AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

45°38'N-13°47'E;14407925 said:
Guys, I have very little time these days, but the problem with religions might be caused by barbarians getting there ahead of you. If they do, nobody founds that religion.

No problem! Now that you point that out, I remember you saying this before. Sorry for asking about it again. Thanks!

Not sure whether this is a bug: I can't seem to activate Stack Attack.

Before sending a stack of Artillery into battle, I opened the CivIV Options and checked Stack Attack. I don't normally have that option selected. However, when I directed the artillery stack to attack, one unit did as I commanded, and then... nothing. It seemed to completely ignore the Stack Attack option.

Exiting Civ and reloading the save shows the option still checked but still not functioning.

I didn't see a similar option in the Bug options.

Is this a known problem or have I done something wrong?

Not sure whether this is a bug: I can't seem to activate Stack Attack.

Before sending a stack of Artillery into battle, I opened the CivIV Options and checked Stack Attack. I don't normally have that option selected. However, when I directed the artillery stack to attack, one unit did as I commanded, and then... nothing. It seemed to completely ignore the Stack Attack option.

Exiting Civ and reloading the save shows the option still checked but still not functioning.

I didn't see a similar option in the Bug options.

Is this a known problem or have I done something wrong?

I went back a few pages in this thread, but couldn't find the relevant post. IIRC stack attack is currently disabled for one reason or another, you can still check the box but it doesn't do anything.

A couple balance issues I wanted to point out:

1. I think the Loyalty espionage upgrade is too OP. I suggest that it be split into 2 upgrades that reduce the chance to reveal nationality by 40% each, that way even if you get both you still have a 20% chance to damage relations when using spies.

2. The Reichstag technically has an exploit. During my games I've had times where someone will become my vassal, drop it, ask for it back, drop it again, etc. Normally this is a minor nuisance, but when combined with the Reichstag you can rack up the golden ages. I can dig up the save if you want it, but one game a while ago I had enough golden ages to last the rest of the game at about 60-70% thanks to this exploit. My suggestion is to have the Reichstag only give a golden age if you aren't all ready in one.

I went back a few pages in this thread, but couldn't find the relevant post. IIRC stack attack is currently disabled for one reason or another, you can still check the box but it doesn't do anything.

A couple balance issues I wanted to point out:

1. I think the Loyalty espionage upgrade is too OP. I suggest that it be split into 2 upgrades that reduce the chance to reveal nationality by 40% each, that way even if you get both you still have a 20% chance to damage relations when using spies.

2. The Reichstag technically has an exploit. During my games I've had times where someone will become my vassal, drop it, ask for it back, drop it again, etc. Normally this is a minor nuisance, but when combined with the Reichstag you can rack up the golden ages. I can dig up the save if you want it, but one game a while ago I had enough golden ages to last the rest of the game at about 60-70% thanks to this exploit. My suggestion is to have the Reichstag only give a golden age if you aren't all ready in one.
I don't recall Stack Attack being disabled, not in the last year at least. I think only Afforess and me can do it, and I certainly didn't, although I never use it because I think it's bugged somehow.
As for Reichstag problem, which revision are you using? I've made it more random for vassals to leave their masters, it shouldn't happen as often as before.

pls fix these two bugs, as they are annoying:

1) I use German language, and when I do my settings and save them, they get stored in CustomDomAdv_ger.txt and not in CustomDomAdv.txt what means, that either next game load all is gone, or I have to copy CustomDomAdv_ger.txt over CustomDomAdv.txt as the game does read from CustomDomAdv.txt but stores the settings in CustomDomAdv-ger.txt

This problem is for all languages (except English) the same.

2) When I want in F1 table (domestic advisor) mark several cities/rows and do for all in one click the same change, this does work not for all but for 4-7 cities only.

Means, if I have (i.e.) 5 cities, it may work for 3 or for all, or when I have 20 cities, it works for 7 only. The other I have to click extra each.

But it is not so that the first cities work, I have no idea what is causing for what cities this works and for what not.

For me this looks like somewhere in related xml (?) is a typing mistake with a closing or leading ; or such which stops complete processing of table changes by that way.

(what file it is ?)

45°38'N-13°47'E;14412451 said:
I don't recall Stack Attack being disabled, not in the last year at least. I think only Afforess and me can do it, and I certainly didn't, although I never use it because I think it's bugged somehow.
As for Reichstag problem, which revision are you using? I've made it more random for vassals to leave their masters, it shouldn't happen as often as before.

I still want to rein in Reichstag some more. I'm considering both capping the Golden Age at 2 turns/city of the vassal (so you get only a blip for a tiny civilization) and not allowing the GA if you are already in a GA. I just have to sit down and code it.

is this a bug ?
If it is willed, then I don't understand that great amount. 12-14 unhealthiness for School.
If it gives red faces, means opposite to happyness, ok, but unhealth, and much more than any other building (i.e. mining lead gives 2-4 only)?

svn 1033

edit
if I see right, the monasteries which give +1 health if choosen church in welfare they all no longer give a health.
I run secular, have all monasteries, as welfare I have church, and by that I should have +1 health for each monasteries, but when I build school in a city then all these health points get lost. Shown is that the hindu and one othe rmonasteriy get replaced by shool. OK, maybe that are two health points, althought "replaced" is not getting obsolete. So shool should have no relation to health if in politics/welfare is church choosen, as there all 13 monasteries are listed as source of health also after school

Bug in game or bug in thinking, anyways, that can not be right.

occupied two barbarian cities, in the first I cannot build any anything, no building option, can build units only, while the second city is OK

find no reason for this and had it never before
:confused:

see screenshots.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 141
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 161
Something tells me the Foundry's got to do with something. Try growing it to size 2, see ifsomething changes? Just throwing wild ideas.

Pearls will not connect to my city or trade network. I have a fishing boats on the Pearls and Trade researched. The city is also connected to my capital.

This has been brought up before, but I have not been able to find any posts addressing it. Is this bug still active or is there something else that is preventing Pearls from connecting to my city.
I've seen an error where resources are not properly connecting to the trade network when they should. I've seen it with multiple resources, screenshots below show it happening with pearls (I have researched trade), but I've seen it with copper as well. Rev994

@ AbramsGunner - you need sailing to enable trade on water tiles now, if I recall correctly.

Fishing will enable the resource, for the city, but you need sailing to conduct trade on water tiles, or to trade the resource.

@ AbramsGunner - you need sailing to enable trade on water tiles now, if I recall correctly.

Fishing will enable the resource, for the city, but you need sailing to conduct trade on water tiles, or to trade the resource.

Thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction. I had to research Shipbuilding to connect the Pearls. I just started playing AND. I thought you just needed the 2 techs that revealed and enabled the resource. Didn't know you had to have a third tech to trade them.

Thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction. I had to research Shipbuilding to connect the Pearls. I just started playing AND. I thought you just needed the 2 techs that revealed and enabled the resource. Didn't know you had to have a third tech to trade them.
Most resources need to be connected to your trade network in order to be used. Trade network is made of roads, railroads, etc, but also of rivers and water when you get the right tech: ship building enables trade on coast, navigation enables trade on ocean (for example when you have to connect a whale source).

Inviato dal mio GT-I9105P utilizzando Tapatalk

SVN 1033 More a typo at least I hope so.

Spoiler :

Enables and Disables building of statue of liberty.

Sounds like it should be under the bureaucracy civic, not under democracy.

Solution - Change this to the Bureaucracy civic, where it truly belongs, with red light/green light red tape.

SVN 1033 More a typo at least I hope so.

Spoiler :

Enables and Disables building of statue of liberty.

Sounds like it should be under the bureaucracy civic, not under democracy.

Solution - Change this to the Bureaucracy civic, where it truly belongs, with red light/green light red tape.

No, that's what I get for not changing <PrereqAndCivics> to <PrereqOrCivics>. It's supposed to be Republic OR Democracy OR Liberal. (If you've managed to stay Republic into the Industrial Era, then I feel you should get a little bonus.)

Rev 1033 CTD. Take one step north with the scout and it should crash once discovering Paris. Even if going East and only seeing their warrior, it still crashes. Tried reloading an earlier save but the same thing happens. Basically, discovering French civ = crash.

Hopefully I got the right minidump file. First time doing this.

Edit: Scratch that, false alarm. Turned out to be something wrong with one of my leaderhead modules. Reinstalling fixed it. ;)

I have a problem with obsidian going obsolete.

I have at least 10+, I counted 4 around 3 cities, all with quarries, but is says I have Zero obsidian resources available/in cities.

I feel this may have happened around the time of Architecture and the obsoleting of Stone cutters.

I still have stone and marble, and they are being used by the masons guild.

Spoiler :
attach photo on no obsidian

If its just me, its my game, as I've noticed a few cities don't have a working foundry, with pop's of 15+ but with 2+ upset citizens, maybe that's it?? and a lot of inland cities seem to have a fishers hut, with only a river or lake and no fish, crabs, shrimp,whale.

Top Bottom