Light In The East: Civs Of The Orient(And Beyond)

If nobody else wants to take it on, I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Great civs ideas!
I always wanted Sri-Lanka and Laos, and the Safavids are also very good!
I saw in the civs' color schemes thread that you're working on Turkey with Greater Europe. Can you give information about them?

Could you link me to that thread?

Is there any particular reason why the Safavid map shows Persia controlling the Trucial gulf? AFAIK she made attempts to control the region but it never really materialised. I'm not criticising, you could very well be correct, I've just never seen anything that would point to any form of Persian control there.

I think I read somewhere that some Persian dynasty, at least, was able to establish control over there for a while.

The Sassanids did, but that hardly counts, and I think the Seljuks held Oman but never Ahsaa or Bahrain. Either way, its a Safavid civ, not a Persian one :p

Oh yeah, so they did, thanks! I clearly need to read a bit more about the history of my own country!

Please be Yemen!

Oh yes, that'd be goood. Can't think of many others it could be if we're talking Arabic civs though... Sharifate of Mecca is hardly the most exciting, Oman has been done, could be Bahrain though.
EDIT: A joke you say? pls Lawrence of Arabia civ

That's because it is beyond earthy. Colours need to be changed to avoid an overlap with Brasilia and Polystralia though ;)

Top Bottom