Provide PolyCast With Feedback on 2015 Season

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Episode recording frequency? Balance of Civilization: Beyond Earth, Civilization V and Civilization series in general coverage? Favourite regular co-host? These are a few of the ten questions being asked of the 2015 PolyCast (PC) audience as its ninth season nears its conclusion.

To provide your input on/by December 26th, 2015, follow the link below:

http://thepolycast.net/polycastsurvey

Recording live every other Saturday, PolyCast has been renewed for a 28 episode ninth season in 2016. The show's first episode recording in the new year, live, is set for January 9th starting at 12PM ET North America (timezone converter).

Stopped filling out that survey halfway through, nor do I listen regularly to really answer much of it. But, I did listen to a few episodes and the level of random banter to interesting content is just too high.

Y'all sound like a bunch of friends shooting the :) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :) and that's just not engaging without also telling me things I care about. Sorry if this comes off as harsh, but I really wanted to enjoy PolyCast but couldn't.

Stopped filling out that survey halfway through, nor do I listen regularly to really answer much of it. But, I did listen to a few episodes and the level of random banter to interesting content is just too high.

Y'all sound like a bunch of friends shooting the :) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :) and that's just not engaging without also telling me things I care about. Sorry if this comes off as harsh, but I really wanted to enjoy PolyCast but couldn't.
You have told us more than you perhaps realize with your comment above. First, you cite "interesting content" which is then but into the understandable context of that which you "care about". I also take it that you listened to a few episodes in their entirety. The least amount of banter is apt to be found within the segments detailed in an episode's show notes -- the intros/outros typically contain the greatest portions of banter, save any blooper reel at the end just before the credits. My one suggestion would be to try this approach across a few other episodes even if this were to only confirm your present view.

Though it could go without saying given my role on PolyCast, I will say anyway that I respectfully disagree that that there is too much banter and not enough content on the show. Certainly, both elements are part of the show and that is purposeful. We recognize that not everyone, including but not limited to Civilization players, are interested in podcasts or if so necessarily podcasts that combine entertainment with information. There are even tastes of entertainment and preferences for information. If we try to please everyone than we will please no one, including ourselves. This is sounding like one of those instances where we will likely have to agree to disagree. (Yes, pun intended as if there was any doubt. :D)

Top Bottom