Banished - town building colonization survival game

by the way: Why are the settlers banished?
Will you be trying to establish a colony made up out of criminals or religious nutcases?
There isn't any back story. I think the game is just called that because you are running a village that's by itself.

A new post about the UI. Not much info to be honest but there is one section I was interested in.

Scenarios are just one type of way to play the game. There’s also sand-box mode, with or without user defined goals, user selection of map sizes, difficulty, and terrain type. There are also plenty of achievements being added that players can work toward. I’m also trying to figure out details for a few tutorial scenarios that will introduce the game to new players.

My bold.

Original post is here.

I missed the previous DD. It was about seasonal effects. This game is looking really pretty. Can't believe its all one guy. Post is here.

This game is shaping up to be awesome. Has he given an ETA on a release, or Alpha/Beta?

It says on his site that he hopes to release in mid to late 2013! I would guess it won't be for at least a couple of month min as he still seems to tweaking features (alpha stage stuff) but is also doing the beta polish!

This guy is relentless!

He's been working on the here.

Also I read on the Paradox forums that they asked if the dev was interested in joining them but he never replied.

Here he's talking about the menu. Makes some good points about how annoying it is to wait for stupid menu graphics to do there thing. This game seems in good hands!

This guy is amazing. Can't wait for him to finish.

I've been quietly watching this thread since it was posted. That link about the menu is just... wow. Awesome idea and awesome execution. I am very interested in this project.

I've been quietly watching this thread since it was posted. That link about the menu is just... wow. Awesome idea and awesome execution. I am very interested in this project.

Same here, and I am really liking the idea of a low-tech survivalist SimCity with a bit of backstory to it.

Count me in the will-try-when-available camp.

I know he's not putting in combat right away but I think the game could benifit from it. I don't mean go attack other settlements and steal their food(which would be neat) I prefer to be on the other side and have to defend against raiders.

I think it's a good thing he's restricting his focus to the city-building aspect, at least for the core game. Hostile nomads could be a good idea to build an expansion around.

Yeah combat is a definite expansion possibility. It would need to togglable IMO.

Something about this game makes me think of Settlers of Catan.

I know he's not putting in combat right away but I think the game could benifit from it. I don't mean go attack other settlements and steal their food(which would be neat) I prefer to be on the other side and have to defend against raiders.

Or, to be more realistic, steal their women and drive the enemies before them.

This just keeps getting better and better. I can't even begin to describe my excitement.

Top Bottom