Jap Strat

Well, you could do a pretty simple horseman rush by growing/teching to get Horseback Riding, then pop out some horseman. Soon after that, you should have 100 gold and 3 population, so you can get out 2 settlers very quickly, settle them, then tech and grow up to Code of Laws. Once you hit Code of Laws, it's fairly easy to spam islands and tech up to Feudalism, where you can go on the offensive with Knights.

Do you Produce 2 warriors first? Do you grow to 3 before making the horsemen? Are the 2 settlers from your Cap and Free City? Or Cap and the possible AI cap? Also when do you build libraries and how many turns do you take to build with a city with only 1 tree? or 2 trees?

You realize "Jap" is an offensive term, right?

I know where I live it is considered offensive, but it could not be offensive elsewhere in the world.

I usually start off with 2 warriors, then grow and research HBR. Getting 4 science per turn, and 2 food per turn, you grow to 3 population in 10 turns, and research HBR 5 turns. It takes a total of 5 turns to pop out two warriors, than another 5 turns to grow research Horse Back Riding, then 5 more to grow to 3 population which equals to 15 turns. At which point, you start producing Horseman, and you rush them as soon as possible. You must keep in mind though, that it is possible for Zulus and Chinese/Aztecs to rush you in under 10 turns, so this strategy is rather bad for defense, and I have never used it successfully against any players, but it works wonders against the AI.

I don't recommend a horserush strat with the Japanese.... you only get halfway to 3 pop by the time you're done researching HBR and then you've gotta waste time/hammers/gold getting the horsemen out.... they really aren't faster at doing this than any other civ. The Aztecs, Americans, and Chinese are all faster at getting the horsemen out....

I recommend pumping out a few warriors, teching up to bronze, getting the 100 gold, keep teching to either irrigation or code of laws, which ever you wanna go first, while making most of your cities early settler pumps from the fast growth you get from sea tiles, with some grassland growing mixed in....

get to code of laws, you should have at least 5 cities by that time, preferably more... spend a few turns on all gold, pump out settlers, then get to islands and use up as much of the mainland map as you can...

after that, just get Feudalism and Religion fast, and your +1 Samurai Knights attack is usually no problem for taking down archer armies and even pikeman armies...

I pop a warrior or two and then full science to alphabet. I rush a library in my science city after my hundred gold and then pop settlers asap while getting irrigation. Then I swap the best of those cities over to gold and I am set. This is only vs CPU

If the topic was currently "Jap Strategy", then I'd be more likely to agree. But as we can see, "Strat" is also an abbreviation, so we can tell there was no malicious intent.

In America, "Jap" may not be an offensive term, but in my other places in the world, it is. You must remember that not everyone that scrolls the internet is American, and you must respect that.

Listen im first generation american. I come from monte negro or the former republic of yugoslavia. Which ever you perfer. If someone called me yugo i consider that friendly. We have a car called yugo. So I dont see your point.

hey guys, i just posted my new japanese strategy in the strategy article section, and on 2kforums.

hope it helps.

Top Bottom