How to Create a Mod (Video Demo)

woodelf

Bard
Retired Moderator
CFC's own Kael (FfH series creator) has begun an MSMD video series on how to create a mod.

From the thread:

This is the begining of the MSMD series. What I hope is a helpful demo of common easy steps to create a Civ4 mod. The audience I am aiming for are all those who would like to make a mod but believe it is to technically challenging. By viewing the steps to do it I am hoping that people realize that it really only takes a few minutes to make a simple mod (and from there they can tweak to their delight).

This forum has tons of fantastic articles on specific processes but I think its hard for new modders to really put all the instructions together in a way that allows them to get started. Once new modders have a foot up with these lessons I hope they go on to make mods and dig into the more details guides here in the forum.

Currently there are 3 steps available for d/l.

Thanks for all you've added to the CFC Kael!

Huge gigantic kudos! I had _no idea_ this was so simple! Now... to get my hands dirty...

cassembler's sig said:
‘In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s mind there are few.’
On the contrary, I'd say just about the opposite. :p Kael's got it all right and simple, you guys will have fun in no time.

Thanks for the video tutorials, Kael. :thumbsup:

Seeing modding in action is a great way to learn, especially for people who have no idea how modding works.

This is useful in many ways, instead of the text that could confuse you and don't show pictures, causing some people to give up. With this, they can easily guide you to modding.

we need more video tutorials like this on everything that it covers on modding, and it can be useful for those who hate to read.

This is like a fat injection of growth hormone for the Civ community. Mod Production and thus overall replayabilty will flurish!

yeah these are really needed. Seeing and reading are better than just reading when it comes to learning information; but nothing beats reading/seeing/doing.

please detail leader head and new civ modules soon. Thanks for these and for thinking outside the box .

I'm a Vet from: 1/502 Strike Recon 101st Airborne Division.
I was hoping to get a good/workable VN scenario. I down loaded the available one but can not get it to load without tons on error messages .. and it never loads into a game.

Any help would be nice.

Top Bottom