Patch 8.34

Azoth

Inscrutable
Hey. I just discovered this Mod. Looks amazing!
I'm looking for Wildmana "Revolutions" patch 8.34. (I know MoM 9.0 was just released but I'm waiting for the January balance patch.)
Anyway, the link in the Download thread leads nowhere.
Is 8.34 no longer available for download?

Well, MoM 1.0 is on the whole more balanced than 8.34. There were month of beta testing. The magic system for example is by far more balanced. There are still issues which will be adressed in future patches, but with about 30 unique civilizations there will always be issues...

Well, MoM 1.0 is on the whole more balanced than 8.34.
I'm sure it is.
It's just that, coming from Vanilla FFH2, WildMana 8.x feels like a more polished version of the same mod, with a better AI, more balanced civics, more challenging barbarians, etc. MoM feels like a whole new game, with new magic, faith, and tile improvement mechanisms. And I'm too lazy to put in the time (lots of trial and error, I expect) to get comfortable with them over Christmas. :p
But, fair enough, I'll give it another shot.

I understand that, but having multile versions and patches around would have confused some people.

I'm sure it is.
It's just that, coming from Vanilla FFH2, WildMana 8.x feels like a more polished version of the same mod, with a better AI, more balanced civics, more challenging barbarians, etc. MoM feels like a whole new game, with new magic, faith, and tile improvement mechanisms. And I'm too lazy to put in the time (lots of trial and error, I expect) to get comfortable with them over Christmas. :p
But, fair enough, I'll give it another shot.

Give it a try. There is lots of new stuff, but it is intuitive and you get used to it after a while. And it is quite balanced and, most important argument, it is so much fun to play. Best mod(mod) available!!!

Give it a try. There is lots of new stuff, but it is intuitive and you get used to it after a while. And it is quite balanced and, most important argument, it is so much fun to play. Best mod(mod) available!!!

and if you call now, you can have this product for free. That's right!!! FREE!!!!!! :eek:

Putting up the old version -would- be nice though, for those that prefer it. I've tried the old Wild Mana and the new one, and they do play very differently. The new one is much harder, and more geared towards micromanagement. It plays like a different game; and I think is geared towards more "professional" players who find other mods to be too easy, and have an extremely high attention span, even compared to your average Civ player.

The old version, by contrast, felt like a really, really polished version of Fall Farther with a bunch of extra features. Both are nice in their own way, and both have their own ups and downs. But each would appeal to a different style of player.

What was amazing in both versions was the level of polish that went into them. I'm sure crashes happen to players, I mean, thats the name of the game, but in no version of WM/MoM have I ever personally had a WM/MoM game crash, and I have never noticed an overt game bug.

what micromanagement do you encounter? Do you find the game too hard? What makes it so difficult for you?

I think especially the magic system removes a lot of micromanagement.

I only can compare RifE to MoM and I dont think that the new Magic system realy reduce the time I need per turn for Magic Reasons.
In RifE I usualy mostly use the Adept and Mages for Teraforming and in MoM this kind of micromanagment was reduced.
In MoM I have to move my Adepts around to keep the Units Buffed that need the buffs at most compared to RifE where I have the Adepts stationed at the City I use to produce the Units.
In Mom I also have to check a extra Screen now and then for Hostile Enchantments and the Research of the Magic Spells need extra time.

Is there no place to get patch 8.34 though?

I've been playing MOM, but still slightly prefer the old version of wildmana.

A friend of mine and I would like to play both Master of Mana AND Wild Mana. They are effectively 2 different games and play differently. We both just upgraded to Windows 87 but he thinks he has the files still.

Well, MoM 1.0 is on the whole more balanced than 8.34. There were month of beta testing. The magic system for example is by far more balanced. There are still issues which will be adressed in future patches, but with about 30 unique civilizations there will always be issues...

I just wanna say that Wildmana and MoM are for me 2 different games.

So Sephi can understand us when we say that we want play wildmana even if we believe that u 're doing great things with MoM.

So finally can u reaccess a link to the patch 8.34 for wildmana.

The freedom to play what we want.

Thanks sephi u're doing a great job.

you'll have to trust us on that one.

of course, there's still the possibility that your computer will blow up in your face...

but no, it's actually 8.34.

Top Bottom