More Civilisations

Wait - I just got an idea - why not include both icons in the file in such a way that the user can choose which one they have by changing the number in the Civilizations XML file? As long as the alpha and colour icons are in the same place within the atlases it'll be fine
Sounds good, although I believe the Medici Crest in Florentine colors wins as the default icon (I vote for that icon in those colors).

I look forward to that leaderscreen Luegi!

Right, so assignments are nearing their end, and come July I should be able to spend a lot more time on this project. We've got a big pile-up of civs to work on, so expect big things to come. I'm thinking first up will be a BNW-focused civ or two, then maybe the Ayyubids or India's revamp, but that all depends on which UA we can get working first.

To the Lua experts among you, any idea how we could give a permanent yield change to a building that's built in a golden age?

Tibet should be a DLC, of these reasons;
They are now adding civs that are very unusual, not the run of the mill vanilla types like Germany, China, and Russia. With additions like Polynesia and Venice or the Shoeshone we see a willingness to be unorthodox.
Tibet could offer the first (aside form the Carthaginans) civ that takes advantage of mountains. Turning them into more than just a hassle or strategic chokepoint.
Leader; Songtsen Gampo

UA: Transcending Oppression; All All annexed or puppet Tibetan cities provide 2x the Unhappiness, until the Tibetan capital is captured. Resists cultural influence of other civs by half.

UU: Lama; A Tibetan missionary that may spread religion three times, or he may move onto a mountain tile and found a Mountain Monastery.

UB: Mountain Monastery; a building that may only be built on mountain tiles and produces faith, culture, and tourism.

Tibet should be a DLC, of these reasons;
They are now adding civs that are very unusual, not the run of the mill vanilla types like Germany, China, and Russia. With additions like Polynesia and Venice or the Shoeshone we see a willingness to be unorthodox.
Tibet could offer the first (aside form the Carthaginans) civ that takes advantage of mountains. Turning them into more than just a hassle or strategic chokepoint.
Leader; Songtsen Gampo

UA: Transcending Oppression; All All annexed or puppet Tibetan cities provide 2x the Unhappiness, until the Tibetan capital is captured. Resists cultural influence of other civs by half.

UU: Lama; A Tibetan missionary that may spread religion three times, or he may move onto a mountain tile and found a Mountain Monastery.

UB: Mountain Monastery; a building that may only be built on mountain tiles and produces faith, culture, and tourism.

I like the idea of resisting cultural influence, as it makes use of the new mechanics BNW entails... However, two things about the uniques. There's sadly no way of making overrides of Faith units like the Missionary, unless they fix it in BNW there would be no way of doing that. And the problem with the Monastery is that it cuold be considered a penalty as you will only be able of using your building on certain conditions. (Perhaps, if it required hills but has bigger bonuses on mountains)

Lovely map, though I'm guessing we're using your (assassin) lorenzo then :p

Lovely map, though I'm guessing we're using your (assassin) lorenzo then :p

We're including both, although I'm not sure which is the default (I just used mine here as I already had a template for it).

That tuscany is simply awsom. When will we be able to play it?

Not until BNW is released at least. Our current idea for UA and UB utilises Great Works.

We're including both, although I'm not sure which is the default (I just used mine here as I already had a template for it).

Yeah, was just kidding :p...

Still, I'm truly expecting the Tuscany, might be really interesting :goodjob:

Nice. I don't know your idea for the trait, but there is also an interesting "gold from social policies" trait here in a couple of civs (Kievan Rus and Anno Domini's Armenia if i'm not mistaken). It would be interesting to see x% of gold converted into science or tourism (or both), like a patronage caractheristic of that region in renaissance. The bonus with great works could fit very well into a unique building. Just an idea. Probably you will find better ways to work with this.

Nice. I don't know your idea for the trait, but there is also an interesting "gold from social policies" trait here in a couple of civs (Khazar and Anno Domini's Armenia if i'm not mistaken).

That's Tomatekh's Kievan Rus' trait which was then adapted into those other mods.

It would be interesting to see x% of gold converted into science or tourism (or both), like a patronage caractheristic of that region in renaissance. The bonus with great works could fit very well into a unique building. Just an idea. Probably you will find better ways to work with this.

Actually, if there was some way to implement the Civ IV slider system (which is similar to what you're describing), for an individual civ, that would make an amazing ability.

Guys, I'm gathering references for the icons for Maratha units. I had some trouble deciding which of those I should use. For example, the Rajput musketman could use this excellent armour and armament (16th century, so Mughal rule though): http://topicstock.pantip.com/library/topicstock/2010/12/K10000646/K10000646-31.jpg , or be a generic Hindu soldier more akin to 18th century: http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1102/tipur.jpg (bottom left or bottom right).

For the chakram warrior, I think I could use Sikh soldiers wearing those turbans: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bd/Sikhs_with_chakrams.jpg http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f7/Akali_Turban_with_quoits.JPG

What are your thoughts on that?

I'd agree with the plain Hindu soldier (Although the other one could be good for another civ in the future), and I'm pretty sure the first one for the Chakram is the same one we're using for the model reference, so that's probably the best one to use

Top Bottom