Welcome to Giant Earth Map (GEM)!

I need to know if is possible to chose random starting location? that would be interesting to play, lets say ragnar in australia lol

i think we need a up/down bar on the right side of the screen,like traiano's scenerio 1205AD.there are so many leaders in scenerio 1860AD and 1940AD that i cannot see some leaders on the table.
my english is not so good.hope you understand.

Have unrared the GEM folder I downloaded from the modpacks section on here to MODS in my steam apps beyond the sword folder, and to my documents and my games, both MODS folders.

But GEM doesn't load. GEM seems to appear in "Private Maps", what is this? I have Windows 7, 64 BIT.

Hello and thanks for the awesome mod+map.I ve started a game and i had one minor issue.
It is about the difficulty setting in 4000 bc start.

It has been asked before but it was not answeared.

So i started a 4000 bc game on emperor difficulty but the ai did not receive the free archers and the free techs that they receive on this difficulty.

I have 2 questions.

1) is there a way to make the ai start by default with the correct techs and units for the choosen dif setting

2) Assuming that there is no way for 1, if i start an emperor game and i mannually add the correct techs and units....will the ai at leat take the rest difficulty bonuses ( tech rate, prod rate free wins against barb, etc) or will i still play on (whats seems to be )noble game difficulty

Just started using the steam version due to Windows 10 not liking my disc but can't seem to get this map running.
Its in the correct steam folder - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV\Mods\
When I go to advances, Load a mod, its there. Says Civ mus restart - OK.
I have to start it as it doesn't restart itself and I cannot find this map. It doesn't show up in Single Player, Senarios or any of the Custom single games.
Am I missing something?

If you want to run mods you need to install Steam in a folder like c:\Steam and not c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam, as "c:\Program Files (x86)" folder has very high security restrictions see my thread in my sig for details,.

Can i use this map without the mod? I am only interested in the map itself as i already have a mod im working on, but not sure if it will work together.

@Genghis_Kai

First of all great map - I have often played it the size and number of civs always seems to create *just* the right balance for those world encompassing games.

That said - since I have played an "agresssive colonist" a fair number of times I have to ask concerning many of the islands and autralias coast appear to be mising the "coastline" tile and go direct from landmass to ocean - is this an oversight or intentional to limit the colonisaton of such?

Lastly, have you considered merging the Super Forts mod into the GEM? There are numerous times I woudl prefer to place such a fort to secure resources rather than attempt to build a city in an undesireable location - the 1 square islands are prime examples

This is a great map, but I think there are too many resources, for the sake of "realism", instead of going for playability.
For example here is a comparison between Japan in Earth18 and GEM.

Earth 18
Spoiler :
Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG

GEM
Spoiler :
Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG

Earth18 Japan is already a good start, but GEM takes it to another level. I haven't looked at all the start locations but a quick glance of the map in Worldbuilder and everywhere is loaded with resources.
I am playing my own version of the map on the LoR mod, with different leaders(unrestricted) and some different Civs.

Still enjoying this map (not as a mod). Currently I try to beat on deity/marathon as early as possible. Best finish date as Romans is 200 BC for Conquest victory :)

Top Bottom