Any advice on YouTube Deity LP?

autior

Chieftain
Hi guys, could you please tell me the name of some good YouTubers that do Deity let's play? Actually I'm watching a Zulu Domination LP by Korae (I don't think he is gonna win but I'm learning a lot anyway), and I really like the fact that he explains most of the things he does.

I still have to beat the game on Immortal difficulty, but you know, it's better to learn from the best :D

...I still have to beat the game on Immortal difficulty, but you know, it's better to learn from the best :D
As a long time Emperor player I've just eeked out 2 consecutive Immortal SV as Spain around t300. Although not quick by any means there were comfortable. What I did was watch any Deity LP video for the first 30mins, taking notes. The notes I took were: work tiles, worker stealing and city placement. Gone is the notion that coastal cities are #1, in is cities next to rivers and mountains. On Emperor worker stealing is harder than on Immortal as on Immortal the AI has more to steal(earlier) and they get Archery a lot quicker so they build archers instead of warriors.

I can't give yo any names but my advice is to search for 'Deity LP' in YouTube. Watch the first 30mins and subscribe if you like their style.

Hi guys, could you please tell me the name of some good YouTubers that do Deity let's play? Actually I'm watching a Zulu Domination LP by Korae (I don't think he is gonna win but I'm learning a lot anyway), and I really like the fact that he explains most of the things he does.

I still have to beat the game on Immortal difficulty, but you know, it's better to learn from the best :D

My main recommendations would be MadDjinn (the Poland LP is probably the best one to start with), ElceePlaysCiv and Marbozir. Unfortunately, Marbozir is the only one of those three who still uploads CiV content regularly, and he often plays on Epic (and with mods these days) which may or may not be what you want, though you can search his previous LPs to find some standard ones (the Carthage one was standard speed IIRC).

As a long time Emperor player I've just eeked out 2 consecutive Immortal SV as Spain around t300. Although not quick by any means there were comfortable. What I did was watch any Deity LP video for the first 30mins, taking notes. The notes I took were: work tiles, worker stealing and city placement. Gone is the notion that coastal cities are #1, in is cities next to rivers and mountains. On Emperor worker stealing is harder than on Immortal as on Immortal the AI has more to steal(earlier) and they get Archery a lot quicker so they build archers instead of warriors.

I can't give yo any names but my advice is to search for 'Deity LP' in YouTube. Watch the first 30mins and subscribe if you like their style.

I'm actually trying to win an Immortal game on Pangea Plus, and as long as I played I never found a city-state on my reach to steal a worker to, they spawn always in deep sea.. But that's my favourite map type so no going back! :D

My main recommendations would be MadDjinn (the Poland LP is probably the best one to start with), ElceePlaysCiv and Marbozir. Unfortunately, Marbozir is the only one of those three who still uploads CiV content regularly, and he often plays on Epic (and with mods these days) which may or may not be what you want, though you can search his previous LPs to find some standard ones (the Carthage one was standard speed IIRC).

Thanks, I was already aware of Marbozir, but I added the other 2 guys too, gonna check them asap. :)

Anyway I'm looking for games with BNW not modded (at least not invasive mods) and standard speed if possible. And I would really find a game of someone who did a Domination win, that would be pretty cool!

Top Bottom