Rise from Erebus 1.4 Bug Thread

What should I be looking for exactly, though? And what program should I have to do the diagnostics? not at a 170, when there's around 170 turns left until a timed victory. Yeah, it's very frustrating, I once went to worldbuilder and just started deleting things from the map, it worked, for a while, but eventually it happened again, managed to win but I was constantly saving the game in case it'd crash again.

i see, ... what mapsize do you play and with how many players/AIs ? bigger map and more players means higher chance of CtD, so if you are playing huge maps with 16 players on marathon, then crash chance is logically higher, so ...

@arcticnightwolf: Thanks :)
It really came from the MPL-module, which I seem to have enabled somehow.

i see, ... what mapsize do you play and with how many players/AIs ? bigger map and more players means higher chance of CtD, so if you are playing huge maps with 16 players on marathon, then crash chance is logically higher, so ...

I'm sorry, I didn't mean marathon, I meant quick, I have no idea why I said marathon. Haha. I was playing on a standard map, the default is usually 7 on that, but I made it so only 4 other civs are with me, so that's 5 in all in the beginning, then hyborem and basium come out and play and maybe someone unleashes the frozen, sooo that does add up. I make a pretty big army too and other smaller ones in forts around my borders. It probably all factors in, right? I'm going to try a new game, but smaller, the one right above standard, only put 3 other civs including myself so that'll be 4 and see what happens. I enjoy when the angels and infernals come in so I'll keep that but I'll blcok the frozen from coming in. It must be my PC; I mean, it's old, from 2004, I did upgrade the graphic card, years ago. Haha. What if I install more memory, would that help any if my PC is the problem?

I'm sorry, I didn't mean marathon, I meant quick, I have no idea why I said marathon. Haha. I was playing on a standard map, the default is usually 7 on that, but I made it so only 4 other civs are with me, so that's 5 in all in the beginning, then hyborem and basium come out and play and maybe someone unleashes the frozen, sooo that does add up. I make a pretty big army too and other smaller ones in forts around my borders. It probably all factors in, right? I'm going to try a new game, but smaller, the one right above standard, only put 3 other civs including myself so that'll be 4 and see what happens. I enjoy when the angels and infernals come in so I'll keep that but I'll blcok the frozen from coming in. It must be my PC; I mean, it's old, from 2004, I did upgrade the graphic card, years ago. Haha. What if I install more memory, would that help any if my PC is the problem?

i think more memory would help if it would be up to 2 or 4 GB total, not sure, but Civilization4 can't utilise more memory than that, or at least natively - might be that LargeAddressAware could allow more than that

anyway, can't help you - if it is MAF (Memory allocation failure) error then there's nothing i could advise you beyond what's already said on forums, if it is crash to desktop because of error in dll i can't help you as well, because i don't have rife nor rife debug dll installed :/

i think more memory would help if it would be up to 2 or 4 GB total, not sure, but Civilization4 can't utilise more memory than that, or at least natively - might be that LargeAddressAware could allow more than that

anyway, can't help you - if it is MAF (Memory allocation failure) error then there's nothing i could advise you beyond what's already said on forums, if it is crash to desktop because of error in dll i can't help you as well, because i don't have rife nor rife debug dll installed :/

Alright, thanks anyway. I'll see how the game plays out. :goodjob:

Sorry to be a bother... Again... Hahaha. First: I played the last game with ease, I won a religious victory then proceeded playing because I wanted to do some things, but by turn 501 on normal (for certain, this time) it crashed to desktop. But, I deleted a couple of things and units, then it it didn't do it again. So, that's that. But now, I started a new game and I made my new city and all that, then I click to end turn... Crashed to desktop. Lol. Is it just me? Well, I'm thinking about deleting Rise From Erebus then re-downloading it. Should I?

Sorry to be a bother... Again... Hahaha. First: I played the last game with ease, I won a religious victory then proceeded playing because I wanted to do some things, but by turn 501 on normal (for certain, this time) it crashed to desktop. But, I deleted a couple of things and units, then it it didn't do it again. So, that's that. But now, I started a new game and I made my new city and all that, then I click to end turn... Crashed to desktop. Lol. Is it just me? Well, I'm thinking about deleting Rise From Erebus then re-downloading it. Should I?

it's not very likely that it would help - there's probably some bug in dll that's causing the problem ... i'd say that you post savegame, but i won't get to actually debug the save since i would have to get all the stuff for debug dll ...
so, CtD happens ... sometimes you can bypass it by reloading earlier save and doing things differently ( like moving the units in different order ) which should change the random generator and lead to different results, or you could - as you mentioned - delete some stuff and it might `disappear`

Hi!

A subdue animal fix would be nice but what really makes this game unplayable right now is the bug concerning first strikes. This bug screws up the combat odds and makes the wrong unit defend the stack. It is easy to check by adding for example a warrior and an axeman to a tile in worldbuilder. Give the warrior drill 1 and the axeman combat 3. Attack the stack with another warrior. The warrior is the unit that defends the stack although it should have been the axeman. I really hope for a fix since this is probably the game which I have put more hours in than all other games combined. :sad:

Bug List 1.41

AI Problems

• Still seeing a great deal of reluctance when it comes to barbarians entering my cultural boarders. Even in situations where their lair is surrounded by my territory.
  • Leashed barbarians remain leashed to their lair even after it is destroyed causing them to never move again.

Cosmetic

• Missing TXT_KEY_IMPROVEMENT_DWARVEN_MINE_HELP
  • Missing TXT_BUILDING_TEMPLE_OF_LEAVES_PEDIA
  • Missing TXT_BUILDING_TEMPLE_OF_THE_OVERLORDS_STRATEGY
  • Missing TXT_KEY_GOODY_EXPLORE_LAIR_ITEM_TRAVELLERS_CLOAK
  • Missing TXT_BUILDING_PACT_OF_THE_NILHORN_STRATEGY
  • The Gnosling unit has a minor graphical glitch in the form of a black square around the lighting effect for his staff.
  • When telling certain arcane units to fortify a buzzing sound plays instead of the appropriate VO.

Documentation

Not Sure if Bug, Or Just New Feature

Events

• The "An experienced traveler has just arrived at your palace. For a little fee he can tell you one story" event has several options, none of them do anything other than take your gold.
  • "There has been a recent surge of promising young scholars wishing to study science, magic, and the arcane." Three of the options the require gold are always unselectable even with the required amounts of gold. If there are other requirements for them, they aren't listed correctly.
  • Trait gain messages for minor leaders: The second option reads "Rumor has it that the leader of the had a chance to gain a new trait but declined it." Notice the excessive spacing, my guess is there's a tag that's supposed to insert civ name that isn't working properly.

On the recent surge of scholars one I have had options available for that. If I'm remembering right one of them builds a mage guild and one adds science to your library, so I would assume that they require knowledge of the ether and the presence of a library, respectively.

Trait gain messages for minor leaders: The second option reads "Rumor has it that the leader of the had a chance to gain a new trait but declined it." Notice the excessive spacing, my guess is there's a tag that's supposed to insert civ name that isn't working properly.

Oops, I added the text to the wrong TXT_KEY. Uploaded a fixed file to the SVN and attached it to this post.

If downloading the attached file: remove the .txt at the end of the file (the forum doesn't allow xml files) and put it in Rise from Erebus\Assets\XML\Text overwriting the old file.

Attachments

• CIV4GameText_MinorLeadersMod.xml.txt
    407 KB · Views: 197
In case anyone is still debugging, I'm getting a WoC hang at the end of this turn - just hit "Enter."

Also, I can teleport units from one city to another as if I've built The Nexus, which I haven't.

Not sure if you guys are reading this right now, or if this bug has already been addressed.

There seems to be a bug with the Vassal states in RiFE 1.4 that is causing the player to automatically declare war on his own vassals. I am playing as Khazad, and I have the Mechanos and the Hamstalfar as vassals I have forced into capitulation through war (I doubt it is civ-specific though as I have encountered a similar problem as Elohim with a Ljosalfar vassal). When a computer player volunteers freely to become my vassal, there is no issue. However, when you force an enemy into capitulation through conquest, they will initially capitulate, and then mysteriously MY civilization will declare war on the vassal, which causes us to go to war again.
This continues at random throughout the game, suddenly and seemingly without any triggers (no maelstrom or spells or anything). Neither of my vassals is anywhere close to the territory/population triggers that cause them to break free; furthermore, I can tell that it's me declaring war on them b/c I keep losing diplomacy (I am at -21 with my vassals for "You declared war on us!").

Anyone have any idea what's wrong?

Where do I download this 1.41/1.42 patch. I downloaded the v1.4 and I'm getting red spheres instead of the unit for muris clan lords.

Thanks. The orc scouts still look like regular human scouts by the way.

Hello.

Amurite adepts- Aprentices- come into game with that spell of 8% /turn became barbarian.

Is here a fix for it? its stupid... its happening all time, my adepts go wild and also 1 did conquer 1 of my cities lol!

I know RifE is no longer being developed (except in stuff like Ashes of Erebus), but this seemed the most appropriate place to post this, as opposed to starting a new thread.

I've seen two problems with Birthright Regained:

1) in my current game, playing as the Clan of Embers, building Birthright Regained did not allow me to cast the Clan world spell a second time (I had cast it once earlier in the game): the button just doesn't show up in any city screen.

2) In my previous game, playing as the Doviello, Birthright Regained showed up in my city build options after researching the requisite tech even though I had not yet cast my world spell the first time.

Just wondering if anyone has (or can point me to) a fix for these issues. Or, if someone can tell me what needs changing in the code. I still enjoy playing RifE, and would be nice to fix this.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

EDIT: I'm using Snarko"s patch, if that makes a difference to the solution.

Top Bottom