PolyCast Episode 251: "Necessarily Arbitrary"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Arbitration where necessary. The two-hundred-and-fifty-first episode of PolyCast, "Necessarily Arbitrary", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, Stephanie "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and "MadDjinn" with first-time guest co-host Josh "zosh127". It carries a runtime of 59m59s.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 01m44s | Senate
Defending against air units in Civilization V: on using Anti-Aircraft Gun units in whole or in part to do so.
- 13m41s | Forum Talk
When one would, or would not, delete buildings during the course of CivV play, and tactics one would not take in the game as a "point of honor" (18m45s).
- 27m31s | Miscellaneous
Accounting and dissecting a re-review of Civilization V, nearing six years after its initial release, and taking exception to a call to revive the "stagnant" 4X strategy genre (42m23s).

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Hashtag denial before approval, tweeting troll and unthink fail.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production recording live every other Saturday throughout the year, in an ongoing effort to give the Civilization community an interactive voice; sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding, TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

hmmm, that breakdown summary looks familiar. Is that accidentally last-weeks?
:blush: -- other than the Intro/Outro topics, which was correct, you are correct in that what was posted for topics was from the most previous episode. I appreciate the heads-up.

Hope you enjoy the listen.

In the discussion of AA units versus Fighters, one thing struck me as odd. It was mentioned that AA units can operate far afield, while Fighters were limited by their range from the city they’re based in. I was waiting for somebody to mention Carriers, but no one did :(

In the discussion of AA units versus Fighters, one thing struck me as odd. It was mentioned that AA units can operate far afield, while Fighters were limited by their range from the city they’re based in. I was waiting for somebody to mention Carriers, but no one did :(
Noted for mention on the next episode recording.

we had some minor discussion about carriers, but the focus at that point was more about on land areas where carriers can't go. Fighters are still limited to where carriers can go, so there's always some place on the map (unless water heavy) that fighters can't reach directly.

Top Bottom