Who's pre-orderd Civ Rev

Who's pre-orderd Civ Rev?:)

In case your wondering I have pre-orderd the 360 version.

Me from Amazon.co.uk

Pre-ordering baffles me.

Why not just walk into a Game Crazy, Game Stop, Target, Best Buy, etc. on release day, and buy the game?

Because I am lazy and dislike stores of any type. It's easier to just have it delivered to my front door.

I did not pre-order CivRev. I was going to but it came down to either CivRev or Metal Gear Solid 4. Seeing as how MGS4 was one of the big reasons I got a PS3 it won out. Though hopefully I'll have enough spare change to pick up CivRev soon after it comes out.

I go to the store only to buy groceries (to eat) and on occassion to peruse the fine females. Though when you pick up women at a grocery store they tend to have alot of baggage (like kids) so I go like once a month when absolutely necessary. I get my toothpaste, shampoo, soap, deaordorant and all other essential personal hygiene products when I go for food.

Far as clothes and everything else is concerned it's generally more economical (with gas prices as they are) and more convenient to buy online. Almost all the clothes I wear have to be bought from Big and Tall (I'm a freaking giant man) so I just do the majority of all other shopping online. It's just easier and I don't have to put up with screaming babies and snotty little kids.

On a side note you can buy groceries online now, but it is pretty expensive to do if you ask me.

No pre-order here. I fully expect being able to walk in and purchase a copy when I want. And, if I have to, I'll take out any 10 y/o in my way. :yup:

i pre ordered it from play.com too and got £10 off just found out the release dates been put as june the 13th now wow who would have thought of releasing it on Friday The 13th just hope its not a Bad day!

hell yeah baby!! did it today for the DS.

i reserved a DS copy at gamestop

Pre-ordering baffles me.

Why not just walk into a Game Crazy, Game Stop, Target, Best Buy, etc. on release day, and buy the game?

Because no one goes to Target or Walmart to buy games if they can help it, Game Crazy and Game Stop sometimes either don't get copies of a game past the number of preorders(or pretend they didn't in order to get you to preorder it the next time), and because it a game is big enough, unless you preorder it you'll be hard-pressed to find a copy of it anywhere(Smash Brothers, Mario Kart, Halo, GTA4 are some recent examples)

I'm not preordering because I work at the store I'll be buying it at(although if we don't get it on time, as sometimes happens, I'll have to scout out my nearest Best Buy...)

Why preorderintg ? :)

I'll go out and buy a DS copy as soon as I find out it's worthy of being purchased.

But I'm expecting a buggy game that you won't be able to patch.

I'll go out and buy a DS copy as soon as I find out it's worthy of being purchased.

But I'm expecting a buggy game that you won't be able to patch.

I'm somewhat worried about this as well for the DS version. I know little about XB360s and PS3s, but I'd think Firaxis could patch them on the HD. ???

DS copy preordered. Since I work and have to make a major detour to visit a gamestore walking in on the day of release isn't an option for me, since they also often don't have the game on day of release or its sold out when I do manage to drop by. Got tired of that long ago and its generally cheaper to order it online and have it delivered on day of release or sometimes even a day earlier. So far only had two titles that were late. One two days and one a full week (that was painful :) )

Would also have gone for the Wii, but :( Hopefully it sell well and they'll do a Wii version. :goodjob:

Top Bottom