The Bavaria Castle

Cyc

Looking for the door...

WELCOME TO THE PALETTE
Bavaria Castle is proud to present the Grand Opening of the Palette, Fanatika’s return to fine dining. This magnificent Castle is home to not only the Palette, but as you noticed as you enter the front doors, the foyer and the large room behind it that bends to the right holds the very first displays of the Fanatika National Art Museum. But more on that later…

As you can see from the menu, we serve many earthly delights, prepared for you just the way you like it. You can’t go wrong eating at the Palette. As the name implies, we offer an array of foods that are yours to blend and mix and create your perfect meal.

If you follow me to the Main Hall, you’ll see the dining area with enough comfortable tables to seat around 30 guests. These tables surround the circular stage that will used to present you with a variety of entertainment while you eat. As this is the Grand Opening of the Palette, we have one of our local artists [turned alchemist] demonstrating the new arts of fireworks, brought from abroad. Watch as the colors soar into the air and disappear, all for your amusement.

Choose a table, browse the menu, and order to your hearts content. The foods on the table [vegetables, breads, sauces…] are there for you to enjoy with the dish that you choose. All dishes are 50 gold. All drinks are extra [please see the wine list or bar menu]. Enjoy your meal and the show.

Please, if you haven't already, take a stroll through the Fanatika National Art Museum and enjoy the works done by our fellow countrymen. It's a bit of an honor system. If you come to enjoy a meal at the Palette, you get to enjoy the Museum. If you come to enjoy the Museum, we trust you will be staying for dinner and a show. As mentioned before, the dinner and show will cost you 50 gold. Thank you for coming.

Welcome to the Fanatika National Art Museum. We are proud to be located in the Bavaria Castle. It is an honor to be here and appropriate that the Castle representing our fine capital city should house our first national museum.

As you take a look past the foyer, you'll notice our wall hangings are well lit by the small candles behind painted glass. Please don't touch the candle holders as they do get hot.

Again, welcome and enjoy the art of local artists as well as future works of those from foreign lands. We work on an honor system here. :) If you've come to enjoy a meal at the Pelette, please take a relaxing walk through the Gallery. If you've come to see the Art Museum, please stay and have a meal, as the Palette supports the Museum with contributions that ensure we will be able to keep our doors open. Thank you.

Ladies and Gentleman, this post is to present a Presidential address recognizing Fanatika's first National Museum. The President has toured the Museum, shaken hands with Cyc, curator of the Art Museum, and now approaches the podium.

President Eklektikos:
As President of Fanatika I am extremely pleased to witness the opening of this fine new cultural institution - the Fanatikan National Art Museum. Already it is beginning to fill with pieces of great beauty, and I look forward to seeing many new works extolling the glory of Empire and honouring the achievements of our many talented citizens. May our mighty nation survive and prosper long into the future so that we may see every last wall covered with more such fine art!

The crowd cheers as the President waves his hands and is guided back into the Bavaria Castle, where he will enjoy once again, the very first meal of Fanatika's fine dining experience.

ANOTHER VICTORY PARTY!!!

The Japanese Incursion may be coming to a close soon, and we'd like to announce a 2nd Victory Party for our troops coming home. We haven't worked up the details yet, but they are sure to be coming along soon. Let's see what happens with the Peace Negotiations.

As our first exhibit, we would like to present subjects dealing with thoughts of a higher plane. This exhibit was inspired when reading a post written by an enlightened friend, just before he set out on a long journey. This exhibit is dedicated to Disorganizer and is entitled Theurgy.

Yes, Sir Octavian X. The Palette is the new fine dining establishment in Fanatika. The restaraunt and the museum both occupy space within the Bavaria Castle. We're paying this artist aclchemist through the nose (or something like that), so I'll go see if I can break loose the log that has the creek stopped up again. We'll get this mill machinery working yet...

This post is not part of the Fanatika National Art Museum, but is a tribute to Ryan Bliss, who's work has graced the pages of the Demogame.

Digital Blasphemy

Our first work in the Theurgy exhibit is one of my favorites. For me it holds that sense of awe. Where one might go to commune with the powers that be...

I have just completed a tour of the gallery and must say that I am very impressed. You have a fine collection of works here. I think I shall make this a regular stop on my southern travels.

I see that there are American influences on your menu. I'll spare you the question about buffalos with wings. ;) As a matter of fact I aquired quite a taste for them in my dealings with the American Ambassador during my tenure as President. I've developed a sauce that you may have some success with. It's simple but exceptionally tasty. Take 1 part chipotle pepper sauce, 1 part jalapeno pepper sauce, 1 part chili pepper sauce and 2 parts cheyenne pepper sauce. This makes a fairly hot overall sauce but the flavor is equisite. To make the sauce milder, add the juice of a quarter lemon and let it sit for 24 hours. For the love of all that is holy, do not add butter. That is an offense against all that is good and spicy.

If the kitchen is open, I'd like to try your salmon sausages. I'll also take a Riot to wash them down.

Thank you, Lord Shaitan. We are honored that you have chosen to come to the Bavaria Castle. I will be in attendance at the Marrillion for the games soon.

* Cyc places the plate of Salmon Sausages and a Riot Beer in front of Shaitan. *

I had the "alchemist" start up his show when I saw you come in. It's quite impressive. He's very talented.

As for your recipe, I will give it a try, but I fear we will be turning the Bavaria into a dragon's lair and will be battling dragon's breath inside the Palette :). Seriously, though I'll see if we can have some made up for your Banquet on Thursday.

We shall have meals for 12 in your Hall and of course put up the half beef over coals at the Tourney grounds. Game Hens, Venison, Beef, Salmon and Shark from the North, and of course fresh Penguin will all be served for our contestants. It should be a grand event.

About the menus...due to time constraints, we used the menus from the Cattleman Smokehouse and put a new heading on them. New menus and a wine list should be out soon.

Enjoy your snack Lord Shaitan. I know you must be busy with the tourney.

Alas, I liked the old Smokehouse better. It may take some time to get used to it.

As long as I am in Bavaria for business, I must try the filet mignon.
I would have eaten at the Marillion, but I felt I just had to see this new castle. It is beautiful (though not rivaling the Augusta Palace :D)

Greetings, Sir Octavian X. I'll get started on your filet right away. What would you like to drink? Good thing I beat you here, huh? :D

What a fine establishment this is! If the food is as good as the rest of the place is then I shall have to make the trip to Bavaria more often!

That smoked penguin sounds tasty but I'll go with the grilled chicken tonight. Mixed green salad, potatoes and rolls! Hmmmm. Sounds great. Some good wine with that my good man!

Ah, donsig! Welcome, my friend to the Palette. Thank you for the compliment. We have worked hard to bring this place up from our humble beginings.

Good choice with the grilled chicken. It's been marinated and seasoned to perfection. I was just checking on it and my mouth began to water. For a glass of wine I shall bring some of the our finest Chardonnay or would you prefer the Cabernet Sauvignon that you like so well?

I will try the Chardonnay.

I was thinking that Lord Shaitan's recipe has an Aztec twinge to it. Perhaps you should consider combining it with the American items on your menu. ;)

The first work in the Theurgy exhibit is stunning. Those trees remind me of the ones we have near Palanthus. The south is so great. It's nice to visit Bavaria again but I love the sunny, warm south.

Mmmm. Good choice. This will go well with your meal.

* Cyc pours a tall slender glass of golden wine for donsig.*

Yes, the work of art you speak of is entitled thetis moon. I have found other pieces that remind me of the beaches of your area. Maybe some will find there way into the Museum. I'm glad you've found your home in the south, although we miss your presence here in the capital city area.

*Cyc brings out donsig's meal and watches as his eyes widen and he licks his lips. *

Enjoy my friend. All that you need is on the table. I shall return.

* Cyc brings out Octavian X's filet mignon. a perfectly char-broiled piece of meat, with a slight sizzle to it and criss-cross marks from the grill. *

Here you go, Sir. Enjoy. Have you decided what you wish to drink with that?

Top Bottom