Votes: 90 25.7%
  • All Of The Above

Votes: 63 18.0%
  • Other (Name it and Describe it)

Votes: 42 12.0%
  • None Of The Above

Votes: 12 3.4%

• Total voters
my complain is it is very hard to tell how much potential a solar system has...
just how do i figure out how valuable my enemies system are and which to invade 1st?
More planets = better
Bigger planets = better

The individual planet yields aren't as important as the size and number of planets. There may be some exceptionally rare cases where you have several large planets and none of them produce any food without farms but it's so unlikely that simply going for more or bigger planets will be a sound rule to follow.

Needs variety in tech tre compnents available to diffeent CIVs. Should all have all branches of the same tree.

The game is too short. There's not enough time to really build up some of the solar systems! Also, it was relatively easy to hit the pop cap, so we need more ways to increase the pop cap. And I think the way the building costs scales is a tad too much. Perhaps the first should be 100%, then 150%, then 200%, instead of 100%, 200%, 300%, etc.

Oh, and culture has almost no purpose in the game. It limits the time before a city can use the third ring of planets, but that's it.

The ships are also a bit too hyper-specialized. Defense ships rule everything, even invasion ships, until battleships arrive, at which point a few of them supported by destroyers dominate the battlefield.

Cultural Victory is far too easy (5000 culture points)

And im really no fan at all of doubling the cost of buildings on a new planet.

and Alpha and Omega line of ships cost too much to build. Omega Battleship itself is 700 or so hammers.

About resources; could have them spawn ontop of the star systems instead so you dont need to mine way into space. and trade routes can be connected using an airport like building (which doesnt need direct route, just a recieving building) which can be done by renaming an existing one 'Space dock - enable routes' eg.

I also thought that pirates were a really big annoyance in the game. I never had anything to fear from them in terms of taking over my system, but they were always disrupting trade lanes. The biggest culprit to this end, I think, was in how woefully small the culture radius was. There's so much "unseen" territory within an empire that provide spawn points for pirates.

I am nearly ready to release a Mod that addresses a number of these issues.

- Increased ship movement, starting at 2 for early ships except PDS and topping at 6 for Omega Scout.
-Increased planet populations, from 1-2-3 to 2-4-5.
-Increased growth rate.
-4 New Propulsion Technologies and Increased general Tech costs.
-Redistributed Units accross the Tech Tree for more even progression.
-Added Trade Routes with Propulsion Techs so systems can eventually have up to 4.
-Added a New Hollywood Wonder and Interplanetary Network Building.
-Removed Missiles (except Doomsday) as the AI does not use them EVER.
-Reduced Red Factions bonuses

Also the systems are more like Sol. Terras only in the first 4 orbits, white planets only in the last 4 orbits, Gas Giants only Medium or Large and mostly Large, other planets only Medium or Small, and other similar filters.

I don't like how they move. In 'real' space, you can't spend years just wandering the galaxy in a little ship...I think that only the scouts should have been able to do that, and that everyone else should have only been able to move for a certain amount of turns, before they all died of starvation/suffocation.

"The ships are also a bit too hyper-specialized. Defense ships rule everything, even invasion ships, until battleships arrive, at which point a few of them supported by destroyers dominate the battlefield."

I don't see it like this at all. Ok I'll grant you that the planetary defence ships in defencive mode in a "city" can hold their own against most ships, but I have no real problem with battleships once I get squadrons. AND even with the destroyers intercepting some squadrons I generally use missles first and seem to use up their intercepts before using my squadrons. AND those planetary defence ships are useless outside of a "city" in my opinion.

That's their downside, I think. Why is the ship so useless outside of it's element? Heck, my city defense ships were attacking pirate invasion ships most of the time just to stop the pirates from destroying my trade lanes. Simply because the invasion ships are so weak outside of a city attack. If one cannot afford to move around a stack of units, one might as well be throwing their units away.

Oh, and culture has almost no purpose in the game. It limits the time before a city can use the third ring of planets, but that's it.

If you build 2 interplanetary beacons (early), you will find you have culture extending 5-6 tiles from your sun before an enemy can reasonaby attack. This gives you advanced notice of approaching enemy (without constant recon) and means that they have to spend several turns in enemy culture during their approach (not healing) while your squadrons attack. Unless they have spent ALOT of hammers on squadron defense, they will be trashed before they get to your sun.

Its really easy to win culture victory, and 100% defensive bonus to systems is great. my borders are something like 8-10 tiles away from the Star :D

It crashes after maybe to 5 turns until 30 turns so i couldnt really enjoy this scenario.

The heavy micromanagement put me off. You have to colonise every single little world in one city. It got annoying and got rid of my interest in the game.

Also an AI sent a small force at me (I knew it was coming and prepared a bigger defence for the heck of it) and delcared war. I wiped it out after their ships sat outside one of my systems doing nothing and then declared peace. That was stupid of the AI.

1. The tech tree is to short and to slim.
2. AI is stiupid.
3. Ships are to slow.

Those are the biggest issues. More wonders would be nice but that is rather a request, not needed to the core of the game.

In any game other than epic+huge map the research tree is too fast.

In such a large+slow game, the turns take ages to process and there are clones ruling the universe. Duplicate civs are no problem, as long as they have different names.

I like the simplified units and their super specialization.
It's only a minor pity there are no wonders or faction specific stuff.

Barbarians are fantastic, they are great for getting EXP.
If anything, I'd like them to be more powerfull and attack in waves.

Please post any liks to mods on this thread.

Also, If any modders need ideas...
I have some.

PLease share! :D brainstorming is fun.

Just dont expect me to work miracles though, I'm no Kael.

I'll post what I altered so far later tonight, I just tinkered with some python and buildings and now the game crashes when I open the eventsdialog box...also the setup options are messed up now. :crazyeye:

okay....i'll just upload th current zip, without any prestige stuff for stations or squadron-missions (save the buildings).

...gotta...
-move flightschool to fleet academy tech, for clarity.
-get missions to trigger python pretige upgrade for unit.
-get auto prestige gain for sarbases to work properly.
-write alternative txt for new factions. some factions need revising.
-new leaderhead animations...from other mods?
-really new factions.

Attachments

• Copy of Final Frontier.zip
    52.6 KB · Views: 170
I am nearly ready to release a Mod that addresses a number of these issues.

- Increased ship movement, starting at 2 for early ships except PDS and topping at 6 for Omega Scout.
-Increased planet populations, from 1-2-3 to 2-4-5.
-Increased growth rate.
-4 New Propulsion Technologies and Increased general Tech costs.
-Redistributed Units accross the Tech Tree for more even progression.
-Added Trade Routes with Propulsion Techs so systems can eventually have up to 4.
-Added a New Hollywood Wonder and Interplanetary Network Building.
-Removed Missiles (except Doomsday) as the AI does not use them EVER.
-Reduced Red Factions bonuses

Also the systems are more like Sol. Terras only in the first 4 orbits, white planets only in the last 4 orbits, Gas Giants only Medium or Large and mostly Large, other planets only Medium or Small, and other similar filters.

second that.

I actually like the lack of cultral control. This is space afterall, pirates are going to be able to screw around with the authorities a lot.

Top Bottom