Easter Egg Collecting! (spoilers be here)

I googled just about all those names and didn't come up with any definate hits. I call bullfeathers Kael, if google doesn't know, then no one knows.

Good Sauce said:
I googled just about all those names and didn't come up with any definate hits. I call bullfeathers Kael, if google doesn't know, then no one knows.

I agree; Google: the almighty knowitall

many of the names Keal posted are from christianity, judaism and alike. The category "angels" comes to mind ;-)

Elohim is the word for god in Hebrew, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before without reason... nothing to stop me now then ^^

Deathling said:
Elohim is the word for god in Hebrew, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before without reason... nothing to stop me now then ^^

Actually it's the plural, gods, but within an Old Testament context this plural form is generally considered to be an equivalent to Yahweh. Can't be bothered to google it but I think Eloah or Eloha is the single form of the word.

Y'know, just sayin'

Nope, El is singular for god, Ela singular for godess, Elohim is for "the god," Elilim is plural for gods (a group of gods including atleast 1 male god) and Elilot is plural for godesses.

As far as I can see, all the Doviello cities are places in Norway. Some of them are spelled slightly different, though. (Strange doesn`t english keyboards have Æ, Ø or Å :D )

Urslo --> Oslo (the capitol in Norway as well...)
Fjirgard --> Fjærgård

And so on

The icon for Arthendain is the Dwarven fighter/cleric from Baldur's Gate 1, found in the Cloakwood mines in chapter 4. Yep, coincidentally I was playing it recently :p

A cookie of +1:) for whoever remembers his name!

PS: I'm surprised there aren't more portraits from BG1/BG2 used for heroes/units. It's good artwork.

Deathling said:
Nope, El is singular for god, Ela singular for godess, Elohim is for "the god," Elilim is plural for gods (a group of gods including atleast 1 male god) and Elilot is plural for godesses.

Damn it, you made me Google it... :p I don't really trust Wikipedia in spesific sciences, e.g. linguistics, but this aslo agrees with it, so I take it has some credibility, unless you're an educated linguist in which case I'll take your word for it.

Anyway it's just nitpicking, your point stands.

Good Sauce said:

Google is nothing compared to the human mind. I garuntee half of those names come from a source you are familiar with. But it will take thought, and not search engines, to figure it out.

Ahaucan said:
The engineers are anagrams of muppets!

I like it :)

Ding ding ding! :goodjob:

I must admit that I secretly chuckle whenever Faber Ozzie spawns int he world and usually add my own "Wakka Wakka" sound effect.

The gods? I was under the impression that Judaism was a monotheistic religion (what with all of that bullfeathers and brainwashing I've gone through over these past years of so called "education" in bible class).

Judaism is _now_ a monotheistic relegion. It wasn't always. It might be more accurate to say that Judaism is a monotheistic relegion that has its roots in a polytheistic faith.

Top Bottom