Wildmana 9.0 beta

i answered some of those questions in the wildmana forum:

1) afaik there are no basic effects
2) not all of them, if it adds a promotion the effect is static i.e. unchanged by aura strenght
3) yes, similar to workable city tiles
4) both, depending on the aura
5) you mean the new captains? yes
6) i don't know
7) afaik only indirectly. i think if you focus on certain mana nodes it is more likely that the next research breakthrough will be of this kind of mana.

i am not so sure about some of those question, when in doubt wait for sephi to write his guide.

Sephi is crushing bugs at amazing pace, but the release is still not imminent. Not suprising as this adds/changes more things than any other wildmana update ever , easily.

there are still some changes coming with the spell system (besides polishing) also the faith system needs to be hooked up.

faith is capped at 40 points atm (got +2 per round but cant use them *smile*)
im excitet what comes from it ;)

But as im writing here, one question, how can i dispel a magic node at the moment? cant find the spell/entchant etc (was wondering about it - maybe i overlooked)

And i have to say it now feels nearly to Masters of magic with spell research and global entchants ;) YAY!!

Sephi you and your team rocks

Thanks to the FFH2 team and Sephi for this greate mod and Godmo.. ähh ModMod :)

Thank you.

on no you scared him away, now 9.0 will never be released :D

There are wrong explanations by mad faces in the city in my game: I have built vineyards, mines and cottages but mad faces "can't stand this treehugging anymore" or something like that.

"Anti-treehugging" are for lumbermills, I guess, but I have none.

we need "antiindustrial and antipolluting" mad crowd!

Exactly what's been bothering me! Except, tree-hugging is when you love trees and DON'T want to cut them down. So if you hate-tree hugging then lumber mill should make you happy. If you're a tree-hugger, then lumber mills should make you unhappy. Mining a treeless hill shouldn't affect you if you hate tree-huggers or if you are a tree-hugger because no trees would have been removed to build the mine.

>.<

Thank you Captain Obvious :).

I would think so... Which is why I'm confused as to how the most genius Stephi (or whomever came up with the idea) could make the mistake of improvements causing an unhappiness caused by "tree-hugging" when no tree-hugging took place....

Pah. I suppose I should let it rest now.

Edit: Sephi didn't do it. I knew it was too illogical to be Stephi's doing. :)

See here:

Sephi said:
the tree-hugging text is quite weird. I have no idea if that is a "BTS feature" or some modder put it in. Anyway, I have changed the txt key so something more fitting.

The Improvementsystem will see quite a few changes in the future, so if I explain something now it will be outdated soon :/

w00t! No more silly tree-hugging unhappiness thing!

Thanks Sephi. That will make me loads happier.

[to_xp]Gekko;9554332 said:
why do you keep calling him stephi? :lol:

I'm dyslexic and I read things wrong... I can't believe I always thought there was a letter 't' there and there wasn't... Wow. It's weird, but I really just miss and add letters and even scramble letters when I'm reading.

Doh!

Sorry Sephi!!

Is Sephi still taking people into his beta?

yes :) come in and suffer like the rest of us .... actually there is not much to suffer.

Suffer - in the beta there is no such thing as suffer:lol: It's really a lot of fun :lol: the bug's are being repaired at awesome speed, no early crashes, high stability (just in lategame it's repeatedly ctd'ing, but that's ok for beta) and although the AI is not yet very good in waging war/conquering cities against non AI player, it surprised me sometimes with it's cleverness. I love it. Thanks Sephi, tesb and all the others!!!

Greez,

Tschuggi

Just wondering if people are still being allowed into the beta, as the beta thread hasn't been updated for quite awhile.

Well, if you go to those forums, it seems the download link as well as suggestions for how to set up logging and whatnot for your computer are easily found. I recall posting in the long beta access related thread, unsure if I'd get an email or a PM or anything like that, maybe my forum permissions changed via some administrative action to see that hey, there's an obvious thread somewhere in there for getting the beta, patches, etc.

Top Bottom