

wait you said logistics require targeting III which is for naval units but in the 2k 2 hour live video greg got it with a trebuchet ?

I think the list means the Logistics requires

Accuracy III OR Barrage III OR Targeting III OR Bombardment III

Some clarification would be helpful.

I think the list means the Logistics requires

Accuracy III OR Barrage III OR Targeting III OR Bombardment III

Some clarification would be helpful.

ok that would make sense. but an extra attack just from from choosing three of the promotions that actually help you seem a bit much doesn't it?

Good stuff.

I assume none of the promotions has 2 or more prerequisites. (doesnt count, that something III requires something II and something I. what i mean, to get something III requires something II and something else II)

Air sweep is a mission! I imagine its an agressive version of interception where you actively try to shoot down any air unit which is 'defending' an area. Lovely. Confused as to what movement does for an air unit. Number of missions that can be done per turn? Makes sortie seem underpowered.

I would imagine mobility would be a upgrade unqiue to helicopters.

Can someone provide any clarification if the commas mean AND or OR? For example:
Ambush I- +25% combat strenth vs. armored units, requires Shock II, Drill II

Does Ambush I require Shock 2 and Drill 2 or just one of the two? I know there was a little conjecture on this, but I would like to know more concretely.

Thanks

Mobility probably changes how many Times you can rebase in a single turn. (since each time it is limited to your range)

Has this been confirmed (that rebase is limited to range), I don't remember that being a restriction in 4.
If true it will severely hamper getting air support to a beachhead on a distant continent.

I'm glad to see that the bonuses from Social Policies, Wonders, etc. that effect units will show up as promotions, it makes it much easier to keep track of. :)

Has this been confirmed (that rebase is limited to range), I don't remember that being a restriction in 4.
If true it will severely hamper getting air support to a beachhead on a distant continent.

I believe so, but that makes carriers more important then.

I believe so, but that makes carriers more important then.

But then why still limit carrier capacity to three? That always bothered me with Civ IV. With only three fighters on a carrier you need two carries to be of any real impact. You need at least one fighter for intercepting if the other guy has flight, and with the intercept limits in Civ 5 you may even need two to adequately defend your valuable carrier. With even only one fighter defending after one round of assault you will probably want to have one fighter healing so that only leaves one free fighter. I really wish they would bump up the capacity to at least five to give carriers the proper power they posses in reality.

Well they can carry bombers.

I don't think they can. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that carrier capacity is three fighters. Plus it wouldn't make sense for carriers to carry bombers.

Can someone provide any clarification if the commas mean AND or OR? For example:
Ambush I- +25% combat strenth vs. armored units, requires Shock II, Drill II

Does Ambush I require Shock 2 and Drill 2 or just one of the two? I know there was a little conjecture on this, but I would like to know more concretely.

Thanks

It means or.

Movement does not equal range, and besides that, fighters will probably only have 1 movement like in civ 4, enough to activate one rebase, or one mission, mobility is for helicopters, who act more like a land unit.

I don't think they can. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that carrier capacity is three fighters. Plus it wouldn't make sense for carriers to carry bombers.

They said that carriers offer space for 3 aircraft, It's possible that bombers can't go on carriers, but don't count on it, nothing has been confirmed.

Since when? Land units could get mobility in Civ 4 as well.

The mobility promotion from civ4 was only for land units iirc but it had a different function than that described above (-1 terrain movement cost). The mobility promotion in Civ5 seems to work like the Navigation promotion in Civ4. Of course, it could go on land units, I just meant to point out that it's probably wrongly listed among air promotions or goes onto both air and naval units

because we already knew some of the pre-reqs and they were or, it matches up, just missing the or. (although because he didn't state them, i can't rule out the possibility of a couple of ands in there.)

I was more going by the lines that some upgrades required ranged-only and melee-only upgrades, and were obviously meant for both.

+1 movement is an interesting example. It obviously helps out melee more, and requires 3 melee upgrades unlike only 2 ranged upgrades.

Curious to see how widely spread the ranged promotions are split. I have a feeling this is going to show the raw power of ranged units and how disgustingly over-powered a global ranged combat buff would have been.

Top Bottom