Tomatekh's New Civilizations

Is there a way to have both Xia and Shang in a game? (Battle of Mingtiao)
Edit: Also, why does Wu Zetian change to Tang but not Wu Zhou?

-No, they're just alternate UAs of one another.
-Because having two dynasties in the list named Zhou would needlessly complicate the progression, so it's better for gameplay to just subsume her into the larger Tang period that she was a part of.

Posting Lua log of Xia. Still facing that no settler start problem

http://pastebin.com/6tbnA4tE

I'm pretty sure it's a mod conflict somewhere, though I can't say which mod.

The Civ That Was Promised!

At least I think that's what's next.

It should be the next new civ, yes, but I won't discount some updates in the interim if art becomes available.

Speaking of updates, I've been going through a few of my civs to update their mod compatibility stuff. These should largely be finished in a few days.

When I play as Xia it doesn't change dynasties when i complete a policy tree or when i build a courthouse in another civ's original capital, what am i doing wrong?

It should be the next new civ, yes, but I won't discount some updates in the interim if art becomes available.

Yeah, I figured some updates might be on the way first. But I'm really looking forward to The Civ That Was Promised, so time to drum up some hype!

Stop trying to make fetch Greece Split Zimbabwe happen. It's not going to happen.

(Though if it were Zimbabwe, I'd be really excited about that too).

I do have to wonder if the lua is loading in your case. An easy way to check, is the first city you settle named Yangcheng or Erlitou?
It's called Yangcheng. Does that mean the lua is loading or not? I'm also using infoaddict and enhanced user interface, so do either of them conflict with xia? THe dynasty still changes when i lose my capital though.

WHen I played xia today, it changed dynasties when a policy tree was filled, but it still didn't change when i built a courthouse in a foreign capital. weird.

Are you using any mods that have a custom DLL?

Specifically it would be one whose DLL was never updated after the last patch to include the new lua hooks like CityConstructed.

Not that i know of, im only using infoaddict and enhanced user interface

Xia are an absoultey brilliant civ Tomatekh, though by now, that's hardly a surprise. :goodjob:

Gotta say, the Xia have this glorious way of convincing me to be even more violent than normal...

Though process: Should I go after my eras-long ally right next door? :confused:
Good angel: Nay, for they hath been stalwart allies these many generations.
Bad angel: But, but, the dynasty bonuses... :devil:

Awesome mod! Would it be possible to make the Dynastic Cycle ability the default for Wu's China?

Awesome mod! Would it be possible to make the Dynastic Cycle ability the default for Wu's China?

It would be easier to change the uniques and leader of Xia to the Paper Maker, Cho Ko Nu, and Wu (and disable default China) than it would be to port the ability into the vanilla game.

Speaking of Xia, I should have its first update ready in a couple of days. It should fix a few bugs people have been reporting.

It would be easier to change the uniques and leader of Xia to the Paper Maker, Cho Ko Nu, and Wu (and disable default China) than it would be to port the ability into the vanilla game.

Speaking of Xia, I should have its first update ready in a couple of days. It should fix a few bugs people have been reporting.

I have one more in case it hasn't been reported yet - the diplomacy music for the Xia ends with a couple seconds of some guy talking. I couldn't make it out, but it still seems like the music should be cut a couple seconds earlier.

I have one more in case it hasn't been reported yet - the diplomacy music for the Xia ends with a couple seconds of some guy talking. I couldn't make it out, but it still seems like the music should be cut a couple seconds earlier.

Which track? I had edited them with audacity, but maybe I forgot to save the edited one into the modbuddy project.

Peacetime, I believe.

Top Bottom