Why no PSP version?

1. God of War: Chains of Olympus
2. Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
3. Jeanne d'Arc
4. Patapon
5. Daxter

1. Already has rumors of being revamped for the PS2, but I don't care about the God of War series anyway
2. I want this game, but am awaiting it on my PS2...otherwise I'll get it when a PSP isn't 170 bucks for a single game
3. From what I recall, it was a great game but sold poorly
4. Same here
5. I don't remember sales figures, so this one might have sold well.

The point is that there's a severe lack of good titles for the PSP because all the ones that are good, either don't sell or eventually get put on the PS2 as well(for cheaper and with added stuff).

So you came up with 5 games...two will likely hit the PS2, two didn't sell, and I don't recall if the last sold well. Now compare that to the dozens of games for the DS that have sold multimillions of copies, and to the fact that a touch screen that is ideal to strategy games and an install base 3x larger(and cheaper to develop for) than the PSP, and you have your answer as to why the PSP will not be getting a CivRev version.

Oh fine . . . I didn't want to bust out the trump card but . . .

Monster Hunter Freedom 2

No offense Thrallia, but your knowledge on PSP games is a little lacking(which is fine). I do agree with you though that the DS is a better handheld than the PSP for civ. There arent enough buttons (or screenspace) for Civ on the PSP. I would LOVE to have it on PSP, but it just wouldn't be up to par.

I just wanted to post some info(not sure how credible this site is though)
For PSP:
http://vgchartz.com/games/index.php...loper=&publisher=&genre=&keyword=&order=Sales

For DS:
http://vgchartz.com/games/index.php...loper=&publisher=&genre=&keyword=&order=Sales

DS has a clear sales lead (Nitendogs *puke* ) but the PSP isn't quite as bad as others may claim to be.

You guys keep talking about "games" that the systems have out.. I'm sure they look more at the amount of systems out there. In that instance, there are WAY more DS systems then PSP.. So if you sell a game to 25% of the people that have the systems, then you sell way more to the DS crowd. It has a larger base of people.. Thus higher chance of making more sales..

Honestly, a lot of the arguments against the PSP here seem to be more out of anti-PSP/anti-Sony biases than solid reasonings. The PSP itself as a system has done remarkably well. Just today, Famitsu reported that PSP sales have surpasses the DS in Japan this year - and yeah, the DS definitely is still in the lead, but considering the monopoly that Nintendo has enjoyed since... well.... for a very long time, to not just survive but to prosper and make a dent in the handheld industry is definitely considered a success for Sony.

At the same time, the DS and PSP are pretty different systems (just like the Wii and PS3 can be considered rather different, both in style, audience, etc.) - if you're not a fan of the PSP, well... to each their own. I own both and definitely enjoy both - although I use them in different ways and for different games.

That being said, back to the original issue - despite the simplification of the game, the controls are still fairly complex (in respect to its use of several buttons). The PSP would suffer trying to catch all of that. The DS, with it's touchscreen opens the door for flexibility in controls. Either way, I definitely would pick up the game if it was out for the PSP.

Top Bottom