GPuzzle's Civs

I'll try to get around releasing Gravity Falls this week, but my finger's broken and my greatgrandmother's just died, so coding is a bit harder and I have to go to a funeral tommorrow.
The list of planned Civs:

- Gravity Falls (collab with David Xanatos) - Gold and Tourism

- Rio Grande - Military and Culture

- Oyo Empire - WLKTD and Military

- Seven Provinces of the Netherlands - Military and Gold

- Revolutionary Ireland - Growth and Culture with a hint of Military

Yeah, that's pretty much as it stands. Gonna fine-tune the designs, get the files up, that sort of stuff, before I can release them.

So, decided to post a quick Seven Provinces of the Netherlands design, thought you guys would enjoy:

UA: Eendracht Maakt Krach: Units gain Gold and Golden Age points from kills. During War, Gold gifts to City-States are twice as effective and Sea Trade Routes generate +8 Gold.

UU: Waardgelder: Musketman replacement. May pillage for free, gain double gold upon capturing
cities and pillaging tiles, when purchased may move immediately, purchasing cost is cheaper.

UU: Vlieboot: Caravel replacement. When garrisoned in a city, Siege Weapon and Naval Unit production is increased by 15% - doubled if the city's adjacent to a river.

I'm not too big a fan of the UA. The Golden Age thing is just randomly there and +8 gold from trade routes during war is oddly specific. I do like the double influence from gifts though.

Waardgelder is basically a Landsknecht which is kind of lame.

Vlieboot is my favorite part of this design. The production bonuses are cool and the river part is a nice touch.

Hmmmm... Maybe change the "during war" to "during golden ages"...
Also, the UU looks like it should replace Landsknecht, rather than musketaman.

The UU has all the abilities of a Landsknetch, on a Musketman!

As for the UA, I'm sort of stuck right now when it comes to it.

Oh boy, you make one design that (besides the UA which I'm trying to iron it out) is historically accurate but slightly boring and people complain. Make a fun but slightly inaccurate one and people complain. I think I should stop asking for feedback.

You should know, it'd probably make more sense to revise William...
(Also, the UUs oils be a landsknecht replacement)

I think it's gotten to a point where the Dutch are just a priority to me - I love the time just after early colonialism, because there was just so much crazy stuff happening.

Plus I'm trying to find a decent design that's not OP and feels good.

UA: Eendracht Maakt Kracht: Gain Gold and Golden Age points from building units or expanding into Sea or Ocean tiles. During Golden Ages, a City with a Garrison produces +2 Culture, and Sea Trade Routes generate +4 extra Gold.

UU: Waardgelder: Musketman replacement. May be bought for a much cheaper price. If garrisoned in a city, the city recieves +6 HP and +25 City Defense, and Sea Resources in the city provide +1 Production and +1 Gold.

UU: Vlieboot: Caravel replacement. If garrisoned in a city, the production of Naval and Siege Units increases by 15% - doubled if the city is adjacent to a river.

I see the garrison synergy there, but every component involves being garrisoned which is kind of repetitive. I think the Waardgelder could get something else like "When capturing a city, gain GA Points equal to the amount of gold gained" or something like that. It would be really effective when capturing naval cities since you'll be getting GA points from gaining that cities sea and ocean tiles too, kind of like JFD's Tojo.

Is William going to be changed too btw?

Actually, the one I should drop is in the UA because it was thrown in for synergy, while the Waardgelder recieved the bonus for quite literally being paid to protect a city, and the Vlieboot were made because they were big enough to survive well in the sea and small enough to drive through the rivers in the Low Countries. I'll probably drop it.

As for William, he'll recieve an interesting bonus: +1 Trade Route for every Luxury Resource you are trading away the last copy, and the Sea Beggars will recieve bonus EXP after being built for every Trade Route you have active.

Oh, I like this UA much better now, though I'll second that maybe you've got too much Garrison focus, I'd remove it from the UA.

Also, I presume you meant Coast and Ocean tiles, right? Could it be possible to make them cheaper to purchase?

I don't think them specifically. You can get all tiles but then it overlaps with America.

I think that making border expand or be purchased 50% cheaper during Golden Ages in the UA rather than bonuses on City Strength for garrisoning units wouldn't be too bad. Maybe get the percentages better and it could be great.

I think that making border expand or be purchased 50% cheaper during Golden Ages in the UA rather than bonuses on City Strength for garrisoning units wouldn't be too bad. Maybe get the percentages better and it could be great.

Yeah, I think that would be a good change. I actually like the rest of the design, it's interesting to see a Garrison focus - particularly in the case of a civ that seems to incentivise garrisoning melee units. The proposed change for William seems nice as well.

- Revolutionary Ireland - Growth and Culture with a hint of Military

Consider me hyped, sir.

Yup! You're right to assume that!

I'm trying to get the last pieces of code for other people that I need (Nix, David Xanatos and now ryanjames) before travelling for like three weeks where I'll mostly contribute to designs.

Israel:

UA: Chesed and Gevurah: +10% Science from Military Buildings. +15% Combat Strength while in Friendly Lands.

UU: JIDF: Infantry replacement. +25% Combat Strength while defending.

UB: Iron Dome: Arsenal replacement. +1 Science from every 2 Citiziens.

I find Israel pretty interesting, so I thought I'd throw out a quick design for a Modern Israel. It goes without saying that Natan should be interested.

Hm... What if the Iron Dome replaced Military Base instead but it added Science in a manner related to the combat capacity of the city?

Top Bottom