Rhye's and Fall Rome victory conditions

dnewhous

Chieftain
I wish to verify the victory conditions in the online strategy guide. It says I need

3 cities in Italy - I don't like this too much because the southernmost city takes a long time to become really viable, you really can't get by with just 2?

2 cities in Spain - I don't like this because I'm going to lose those cities when the Spanish and Portuguese civilizations start. Can I get by with just 1?

2 cities in Germany - this isn't even historical. Can a city in the no man's land between Rome and Greece count? The Romans did expand into Romania, so that would be historical. The Romans only briefly attempted to expand east of the Danube.

3 cities in France - no complaint here because the cities are started for you by the Celts. The 4 legions you start the game with are more than adequate to take these cities.

hmmm...that sounds incorrect or outdated. First of all, Rhyse has been updated a lot since the original BTS release. I suggest you patch it up. Check the C&C forum.

I don't recall needing German cities. I think you need 2 North African cities and 1 in Britain.

Nice thing about spain and France is that if you play it right you can take them our immediately. Build little infra in those cities and chop all the forests for units. Get the barrack, colisseums and aqueducts up in your Italian cities and Athens and Carthage.

The downloadable BTS version is not compatible with Civ IV complete. I may need to reinstall.

Did you get the 3.19 patch for civ first? I believe complete is only 3.17 or maybe even earlier. From what you've described it sounds like you're on 3.03! Even the version of RFC that ships with 3.17 and 3.19 (not the latest, but much newer than the initial BtS release) doesn't have those requirements.

Yep, sounds like you need to patch things up. RFC and most modpacks work only with 3.19 ( the latest and last patch)....and as a general note for any pc gaming, I recommend looking for patches when you first get any game.

Wait there's an online strategy guide. Where is it?

The RFC strategy wiki went down a year or so ago for some reason, even though his RFC main site is still up.

Apparently though there is a way to access those guides via some website that searches for snapshots of webpages from the past. A link it provide in this thread below in the post by "ales":

Rhye's strategy wiki

Also, RFC has its own subforum in Creation & Customization Forum (Civ4 Mods forum basically) which you can find here:

RFC Forum

RFC has been updated quite a bit since the BTS delivered release, so I recommend updating it if you have note. Also, several great submods exist for RFC.

Top Bottom