[Civ 5 World Builder] - Starting locations changing in a scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawelo

Emperor
Hey everyone,

Either it's a bug or my ignorance, however the starting locations of Civs I have set up in the World Builder don't remain the same when I start the scenario.

Here is the map.
To reproduce - Setup the game, Choose the map with Advanced options, check Load Scenario box and select any Civ. My three trials as Siam have never started on the selected starting location, each of the three times being a different location.

Please find the map enclosed and confirm if it's a bug or me missing something.
Thanks.

PS. As .civ5map type isn't recognized, please rename the file pawelo.txt in pawelo.civ5map

Am I the only one to whom it happens ?

Isn't it scenario design breaking issue ????:confused:

Thanks for following this one up

You're not the only one. Happens to me too.

i wonder if it is a WB save issue or some kind of dificulty with the main game in reading the WB saves beyond the terrain types... both would explain it.

No, the wb saves are fine, or the settings wouldn't be loaded in the worldbuilder itself. The game just appears to ignore them. (Same with a lot of other settings; giving policy/techs to specific civs doesn't appear to be working either.

Make sure you set up a game from the mod menu (from main menu... Mods->Single Player->Set up game).

For reasons unknown to most of us, scenario settings only work if you go through the mod menu (even if you have no mods installed or enabled).

I've started a game as a mod, but the scenario settings still weren't applied to the game.

I've started a game as a mod, but the scenario settings still weren't applied to the game.

You also need to select your saved scenario in the map-type drop-down list, and tick the "Load Scenario" checkbox under this drop-list (only available from the "basic" game setup screen, you cannot select this checkbox from the advanced setup screen) - and all of this needs to be done from within the mod-menu single player game.

If all of the above is true, and it's still not working, then there's an issue with the scenario itself - as every single scenario I've created, which is a large number, has worked great, so long as I follow the above rather silly set of requirements to load the scenario.

You also need to select your saved scenario in the map-type drop-down list, and tick the "Load Scenario" checkbox under this drop-list (only available from the "basic" game setup screen, you cannot select this checkbox from the advanced setup screen) - and all of this needs to be done from within the mod-menu single player game.

If all of the above is true, and it's still not working, then there's an issue with the scenario itself - as every single scenario I've created, which is a large number, has worked great, so long as I follow the above rather silly set of requirements to load the scenario.

I see. Ok, so that works, but any units/techs/policies I give to specific civs at the start do not show up in the scenario.

I see. Ok, so that works, but any units/techs/policies I give to specific civs at the start do not show up in the scenario.

Probably an issue with the scenario itself then - I've created huge scenarios with sprawling empires full of cities (with various buildings in), different starting techs, large unit armies, and it's always worked fine - just so long as I loaded it via the mod menu, and ticked "Load Scenario" checkbox. Only letting you know this so you might find a solution (otherwise you might think it was simply broken for everyone and give in with it!). Can't give you any more suggestions above what I've already given to get it working though, but if you wanted to send me a test scenario to try out myself (to see if it's an error with the scenario, or an error with the way you're loading the scenario), I wouldn't mind doing that for you.

I'm having this same issue. I set up a Siam player and an Egyptian player on an Archipelago map, added 2 Egyptian cities, a catapult and warriors for the Siamese. Whenever I load up the game via "Mods" and click "Load Scenario" I get a different starting area.

Why on earth is this happening, and how can I find a manual/something or other that tells me how to use the thing in the first place? XD

Probably an issue with the scenario itself then - I've created huge scenarios with sprawling empires full of cities (with various buildings in), different starting techs, large unit armies, and it's always worked fine - just so long as I loaded it via the mod menu, and ticked "Load Scenario" checkbox. Only letting you know this so you might find a solution (otherwise you might think it was simply broken for everyone and give in with it!). Can't give you any more suggestions above what I've already given to get it working though, but if you wanted to send me a test scenario to try out myself (to see if it's an error with the scenario, or an error with the way you're loading the scenario), I wouldn't mind doing that for you.

Thanks.. It works now, for some reason.

It's not in-game, it's a separate program you have to download from Steam. You also have to edit a file to enable it. Forget which one specifically.

I don't even have the option to access Worldbuilder, either in-game or from the main menu. What am I missing?

Hi, i just saw your post and i couldn't help but create an account and help you. Sorry if this is a bit random.

If you are playing on steam, go to your library option (top middle) on steam, hover your mouse, select games. Then select civ 5 from the left menu. Then hover your mouse over library again (while you are on your civ 5 page) and select tools. To download the map maker, download something called " Sid Meier's Civilisation V SDK " (without quotes). IDK what the specs are, but once downloaded, a desktop shortcut should appear, where you can create mods and maps and browse other ppls work (I think).
Thanks. :):D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom