[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

I am not sure if the building errors have been completely fixed. I have a game going with the 2.51 version without the extra civs. I was happily building harbors when I got an event that asks me to build 9 ports. Each time I built a port, the harbor came back as an available building. Furthermore, before building all 9 ports, I built a few commercial ports. Unfortunately, this wiped out the ports so I have to go back and build a harbor and a port again.

First of all, once I build the port, the harbor should be upgraded and still present so I do not have the option to build it again. Secondly, if asked to build 9 ports, the commercial port should not "destroy" the port so that the game thinks I haven't built it.

I'd just like to verify what davidr speculates above - it does indeed seem to be the 7z file which is the cause of this error during game setup (though possibly in combination with certain versions of winrar). I just downloaded the zip file from Afforesses mirror and am just about to settle my capital :goodjob:

Quote Afforess Dec 30, 2008 at 05:40 AM:
"If anyone needs a mirror I uploaded it here: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/49805/Ris... Mankind.zip It is version 2.51, the Mega Pack, with all of the addon civs. Also, it is in a .zip format instead of .7z. That means that it is larger, but unpacks faster. This download link supports resuming. (I have played it, it works. Great work Zappara )"

i dont wanna be a pain in the ass, but i really need to know whether religious buildings like the temple of salomon need to be upgraded by a great prophet.
thx alot in advance :)

I'd just like to verify what davidr speculates above - it does indeed seem to be the 7z file which is the cause of this error during game setup (though possibly in combination with certain versions of winrar). I just downloaded the zip file from Afforesses mirror and am just about to settle my capital :goodjob:

"If anyone needs a mirror I uploaded it here: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/49805/Ris... Mankind.zip It is version 2.51, the Mega Pack, with all of the addon civs. Also, it is in a .zip format instead of .7z. That means that it is larger, but unpacks faster. This download link supports resuming. (I have played it, it works. Great work Zappara )"

the link doesn't work for me :(

Having serious OOSing issues with 2.51 (even with the multiplayer fix)

3 people playing a direct IP game, thing goes OOS every time a religion does something, like spread to a new city.

I downloaded the mega-pack and im playing on a standard map and Elizabeth (english) became a minor civ and attacked right away, but once a stack of 10 archers/spearman moved up to my cities they just went to a spot and stopped. Dont know why they dont attack as I think they had good odds of winning?:confused:

One recommendation, and it's a minor one, but could you change the unitinfos for the water units so that you could build water units beyond the work boat on a coastal city at the Black Sea? (without access to the mediterranean)? I have done this myself, by reducing the iminarea requirement for water units from 20 to 15.

Other than this, I have only needed to tweak a few resource locations to better suit city placement. Also, Egypt really needs Iron. But, the map work is awesome! I was impressed with how well the map works straight out of the box!

Playing as Russia is a very interesting challenge :)

Keep up the great work!

Sounds like this would be a solution for me. However I think that link got somehow truncated and the original post seems to have been wiped off the face of the earth.

Sorry, the comment was on the download page. Here it is in full: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/49805/Rise of Mankind.zip. OK it gets truncated again lol, but the link works!

Hi All, happy new year. I had 2.4 and used the 2.51 patch only and have so far had no problems what-so-ever. Couldn't see the point in downloading the mega pack, would have taken a few hours with my connection so just went for the patch. So far it is a damn fine mod and i'm enjoying playing it.

Happy New Year !

As far as i have tested, i have no real problem with both 2.51 pack and 2.51 patch. I have installed both and it runs fine. I only meet one problem with a map.
Can it be a problem with those who use vista ? In my mod, Vista was a real pain to the A....
I use 7-zip and it goes well to unpack the mod. I don't think it's a problem to use it.

I haven't tested yet the "building problem". I still don't know if Zap had corrected it as intended.

One thing that really make me unhappy in this mod is the way AI uses work boats as explorer ships. It's really not logical and not historical. Zap, you should look at that.

Sounds like this would be a solution for me. However I think that link got somehow truncated and the original post seems to have been wiped off the face of the earth.

Sorry, the comment was on the download page. Here it is in full: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/49805/Rise of Mankind.zip. OK it gets truncated again lol, but the link works!

yes thank you so much the link works and now let us see if the mod works too

I also uninstalled the megapack version and rolled back to 2.51 patch only.

It runs like a charm. So if you experience problems try this.

But another question I got is this.

I am a civ noob. I am not trying to talk myself out of that one. But I am a player who like to build cities fast and little fighting. I keep my defence ect.

But after these last versions I keep having trouble keeping my research percentage up. I am normally not above 50-60% or my money goes down fast.

I am normally building culture buildings ect in the begining of my cities. Then some defence and work my way over on moneymaking.

But it seems like when i try to build cities fast with 2.51 every time i get settlers and new cities my income takes a dump...

Has anything been changed here? Like every game I play even on very low difficulty the AI research faster and build more cities than me.

Also I always go after "Hinduism" and gets it most of the time. But for some reason I can not get "convert" to come up until other religions got the upper edge.. hehe What is the trick?

Except from these noobies problems i keep having I really love CIV4 now with this mod. It is "DA MOD".

Thanks,

Can it be a problem with those who use vista ? In my mod, Vista was a real pain to the A....
I use 7-zip and it goes well to unpack the mod. I don't think it's a problem to use it.
I think the problem is outdated archiver programs that people are using to unpack the megapack 7z file. Vista should not be the problem as I've installed megapack successfully to Vista computer.

If the pack is not unpacked correctly, there will be missing xml files as they are at the end of the packed file - missing files will cause exactly that kind of crashes as people have reported here.

So if any of you are having problems with unpacking 7z megapack file, please download 7-Zip program from http://www.7-zip.org/ and unpack mod files with it.

i dont wanna be a pain in the ass, but i really need to know whether religious buildings like the temple of salomon need to be upgraded by a great prophet.
thx alot in advance :)

The Temple of Solomom, can only be built by a Prophet. You just can't add it to the build que.. That is the same for all of the additional 'super' religious buildings. Hope this helps.

Just D/L new 7-zip. Will try after I finish the rest of my downloading. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I think the problem is outdated archiver programs that people are using to unpack the megapack 7z file. Vista should not be the problem as I've installed megapack successfully to Vista computer.

If the pack is not unpacked correctly, there will be missing xml files as they are at the end of the packed file - missing files will cause exactly that kind of crashes as people have reported here.

So if any of you are having problems with unpacking 7z megapack file, please download 7-Zip program from http://www.7-zip.org/ and unpack mod files with it.

I'd been trying with 7.62 (latest version up until two days ago) and it didn't seem to unpack correctly. I got a message about missing xmls when trying to load the mod. Gonna give the .zip version a go.

Top Bottom