Rise from Erebus 1.4 Bug Thread

I thought as much, yeah. But add a placeholder promotion to that, that degrades into the original one after 1 turn, and it'll be replaced at the beginning of the next turn. It takes away the promotion for the rest of the turn if you die, though, so you can't die and make use of its effects later in the same turn. But that's not a huge issue, imo.

copying undying and changing some names works.

But another bug is that timid animals doesnt work. With or without this option all animals can enter my land and even attack my cities.
Last game a Mammoth raised one of my cities.

that's even funnier as I thought mammoths and elephant were supposed to have no attack strength... or at least to have AI set to never attack.

copying undying and changing some names works.

But another bug is that timid animals doesnt work. With or without this option all animals can enter my land and even attack my cities.
Last game a Mammoth raised one of my cities.

Timid animals does NOT prevent them from ever entering your lands, nor does it prevent their attacking once in. All it does is prevent their ability to enter your lands on their own. If your borders expand over them, or if they wander in via someone else's culture (any feral civ, for example), they can do whatever they wish.

New custom game. Using the version posted at the start of this thread. I have two scouts, no settler. Of note they are 3 tiles apart, there's a bunch of peaks between them, and a mana guardian next to a peak. Not sure if the settler was suppose to spawn in that area and it borked. Don't remember this ever happening in FFH or any of its modmods. I think it's a fluke, but I kept the savegame in case you want it.

Another one: Scions dont have any sickness from population at all.
EDIT: and Honored Bands add extra costs, which dont go away when deleting the units.
Edit2: necropolis dont give production bonus and dark council can be created in every city giving a damn lot of traderoutes

Hi, me and my friend are playing more multiplayer games, this time I am playing as the illians, just completed ascension, firstly, I dont know wether this was intended to be possible, but the Godslayer spawned in my capital, so I have Auric with Godslayer in hand just obliterating everything.
The actual bug is that the game has desynced every time I reloaded the game since spawning Auric Ascended, its pretty specific, so maybe you guys would be champions and have a look, as it makes illians a bit pointless in multiplayer if Auric isnt useable.
Other than that, there are no other desyncs, I'll keep an eye out for bugs

To clarify, me and my friend are on the same team. He is playing Archos, I dont know if this might be the cause.

Minor Aesthetic Bugs: Auric Ascendeds attack animations are a bit high speed and twitchy, I dont know how fixable that is, but its not a big deal
Some of the Scorpions evolutions (my friend is playing Archos) change the colour of the scorpions (which I know is intended) however upon gaining the second level of evolution (like an upgrade), they revert back to brown. again not a big deal, just making you guys aware

Really glad you guys are taking the extra time to polish the mod, as its may favourite

Edit: The auric ascended desync bug ONLY occurs when I select him, after reloading if I start the game without selecting him I get no desync until I select him, which seems even stranger, I dont know if this makes it easier to fix or not. If you guys dont want to fix it, could you give me an idea of where to look/how to fix that kind of bug, as you guys obviously fixed a huge number of sync errors in this update.

Also noticed that Archos are really quite overpowering in early game, seeing as they can easily get the size/promos needed to be spawning str 6+4 poison combat spiders before other teams (yes, in teams of 2 so faster teching) have champions (str 8 including iron weapons), as it stands the archos can defeat an enemy without even declaring war in the early game, given so many hidden nationality, stealthy, high strength units (compared to at best axemen and archers), I mean, D'tesh were unstoppable late game, which is why they got brought into line. I think Archos are in danger of being unstoppable in the early game, not as bad as D'tesh late game, but still.

Again, keep up the good work.

For reasons that make me cry when I go to sleep at night, I have discovered that the raiders bonus gold from pillaging trait does not work with enclaves. It probably doesn't work with other civ specific improvements either (yarangas and homesteads come to mind).

Hello, I just got a mew PC with win7 :). I installed BEY with RFE and it installed in program files (x86). Everithing was great with no more crash since I also got a new video card. After a few turn I noticed a message about some music not found (it was songofthedeadsun). Did I installed in the right place or should I use program files instead ? Also it appear that the animal capture was not working anymore but I have to test more about that.

Hello, I just got a mew PC with win7 :). I installed BEY with RFE and it installed in program files (x86). Everithing was great with no more crash since I also got a new video card. After a few turn I noticed a message about some music not found (it was songofthedeadsun). Did I installed in the right place or should I use program files instead ? Also it appear that the animal capture was not working anymore but I have to test more about that.

You installed in the right place but didn't install the separate music download. As for animal capture, its a known bug.

There's a typo in onModNetMessage, CvEventManager.py. The last elif should check iData1 and not iData.

If you want switching to Infernals and Mercurians to work now without waiting for the patch you can make the fix yourself, it's a simple one. (note: I have not tried that it actually work after doing this, I have no working RifE install right now.)

Centaur Villages appear to still be leaving cultural zones of control on the map even when they are destroyed. Even removing this culture with WB has it reappear on the next turn.

Also - I had Sphener Resurrect Corlindale. After the resurrectionm, corlindale had both his normal promotions, as well as *all of Sphener's promotions* (including Race: Angel)

Hey Snarko, any chance you could tell me/us what that simple fix might be? I literally just picked up a python editor (Notepad++) to see if I could fix that Infernal/Mercurian problem. But I cant find the value I need to change, any pointers?

Hey Snarko, any chance you could tell me/us what that simple fix might be? I literally just picked up a python editor (Notepad++) to see if I could fix that Infernal/Mercurian problem. But I cant find the value I need to change, any pointers?

That's a fairly good editor, same one we use. ;)

Open up CvEventManager.py, go to line 568. Should read "elif iData == CvUtil.reassignPlayer:". Change the 'iData' to 'iData1'. Fix complete.

If playing multiplayer, make sure all players make the change.

Timid animals does NOT prevent them from ever entering your lands, nor does it prevent their attacking once in. All it does is prevent their ability to enter your lands on their own. If your borders expand over them, or if they wander in via someone else's culture (any feral civ, for example), they can do whatever they wish.

Aren't elephants and mammoths supposed to be passive though :confused:. I don't know if there's a correlation, but in my last 1.4 game I noticed elephants and mammoths suddenly not being passive after turn 100 when the difficulty increased to Diety.

Edit: (I was playing with increasing difficulty, starting at Emperor).

Best version of Rife yet, regardless of that Subdue animal trait bug. :p But damn if you guys didn't pack this mod with so much stuff. You pretty much need 64-bit OS to run this since 3GB's simply won't cut it.

On a normal sized map, I can't construct a ritual that shows all resources because doing so will CTD with out of memory error. Loading a game that has been going for +100 turns while having one going will also CTD due to lack of memory. I won't even try large sized maps on my setup. :p

I had a short game my first trial with 1.4

On turn 2 a random civ wins a "gone to hell" victory. I deleted my old rife before installing the new one+ sondtrach, and the only mod I added was mana is reflective (shiny version) which could be the cause, but....ya. Any ideas?

Aren't elephants and mammoths supposed to be passive though :confused:. I don't know if there's a correlation, but in my last 1.4 game I noticed elephants and mammoths suddenly not being passive after turn 100 when the difficulty increased to Diety.

Edit: (I was playing with increasing difficulty, starting at Emperor).

I think animals can get age-related promotions that make them stronger. It might give elephants the ability to attack as well.

On the elephants/mammoths issue, basically, as far as I can tell, after they reach about age 300 (not sure on the number), they transform into beast type instead of animal type, I think they gain a 60% strength boost and they become able to attack, this happened before 1.4 aswell, to me anyway. So in theory its just the same thing happening. Same with sea serpents, they become ridiculously powerful because the sea is so large its hard to hunt them down early enough, I remember having to send Khazad Ironclads in groups because they could get beaten easily by a sea serpent, a bit annoying.

The other thing of note is an experiment I tried, I was playing Sheaim, switching to Infernals after researching malevolent designs (req. for Hyborems Whisper worldspell). I had fixed the switching issue, and switched with sheaim only having one town (best city in the world, ashen veil holy city), so I could use hyborems whisper to knock them out of the game and take an awesome town to be my new capital. Turns out that I still cant use hyborems whisper, maybe its because I didnt research Malevolent Designs, but started with it (by virtue of the Sheaim having it before me), anyone else notice this?

Top Bottom