Derf's Ashes Modules

Frozen 1.11 uploaded. LPLate, I don't know why exactly, but the additional python files you included were causing a crash until I added 'frozen' on the end of each filename. This fixes that.
However, we have two known issues:
-The event at Letum Frigus which should give Auric the Aggressive trait and the Amurites a Golden Age is not triggering. (Can't see why, there's nothing in the module as far as I can see that modifies Letum Frigus, or the python event it calls)
-When you change to the Frozen civilization, the map does not correctly update the visible tiles. Just save and re-load the savegame to fix this.

Have you confirmed that the Letum Frigus event is working when the frozen module isn't active?

I know about that visibility issue. I forgot to mention it in my frozen post.
The problem seems to be that although the player has switched civilization, the initial visibility is limited to the tiles the civ that built Liberation has seen. I thought it was a game breaker when the Frozen could turn up on the other side of the world. My attempts to reveal the tiles properly failed so I cheated by creating a unit to give visibility of where the Frozen arrive and then killing it off.
Once you have taken control of the Frozen the visibility can be sorted by going into the city screen and then back to the main map (don't ask me why).

In regular Ashes of Erebus without the Frozen module loaded the event occurs as normal.

Saila, the Everchanging has been updated to version 2.3: Changelog:
Fixed one last art issue that evaded notice by hiding in the python files

Seems to me that over in the thread where I first said I'd start updating modules, there was some interest in odalrick's Scion's Healthcare being updated.

So here's exactly that: Scions Healthcare 1.5. Changelog:
Updated by Derf to work with Ashes of Erebus
For full details see the Scion_Healthcare_Details or the Civilopedia
Known issue: Banners in the Civilopedia don't show up with this module loaded (Except for module-added Civ's). Haven't yet figured out why this happens yet, but it doesn't break anything important, so I'm not making it a priority.

As usual, download is in the first post.

I'm also going to have a look at Research Grant, Reformed Liches and Khazad, the Next Generation, see what (if anything) needs to be done for them, and make them also available.

Research Grant and Reformed Liches both work in AoE. I use them consistently with no issues.

@derf

Was not sure if you were helping me, or actually making it :) so I thought I would try to do it myself (to save you trouble-been very helpful already)

I have learnt a lot already (no I can see why in its existing form it had no chance of working). I have got it all set out but a cannot figure out how to give free promotions from promotions.

ie how to a tell the vampire promotion to auto give vamp 1

similarly, how to I tell vamp 2 to give vamp_imprv

As it it now it look like:

<Civ4PromotionInfos xmlns="x-schema:TrueBlood_CIV4UnitSchema.xml">
<PromotionInfos>
<PromotionInfo>
<Type>PROMOTION_VAMP1</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_TRUE_BLOOD</Description>
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_TRUE_BLOOD_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
<Button>Art/interface/LeaderHeads/Flauros button.dds</Button>
<iMinLevel>-1</iMinLevel>
<iPromotionDuration>10</iPromotionDuration>
<PromotionDegradesTo>
<Promotion>PROMOTION_VAMP2</Promotion>
</PromotionDegradesTo>
<bStackEffect>1</bStackEffect>
</PromotionInfo>
<PromotionInfo>
<Type>PROMOTION_VAMP2</Type>
<iPromotionDuration>1</iPromotionDuration>
<PromotionDegradesTo>
<Promotion>PROMOTION_VAMP1</Promotion>
</PromotionDegradesTo>
</PromotionInfo>
<PromotionInfo>
<Type>PROMOTION_VAMP_IMPRV</Type>
<iCombatPercent>5</iCombatPercent>
<iCombatPercentDefense>5</iCombatPercentDefense>
</PromotionInfo>
<PromotionInfo>
<Type>PROMOTION_TRUE_BLOOD_III</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_TRUE_BLOOD_III</Description>
<iMovesChange>1</iMovesChange>
<PromotionNextLevel>PROMOTION_TRUE_BLOOD_IV</PromotionNextLevel>
<PrereqPromotionANDs>
<PrereqPromotionAND>
<PromotionType>PROMOTION_VAMP_IMPRV</PromotionType>
<iPrereqApplications>3</iPrereqApplications>
</PrereqPromotionAND>
</PrereqPromotionANDs>
<bAutoAcquire>1</bAutoAcquire>
</PromotionInfo>

Edit. Ok I got the promotions with the apply random promotion, set it at 100%, and bingo, seems to be working. A unit with vampirism, gets the vamp1 promo next turn, which then counts down, gives vamp2, which then expires and gives vamp improve. The cycle then starts again. However, even though the vamp_improve has the stackable tag, it only applies once, which means

a) I get the first 3% bonus but no more.

b) the game is not recognizing that I have got multiples, so the trueblood promotions are not firing.

Edit 2: Ok got the vamp improve to stack, with multiple bonuses, however still cannot get the game to auto give any trueblood promo's regardless of if I set prequtse to 1, or 2. With:

<PromotionInfo>
<Type>PROMOTION_VAMP_IMPRV</Type>
<iPromotionDuration>4</iPromotionDuration>
<PromotionDegradesTo>
<Promotion>PROMOTION_VAMP_IMPRV2</Promotion>
</PromotionDegradesTo>
</PromotionInfo>
<PromotionInfo>
<Type>PROMOTION_VAMP_IMPRV2</Type>
<iCombatPercent>3</iCombatPercent>
<iCombatPercentDefense>3</iCombatPercentDefense>
</PromotionInfo>
<PromotionInfo>
<Type>PROMOTION_TRUE_BLOOD_III</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_TRUE_BLOOD_III</Description>
<iMovesChange>1</iMovesChange>
<iExtraPerception>1</iExtraPerception>
<PrereqPromotionANDs>
<PrereqPromotionAND>
<PromotionType>PROMOTION_VAMP_IMPRV2</PromotionType>
<iPrereqApplications>2</iPrereqApplications>
</PrereqPromotionAND>
</PrereqPromotionANDs>
<bAutoAcquire>1</bAutoAcquire>
<bNoXP>1</bNoXP>
<PrereqbAllowNULLUnitCombat>1</PrereqbAllowNULLUnitCombat>
</PromotionInfo>

Slew of squished bugs today.

Giantkin Fix 1.1:
Fixed it again, original fix didn't work. You may see a duplicate Promotion - this is normal.

Scion Healthcare 1.6:
Fixed a few art issues that escaped notice.

Jotnar 2.21:
Fixed a few spells that weren't being made available properly

Keepers of Noggormotha 1.4:
Fixed yet more evasive artwork issues

Myu Collective 0.6:
Fixed 'Drop Resource' having a pink box for the Sheut Stones variant

Thanks alot for fixing the Myu collective. I really liked that mod and was hoping it would get updated eventually. I can't seem to figure out how to activate it though. I have put it in the Modules folder and it appears in the launcher but not in game. I have tried it in the normalmodules folder inside the modules folder and the same thing occurs. I have even tried pasting the contents of the modules folder into the AoE folder itself...nogo....any help would be appreciated.

I do get an XML error when loading Myu in normal modules.

Tag: CIVILIZATION_MYU in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is:
modules\NormalModules\myu\XML\Units\Myu_CIV4SpellI nfos.xml

Hope this helps.

Appears to be my file archiving tool being a bit derpy. I've updated the zip archives for all the mods just in case it was spilling over.
What you should now get when extracting any of the archives is a folder named after the mod (so 'myu' for Myu Collective, etc) which needs to be placed in Ashes of Erebus\Assets\Modules\NormalModules
Please check to ensure this is the case and get back to me if you still have any issues.
(Also note that if you're on a system that uses case-sensitive file names, you should not change the names of the extracted folders as it breaks the artwork lines.)

Thanks for the rapid reply. I have redownloaded Myu and extracted the mod into the NormalModules folder following the path you specified and it still does not load. I get the same error, the mod appears in the loaded list in the launcher. I should note that I also created a shortcut for BTS specifying it to load the mod so as to bypass the launcher and I get the same error there as well.

Got it. Somehow the file containing the Civ itself didn't get added to the archive. Fixed now and re-uploaded.
Definitely need a better file archiver, compressing an entire archive shouldn't miss out files.

Ok, the module loads now but there are multiple art files broken. I noticed the civ Flag and fortune teller are broken..but the game crashed before I went further.

OK, one more time. This one should fix the art issues, if not then this may take longer than anticipated. There shouldn't be any further issues, but if there are I'm going to have to dig out another computer and test it there, since I can't replicate the same issues here even with no other modules loaded.

Unfortunately this latest upload brought a few new xml errors. The previous one had no errors upon startup but had the art issues....this one definitely has some xml errors. Good luck, I hope you can figure this one out. Really a neat civ.

Here we go, once again. The archives should now be corrected (again) after the archiver inserted characters that weren't Windows-compatible. Yay for cross-system incompatibilities.
This time the module has been tested on both Linux (via Wine) and actual Windows 7, and produces no XML errors - on my end.
I admit to not being optimistic about that holding true elsewhere, however.
If you could again redownload, ensure the folder you extract out of the archive is named 'myu' and give it a try, we *should* have fixed everything.
If you do get XML errors still, I know it's a pain to record them, but please do - I need to know what your system thinks is wrong, because as it stands, aside from one now fixed issue, I'm getting absolutely no errors at all here.
It'd also be helpful if I know what OS and version of it you're running this on (IE Windows XP/7/8) and if it's on Linux, which version of Wine - as that also plays a part.

And if this doesn't fix it, I'm going to go bash my head on a wall a few times, then go hunting for some more patience.

So I downloaded the file again and got the same exact errors. I'll try to list them here.

Failed Loading XML file
modules\NormalModules\myu\XML\Civilization\Myu_CIV4LeaderHea
dInfos.xml. [.\FXml.cpp:133] Error parsing XML File -
File:
modules\NormalModules\myu\XML\Civilizations\Myu_CIV4LeaderHea
dInfos.xml
Reason: End tag 'ImprovmentWeightModifiers'
does not match the start tag 'LeaderHeadInfo'.

Line: 498, 6
</ImprovementWeightModifiers>

LoadXML call failed for
dInfos.xml.

Tag: LEADER_ZERIADH in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is:
dInfos.xml

Tag: LEADER_NEVOS in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is:
dInfos.xml

Hope this helps out.

I could have sworn I fixed that. Twice.
The updated one should be available now, or soon - I'm not entirely sure how quickly Dropbox updates public links, but in theory it should be as soon as it reports it's been synced.

In the interim, you can fix it yourself very easily - all you need is a text editor.
Issues 2, 3 and 4 are all caused by the issue 1, which is a misplaced character. If you open up myu/XML/Civilizations/Myu_CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml in your text editor, find the part in Zeriadh's entry that reads:
Code:
			<UnitAIWeightModifiers>
			</UnitAIWeightModifiers>
			</ImprovementWeightModifiers>
			<DiplomacyIntroMusicPeace>
Which is found after the long list of Memory and Attitude entries, and change it so it now reads:
Code:
			<UnitAIWeightModifiers>
			</UnitAIWeightModifiers>
			<ImprovementWeightModifiers/>
			<DiplomacyIntroMusicPeace>
The key line is the third one, the others are there to help locate it. Slash at the end (should) indicate that this XML tag is deliberately left empty, whereas a slash at the start means we're ending a tag, which was incorrect.
Failing that, due to the way modular XML is handled, you should be able to just remove that line to achieve the same effect.

a little jotnar bugette..
in the 'what do you want to build next' window, after jarl it displays a series of random symbols
sometimes just Jarl (???), other times quite a lot over several lines.
also, is Bambur blocked? I had the prereqs.

That should be easily fixed, it just means the appropriate advisor isn't set properly or at all.
As for Bambur, yes - all religious Heroes and disciple units (Except for the Jotnar's own) are blocked for them. This is mainly a legacy from the original Jotnar module, for which I don't currently have an explanation - even a lore-appropriate one. The only thing I can imagine is that the Jotnar traditions aren't really suitable for religious Heroes.
And of course, the giants would constantly have to be on the lookout for these heroic little people, so they don't step on them too :lol:

Top Bottom