RifE Steampunk Europe Scenario

Weilyn

Chieftain
Hello, people!

I've been working on this scenario for a while. It's basically a small (64*40) map of Europe with 14 civilizations. Half of them are Mechanos (because I was mostly interesting in making a steampunk scenario, and used RifE as an excellent way to accomplish that). The nations are a fairly unorthodox mix of civs, leaders and player colours, but from the games I have played on it it seems to work out pretty well.

I made something similar for Orbis, but I have to say I prefer this one.

The scenario can be downloaded here

The civs:

1. Kingdom of France (Mechanos) led by Marie Bourbon (Deirdra)
  2. Norse Kingdoms (Mechanos) led by Christian Sture (Baron Duin Halfmorn)
  3. Iceland (Illians) led by Hrimthurs (Auric Ulvin)
  4. Realm of England (Mechanos) led by Elizabeth IV (Valledia the Even)
  5. Transylvanian Principality (Calabim) led by Princess Bogdana (Alexis)
  6. Hispanic League (Sheaim) led by Abelardo II (Elijah Arnauld)
  7. Greek Republic (Lanun) led by Ulysses Vanapolate (Prime Minister Esirce)
  8. Germanic Federation (Mechanos) led by Andreas von Koenigsburg (Verocchio)
  9. United Cities of Italy (Bannor) led by Sisinnius II (Sabathiel)
  10. Polish-Lithuanian Union (Mechanos) led by Sigismunda III (Casin Loveless)
  11. Ottoman Empire (Mechanos) led by Al-Ahad bin Selim (Kane)
  12. Russian Tsardom (Hippus) led by Tzarina Aleksandra (Zaria Scheras)
  13. Celtic Commonwealth (Austrin) led by Boudicca VII (Maer)
  14. Netherlands (Mechanos) led by Willem VI (Goodreau)

Apart from leader- and aesthetic changes the gameplay has not been altered, and the scenario plays out like any old Rise from Erebus map. Its options, victory conditions and game speed are completely customizable.

Some Screenshots:

Spoiler :

The file has been uploaded, but is awaiting moderation. I'll get back to this thread once it's up for real. If you've got any questions or comments I'd be more than happy to answer them!

Finally: this scenario was created for version 1.4 without the Final Fixes installed. I don't know if having the Final Fixes makes makes you unable to play this scenario. I would guess not, but I can't be sure.

Finally, finally: I mean not to imply that Greeks are pirates, that Spaniards are worshippers of entropy, that Norwegians are secretly werewolves, or anything of the like. This was just made for fun, and my intentions were never to offend.

Oh, and finally, finally, finally: I would have posted this thread the day before yesterday, but some mysterious bug made the scenario unplayable. Finally I (somehow) figured out that the mod (or the game itself?) can't handle umlauts in "CityList" names added to the worldbuilder save. Just thought I'd share that little bit of information, and also explain why some of the city names have slightly weird spelling.

Thanks for reading! Have a great night! :)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 2,029
  • Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 2,045
  • Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 1,132
thanks for sharing :D

actually the scenario can't be dl yet .. so can't be tested :D

(and I personnaly won't have the time soon)

I just applied Snarko's patch, and your marvelous Final Fixes, and the scenario boots up perfectly fine with them. Haven't played an entire patched game yet, but I can't imagine there would be any trouble.

Great to see it works! And thanks for the compliments on Final Fixes. With a few tweaks the mod became so much better. Good scenario too

This doesn't work for me on the lastest version. The map starts initializing, then crashes to desktop.

Also does not work for me.
I've tried to compare it to a working save and remove a lot of things but still CTD.

Top Bottom