8.3x Bugs Thread

Sephi

Deity
Please only post bugs in this thread. If necessary add a savegame so I can deal with whatever bugs are left in wildmana. If you encounter a python exception, please post a screenshot or the line of the file where the error is.

Please only post bugs with a game where you used patch 8.30 (or 8.31, 8.32 etc.)

ToDo:
City of Thousand Slums doesn't update possible working plots for city (they can be selected via city interface though similar to plots belonging to another city)
Some leaders are reported to switch religions too often
Revolution Text needs to be added for Houses other than Ghallanda

Early in the first test, but it appears that my worker has "order" issues.
The "skip turn" icon indicator is permanently on. If I give the build road order, he will build the road, the go into automatic skip turn mode. Same with irrigate, as soon as the initial command order is completed, he goes into a stasis.

Also it appears, he is disabled from going into two tiles of terrain. At this point, I would have to assume it is relevant to smoke and heat (caused by nearby Earth Elementals). Other units can enter these tiles, but not my worker.

This "statis" effect occurs even during a step by step movement phase. If I command the worker to move one tile only (no movement penalty), it will not recognize it has a second movement point available, and go into statis.

Edit 1: Now this worker unit, can not enter a city to escape an attack by marauders. This is a different city then the area mentioned above, there are no elementals for that assumed effet.

Hello,

Got a python exception while generating map with ErebusContinent.

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "ErebusContinent", line 5304, in addBonuses

File "ErebusContinent", line 6416, in AddBonuses

File "ErebusContinent", line 6495, in AddBonusType

ValueError:  bad index shuffling plot list randIndex=8562 listLength=8562, mapSize=10240
ERR: Python function addBonuses failed, module ErebusContinent

1)
the sidar worldspell now needs an update in the help txt and in the pedia entry.

I suggest for the help to just add: It will hide your cities
And for the pedia entry just copy the text from the hide city spell pedia entry.

2)
There is an event where you discover a shrine of caanulos of war, if you destroy the shrine a demon is spawned. This demon is missing its button art (pink)

Should Austrin shore parties be able to gain experience? I sent an Explorer 'round the coast, spawned a shore party, and explored a village. Given the shore party is going to die/expire the next turn and won't have a chance to use the experience, seems like getting experience should be inapplicable outcome for the unit...

EDIT: See attached save, repeatable crash upon loading (great game with the Sheam bursting over my borders with limitless $#(&*$(*&) pyre zombies... Windows 7 x64, latest 8.30 patch installed that I just downloaded earlier this evening...

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0160.CivBeyondSwordSave
    325.2 KB · Views: 70
Erebus Continent : Briggit spawned at turn 0 without the Ring of Carcer.

Free Turn 1 Briggit for Illians, yeah :)

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_AD-0001.CivBeyondSwordSave
    124.2 KB · Views: 61
playing as the sidar i noticed that i have two version of commando promotion available when leveling up. when i pick one the other disappears.

1)
the sidar worldspell now needs an update in the help txt and in the pedia entry.

And for the pedia entry just copy the text from the hide city spell pedia entry.

@ Sephi, Im working on this one.

Playing 8.30 Couple of cosmetic items.
I've mentioned this in an earlier patch but the Slavery splash screen shown when a Barbarian civ gets the Slavery civic in the first or second turn has a broken text link for the description. It also played the Spock "arrow returns" audio quote when presented. Maybe this is intentional, it was fascinating, but didn't seem relevent.

Also, the pop-up bubbles with pointers that show enemy sightings... the goblin archer one shows as a human priest (?) instead of a goblin.

Playing 8.30 Couple of cosmetic items.
I've mentioned this in an earlier patch but the Slavery splash screen shown when a Barbarian civ gets the Slavery civic in the first or second turn has a broken text link for the description. It also played the Spock "arrow returns" audio quote when presented. Maybe this is intentional, it was fascinating, but didn't seem relevent.

Also, the pop-up bubbles with pointers that show enemy sightings... the goblin archer one shows as a human priest (?) instead of a goblin.

Working on the Slavery Quote Issue still - thanks for the reminder

Edit1: Finally found the problem. Should be fixed next version.

TXT_KEY_SPELL_THE_JOINING is missing (from the unit sorah)

1)

Tesb,

Help file fixed

What is the name of the "hide city" spell????, looked through the pedia and didnt spot it.

CIV4GameText_FFH2.xml

TXT_KEY_SPELL_INTO_THE_MIST_HELP

edit: misread you sorry:

TXT_KEY_SPELL_HIDE_CITY_PEDIA

in CIV4.WildmanaNew.xml

1)

Tesb,

you said to copy the pedia entry from the hide city spell?

Into the Mist is the world spell

what is the hide city spell you are referring to above??

I cant copy from it, if I cant find it..... haha

CIV4GameText_FFH2.xml

TXT_KEY_SPELL_INTO_THE_MIST_HELP

edit: misread you sorry:

TXT_KEY_SPELL_HIDE_CITY_PEDIA

in CIV4.WildmanaNew.xml

Ok found it. What was throwing me off is there is no "Hide City" Spell in the civlopedia.

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_SPELL_INTO_THE_MIST_HELP</Tag>
<English>[ICON_BULLET]All of your units become invisible</English>
<French>[ICON_BULLET]Toutes vos unités deviennent invisibles</French>
<German>[ICON_BULLET]All eure Einheiten werden unsichtbar</German>
<Italian>[ICON_BULLET]All of your units become invisible</Italian>
<Spanish>[ICON_BULLET]All of your units become invisible</Spanish>
</TEXT>

This needs an additional sentence that the spell also hides all your cities.

Into the mist has no pedia entry as of yet, so i suggest creating one and add parts of the description from TXT_KEY_SPELL_HIDE_CITY_PEDIA into it.

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_SPELL_INTO_THE_MIST_HELP</Tag>
<English>[ICON_BULLET]All of your units become invisible</English>
<French>[ICON_BULLET]Toutes vos unités deviennent invisibles</French>
<German>[ICON_BULLET]All eure Einheiten werden unsichtbar</German>
<Italian>[ICON_BULLET]All of your units become invisible</Italian>
<Spanish>[ICON_BULLET]All of your units become invisible</Spanish>
</TEXT>

This need an additional sentence that the spell also hides all your cities.

DONE

Into the mist has no pedia entry as of yet, so i suggest creating one and add parts of the description from TXT_KEY_SPELL_HIDE_CITY_PEDIA into it.

DONE

read post below or above regarding Hide City spell

@ Sephi,

Here is the curent list of file tags I have ready for upload upon your approval.

Spoiler :
Files worked and ready to upload on SVN 213 pending approval:

ADDED TAGS:

1. FFH Wild Mana\Assets\XML\Text\CIV4WildmanaNewGW.xml

<Tag>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_HOUSE_GHALLANDA_STRATEGY</Tag>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_SPELL_INTO_THE_MIST_PEDIA</Tag>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_JOT_WORKER_STRATEGY</Tag>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_JOT_WORKER_HELP</Tag>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_JOT_SETTLER_STRATEGY</Tag>
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_UNIT_JOT_SETTLER_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_JOT_SETTLER_HELP</Tag>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_JOT_ADULT_STRATEGY</Tag>