Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Leoreth

Blue Period
This is the general discussion thread for Dawn of Civ. You can discuss recent changes to the mod (available through Git), as well as anything not better suited for one of the other threads here.

As for the new Git Update Log thread: please add hashes to the posts when you push, this way we can use past versions.

I recommend using the commit log to revert to old commits (it's the easiest option in Tortoise anyway), but sure.

Is Polynesia player-only as well? It doesn't seem to show up in my 3000 BC games.

(What's the point of player-only anyhow? Isn't part of the fun playing civilizations differently than its AI would have?)

I think the point is mostly playing them. AI Polynesia has little interaction with other civs anyway, so making them behave believably is wasted effort.

I think the point is mostly playing them. AI Polynesia has little interaction with other civs anyway, so making them behave believably is wasted effort.

It's also part of the fun to explore and meet the world after discovering optics. Even if you don't want to spend time making Polynesia behave the way you'd like, the option should be available. I'd say this for Harappa as well.

(Also, I noticed something. The German unit graphics aren't actually German. I don't know which civ they were made for, but they seem more suited to something like Hungary. Solution: replace all German pre-gunpowder units with Prussia's graphics. Its gunpowder and modern units could pass as Austrian.)

I think the mod is coming along really nice regarding happiness, and therefore also religions.

1. Theocracy/Org religion combo now really hurts happiness in those middle eastern cities.
2. The AI is an :) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :) when trading happiness resources. I actually need conquering for happiness now! :)
3. I am even thinking about building my first religious prosecutor

Rome is still over time OP, but they should be judged by UHV for humans and historicity for AI. And there it is ok.

It's also part of the fun to explore and meet the world after discovering optics. Even if you don't want to spend time making Polynesia behave the way you'd like, the option should be available. I'd say this for Harappa as well.
Well, no help for Polynesia means they will stay on their starting island for the entire game. Harappa is similar because the historical situation for them requires a collapse because anyone contacts them (except maybe Babylonia). As is, their presence would have negative ripple effects on the other civs in the region.

Note that what you request is already possible: Harappa and Polynesia appearance is just as configurable as Poland, Tibet etc. are. It's just that the default value is never.

(Also, I noticed something. The German unit graphics aren't actually German. I don't know which civ they were made for, but they seem more suited to something like Hungary. Solution: replace all German pre-gunpowder units with Prussia's graphics. Its gunpowder and modern units could pass as Austrian.)
They look properly (south) Holy Roman Empire to me.

I think the mod is coming along really nice regarding happiness, and therefore also religions.
Good, that is exactly what I was aiming for. The AI is hard to get right and still might need some fine tuning.

There is no wiki page. The link redirects to the modmod page.
Which link?

How about now?

Thanks for reporting.

Let me use this opportunity to repeat that everyone is invited to contribute to the wiki!

They look properly (south) Holy Roman Empire to me.

You are crazy. :shake:

How could I manually do this?

Thanks for reporting.

Let me use this opportunity to repeat that everyone is invited to contribute to the wiki!

What wiki? I don't see anything in the DoC forum.

(I have a suspicion I'll feel very stupid after you answer.)

You are crazy. :shake:

How could I manually do this?
Go into the VD civ XML and give Holy Rome the German artstyle.

What wiki? I don't see anything in the DoC forum.

(I have a suspicion I'll feel very stupid after you answer.)
Read here.

Go into the VD civ XML and give Holy Rome the German artstyle.

But I like the post-medieval units (cavalry, riflemen, etc.), they could pass as Austrian.

Then you have to merge the art style def XML instead.

For everyone who ran into problems with file name length while installing Varietas Delectat: you can now also download the module as a ZIP file from here.

(Re)install DoC using the installer without selecting VD. Then unpack the Assets folder of the ZIP into your RFC Dawn of Civilization folder, integrating/overwriting everything.

It's paying off already.

Top Bottom