"Civilization III & IV Complete Edition" bundle

Hello. I wasn't quite sure where to put this, so hopefully I've chosen wisely.

Anyway, I had to replace my copy of Civ IV because I broke the disc (I rolled over it with my chair) so I couldn't play the game at all. I'd had vanilla Civ IV for as long as I could remember. I decided I wanted the "complete edition" of the game, especially since I'd never gotten to play Colonization.

Well, I ordered it through Amazon, but what I got surprised me. It's a bundle of Civ III AND Civ IV in one package — both of them the "complete edition." However, before I tear it open and go to town, I wanted to ask if this is even a legitimate bundle of the game. I've never seen it mentioned on any official sites (not that I looked too terribly long) and it's not linked in the CivFanatics marketplace.

So... is this a legit bundle, and can I go ahead and open it, or should I send it back and get my money back?

Thanks!

I bought the same exact bundle, and it works fine for me. Although I've noticed that some mods seen to be incompatible with it. But that probably just me. So I'd open it. And an added bonus is that you don't need to have the disk in to play it. But that may be for all Civ versions.

I bought the same exact bundle, and it works fine for me. Although I've noticed that some mods seen to be incompatible with it. But that probably just me. So I'd open it. And an added bonus is that you don't need to have the disk in to play it. But that may be for all Civ versions.

Don't worry, it's legit, and what Baseballpie said is true. You don't need the disc to play the games. How do I know? I basically brought the bundle last year as part of a sale at the local EB Games. They also had a bundle of Civ IV and its two expansion packs for four dollars more, but for a cheaper price, and a better content, I thought, beggars can't be choosers, so I got it for $15. So if you want to buy your own copy of the bundle pack from Amazon, as you had stated earlier, go ahead and do so, because it is legit and it is a great deal. It worked for me!

This bundle, right?

I can't say if the bundle you bought is legit, but it's certainly been published here in Australia. I even saw it in game shops. Pity they published it a few months after I bought Civ4 complete, because this Civ3+4 comes with Colonization on it.

Maybe it hasn't been published in America :confused:

I probably should install that thing one day and look at 3 and Colonization for the fun of it.

I bought it a few months back. It works great for me. Shipping was almost as expensive as the game. It had to get shipped from the UK all the way to the USA.

I am thinking about buying this version, but I have two questions. First, do mods (especialy Fall From Heaven 2) work on it? Second, what does the set contain? Does it contian civ IV colonization, warlords and BTS?

I am thinking about buying this version, but I have two questions. First, do mods (especialy Fall From Heaven 2) work on it? Second, what does the set contain? Does it contian civ IV colonization, warlords and BTS?

I purchased it thru amazon a couple months ago. It contains civ3 complete with all civ3 xpacks, civ4 with all xpacks updated to v3.19, and colonization. As for the mods I can't say. But I don't see why they wouldn't work. Good purchase, good value, good times. Definitely worth it.

This is why I would think it wouldn't work. And I am buying it mainly so that I can play Fall From Heaven 2 and Rhye's And Fall of Civilization.

I would be glad to, gives me an excuse to finally check out some mods anyway. I've got Fall From Heaven 2 and Rhye's and Fall of Civilization downloaded, just need to install them and give them a whirl.

I would be glad to, gives me an excuse to finally check out some mods anyway. I've got Fall From Heaven 2 and Rhye's and Fall of Civilization downloaded, just need to install them and give them a whirl.

Have you tested them? It seems like it is taking some time. :scan:

I was just waiting for you to bump the thread. And it was fun trying them out, whole different world. Have no idea where my Hill Giants came from or why it is asking me to pick a trait.

I was just waiting for you to bump the thread. And it was fun trying them out, whole different world. Have no idea where my Hill Giants came from or why it is asking me to pick a trait.

OK, thanks for trying it. I'm now going to buy the game.

Top Bottom