Additional Civilizations (by DJSHenninger)

I'm rather autonomous anyway. If I joined a team, I wouldn't feel like it's my work. My "skills" aren't really needed anyway: I can only do .xml and the only art piece I actually made out of nothing is the Alcazaba icon. The real artists like Sukritact or Janboruta are better and already involved.

I just assumed it was Krajzen attempting a compliment. Like, "these civs are good enough to be part of Colonialist Legacies" sort of thing.

If you are looking for a better name for the Serbian UA I could recommend:
"Samo sloga spašava Srbe" (Only unity saves Serbs).
The Serbian flag has 4 C's in it's shield near the eagle, well those C's are actually S' in the Cyrillic alphabet and stand for the motto I wrote. Although it doesn't really fit the actual ability.

I considered that myself - though in truth I only know it from Oancitizen's review of A Serbian Film - but, like you said, it doesn't really mesh that well with the UA. An interesting UA that uses that might be:-

UA: Samo Sloga Spasava Srbe
Gain +5% :c5production: Production in the Capital each time you Annex an enemy City (only applies once per city). Courthouses generate +2 additional :c5happy: Happiness if a unit is garrisoned in that city.

Of course, that's only me throwing ideas around. =]

I won't change the UA now :p But you can interpret 'unity' in different ways. Economic unity.. cultural unity? Hmh, or simply a cooperation between Serbs. I wouldn't say that it totally doesn't fit the UA. I may consider that, thanks :) Perhaps I can find something else myself, although I won't look now, too busy with school.

For the Moldavia civ (which would be better called Moldova), I would rather name the UU: Plăieș instead of „lefegiu” (plural „lefegii”). Most Romanian and Moldovan schoolkids learning literature know about „plăieși” from the novels they have to read in school, and even I, a native speaker, had to google „lefegii” to find out what it means.

As for the Romania civ, if I had to pick a dominant historical trait of Romanians, I would say it's the ability to maintain a unique (latin) cultural identity in spite of being conquered by barbarians and foreign empires throughout history. Maybe something like UA: Trajan's Enduring Bloodline. This fits a UA with cultural bonus, for example gain X culture for every one of your cities that your enemies conquered when you reconquer them. It also fits well with Mihai Viteazul as leader, he is considered to be the first to unify all Romanian speakers under a single banner for the first time after the Romans.

I would also choose another UB instead of the Fortified Church, those were mostly built by the German Saxons that used to live in Transylvania. Maybe a Brâncovenesc style Monastery would be more appropriate, with the relevant culture bonuses.

Additionally, there is always room for a Transylvanian Saxon civ. Maybe with some Settler bonus, as well as the Fortified Church and the current UA of Romania.

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

That civilization is based on the Principality of Moldavia, not so much modern Moldova. It may be Moldova in Romanian, but every civilization name in Civ V is in English, so I need to stick with that.

As for the plăieși, can you provide some info or do you think the Lefegii are the same? Can't find anything about plăieși.

As for Romania, I currently can't do .lua and I doubt that trait's effectiveness. Especially with BNW, as I believe civilizations are less likely to declare war on you, which I immediately noticed.. Unless it's Mr. Attila you're dealing with, lol.

As for the Fortified church, I can understand, but the Brâncovenesc style Monastery is already used by my Wallachia mod currently not listed here as I need to update it to my new standards before I post it here. I was considering a Transylvanian mod, perhaps I will make one with Gabriel Bethlen as the leader (and the Fortified Church UB). How about you get me a fancy UU? ^^
Instead of the Fortified Chuch, how about the Wooden Churches of Maramureș? That was my alternative choice. Tell me what you think.

With Serbia mod, I can't do anything with Kefalija! When I build a mine with worker and go on that mine with Kefalija, I don't have any options with him. How do I upgrade that field?

With Serbia mod, I can't do anything with Kefalija! When I build a mine with worker and go on that mine with Kefalija, I don't have any options with him. How do I upgrade that field?

I'm going to test it again immediately. Make sure you have the Brave New World expansion.

Okay, just gave it a go and it worked. I honestly don't know why it wouldn't work. Perhaps it's a mod conflict. Is there any mod you're using that adds some kind of mine improvement to the game? Could use the same xml code.

It's simple: get a worker, make it construct a mine. Finish the mine. Go on that mine with the Kefalija and an option should pop up in a similar way you can choose to build an improvement with a worker.

Or, perhaps, it was a mine that improves a resource I forgot to add?

I am playing with Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (Giant Earth), and nothing again. I have iron, silver and gold mines and Kefalija can't do anything with them.

I am playing with Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (Giant Earth), and nothing again. I have iron, silver and gold mines and Kefalija can't do anything with them.

Can you improve a regular mine, then?
Also, try to play with Serbia on an official map and see what happens.

Tried again, It works with resources as well. I have no other explanation.

I don't know why Cordoba doesn't work for me :/ It doesn't show up! What's next, anyway? Have you considered some of the other European countries that always get forgotten like Belgium or Iceland?

I don't know why Cordoba doesn't work for me :/ It doesn't show up! What's next, anyway? Have you considered some of the other European countries that always get forgotten like Belgium or Iceland?

Hi, that's unfortunate. I assume that you have BNW? Lol. It should work just fine.. I'm afraid I don't have any suggestion for you. Perhaps you can find a thread that discusses why some modded civs don't show up. Or it's a strange mod conflict, I don't know.

As for my future civs:

- I'm currently updating Vietnam. After that Just updated Vietnam. I will update SFR Yugoslavia, Kingdom of Yugoslavia, Argentina and I think I'll just ditch Venezuela. I don't really like that one.
- Planned civilizations: Romania (as listed), Transylvania, Macedonia and perhaps Bosnia to stay in line with my Balkan civilizations.
- Somewhere in between I will try to update Gk and Vanilla versions. Should be easy enough xD Just realized that all my GK/Vanilla mods are corrupted due to a transfer from one computer to another. Even stranger, all the BNW mods were fine. This means it won't be that easy..

If you need help with my country I can help with art and ideas.
I already did some stuff for Hiram's Bosnia.

Nice, thanks, although I still need to start with Bosnia. Current ideas for uniques/leader:

Leader: Tvrtko I or Ban Kulin
UB/UI: Stećak

Perhaps another UB would be better since Hiram's Bosnia uses the Stécak already. I also need some kind of unit. Any ideas for uniques would be appreciated :)

Nice, thanks, although I still need to start with Bosnia. Current ideas for uniques/leader:

Leader: Tvrtko I or Ban Kulin
UB/UI: Stećak

Perhaps another UB would be better since Hiram's Bosnia uses the Stécak already. I also need some kind of unit. Any ideas for uniques would be appreciated :)

We didn't have much of a military in the Middle Ages so the possible number of uniques is rather low. If you don't want the Krstjan like Hiram, I could recommend something like Bogumil or Djed as a Great Prophet replacement.

Leader-wise Ban Kulin could work for a Diplomatic styled UA, because of this.

As for the UB, the Stećak is by far the most obvious and iconic "Building" here.
If you have the necessary graphics you could use them as a UI.
Something like the Stonehenge model could be useful.
(See http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=524152 )

We didn't have much of a military in the Middle Ages so the possible number of uniques is rather low. If you don't want the Krstjan like Hiram, I could recommend something like Bogumil or Djed as a Great Prophet replacement.

Leader-wise Ban Kulin could work for a Diplomatic styled UA, because of this.

As for the UB, the Stećak is by far the most obvious and iconic "Building" here.
If you have the necessary graphics you could use them as a UI.
Something like the Stonehenge model could be useful.
(See http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=524152 )

Interesting! That information is helpful, spares me the time looking for a good unique :p I'll contact you whenever I need some help or advice ^^

Kefalija doesn't work only on Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack!

Patches are excellent! great job!

Wow! Wow! Wow! Fantastic work friend.

Btw, you picked Tigranes II the Great as the leader of Armenia but added Cilician Armenian UU, this sounds little bit odd to me. Armenians during Tigranes era were famous with their Cataphracts. Just a suggestion :)

Btw, I want to try Azerbaijan so badly, Ashik looks great :D I love traditional Azeri songs and Ashiks were/are really inspiring people.

Btw, to people who don't know what Ashik is; They are doing what Homer did, they tell and sing heroic songs and they are really badass.

Top Bottom