Dwarf Fortress

Sorry to double post but I just got 21 immigrants. Is this a normal amount? I had the rooms for 14 new people built minus beds and doors then this happens. It should be an interesting year.

The more the merrier. Good time to draft some soldiers. You'll need them later.

I think I did something wrong with the traps as well. Do the stone fall traps not work on there own? I noticed thieves breaking in and it hit me. Maybe I need these traps on pressure plates or something. But would that make my dwarves die?

Dwarves don't set off traps, neither do thieves. The thieves also pick locked doors and are only spotted by an adjacent unit. If you have a wide entrance into your fortress and few dwares walking around the thieves will get in unnoticed. A few dogs and a meeting place set close to the entrance should keep the thieves out. If you spot a thief, draft the nearest dwarf for a short while so he will twist the kobolds nose to the back of it's neck. Traps are useful against agressive wild animals and goblins.

I had to surround my trade depot with weapon traps because the stupid rhesus macaques kept stealing stuff from there.

I finally am catching up in beds for the new arrivals. Building some room that will be luxury suites now under the main living sections. Found some moss opal and platinum. But I don't have a forge yet.

Well anyway, the lag is gone. CFC fortress anyone?

[Edit] Hehee, funny. When I posted the link and downloaded it, it WAS still v0.27.169.33b

I'm waiting until it's "stable" I think. I don't really feel like putting the tiem in right now since I basically have to reelarn half of what I know.

Once you get passed the "how the hell do I dig" stage it's pretty much the same game. The region/world/local map is new, but it's fairly simple to learn.

I have a natural cave that house's a clan of kobolds in it. Pretty interesting.

From devlog.

Made veins and other rock types collapse downward properly, added a skeletal flag for certain parts that skeletons would want, stopped siege operators from firing at hidden units, stopped unchained dwarves from using beds in jails, fixed problem with cursor on military screen, stopped mandaters from bringing trade goods to depot, fixed icon for blinking trees with fallen leaves, stopped nobles from caring about the rooms of other dwarves if they don't require that room, resolved recover wounded/justice conflict, added note for deceased criminals, stopped self-punishment in justice, fixed various problems with movement involving chains, fixed problem with currency screen lumping together all metal types, made caravans bring proper animals following trade agreements, fixed problem causing trade animals to have trade flags prematurely removed

Fixed problem with meeting queue skipping, fixed problem with noble queue and complaints, fixed problem with moods involving glass and rough gems, cleaned out demands/mandates when a mayor loses re-election, extended account exemption to leader/sheriff, fixed tile for dead trees being chopped down, made lava warm diagonal squares, fixed more fallowing problems, stopped flashing ramp designations from giving away hidden locations, fixed some job issues with the manager screen, added missing woodworker title, removed ambush state for creatures caught in cage traps, fixed typo in art element descriptions

stopped self-punishment in justice

:lol: No matter what the dwarves alwasy find some suicidal or mashichistic way to harm themselves.

I had a dwarf fail a Strange mood and go insane.. only to throw a party a minute later. Tragically.. he ended up drowning himself.

My captain of the guard got evicted. Somehow I couldn't assign a bedroom to him anymore thereon.

He can sleep in the barracks, but he is understandably upset since the rentable rooms and barracks do not fullfill his requirements. He does still have his assigned throne room and dining room.

I haven't tried any seeds with the newest version yet, but I still have a few good ones generated with the previous one.

My current fortress is a 5x5 mountain area, high cliffs, layer of limestone and a magma vent.

Excess metal production. I had to cease the magnetite smelting because my stores were full of the stuff. At one point there were over 400 bars of iron and 250 bars of steel.

There was also "uninvited guest" dragon. It blew up my trade depot, injured the baron consort and chew up one of my speardwarves before the rest of my military arrived to the scene. The dragon skull totem is worth over a 1000¤

Actually the seed worked, I jsut selected the wrong world. I dug down a few levels annd struck gold! I also find it funny that my volcano or magma vent thingy goes up to the surface, but it's top is in a cave and has a layer of soil for a roof. (Fairly flat region and my dwarves started on the highest level they could, which isn't very high, and the aquafers are shallow and there's lots of oick below them.)

Top Bottom