Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully with all of our interest, Leoreth will be back in no time. (I've also included colourful maps in my posts to make it impossible to resist returning!)

This. Especially considering Rhye isn't modding anymore.

Really? It was my understanding that he was going to wait and see what Civ 5 was like before deciding whether or not to mod it.

Well, he's finished the final patch, so I'd assume he (sadly) won't be doing any more modding. Although I have some issues with the work boat movement restricted thing.

New bug to report. This has happened to me twice, once with China and once with Turkey. Whenever Arabia shows up on my list of civs to contact, my foreign advisor loses the tabs at the bottom of the screen so I can not look at resources etc. Very annoying. At first I thought it could be fixed by saving and then restarting, but what had happened is I had lost contact with Arabia and the tabs had come back. I have tested this a bunch of times before reporting. It definitely happens only when I have contact with Arabia.

I attached the save. Don't mind the horsehockey state of my game, I am attempting China's UHV and its not going so well lol

On that note, has anyone had any success with China's UHV? I expected it to be hard but this is crazy. I had an awful game, but still.... I was able to get to Music at 1000AD, and still needed to get civil service and paper for the Academies, and then build the buildings. I am going to have another go at it but I am curious if anyone has been able to win it with this mod.

The problems I had were you need to beeline to code of laws in order to ensure you get to it before Babylon as it's the only way to guarantee you get Taoism for the cathedrals. Hoping for a random religion spread from the other side of the world is not an option. At this point you are way behind in your economic techs. No BW so no spearmen or axemen which are needed to defend from barbs, no alphabet and no masonry so no whipping. I then went after alphabet in order to tech trade and traded CoL and mathematics (bulbed) for most of the worker techs I had missed. At this point you then need to go after Paper and Music which are both very far away. This also forces you to forgo currency which really begins to hurt once you have your 8 cities built.

My next attempt, I will do everything I can to squeeze pottery into my tech path on the way to CoL. I will then go after alphabet and bulb mathematics as before. I will try to trade for BW instead of researching it. I will also do everything in my power to convert kmer to Taoism and make them my vassal. I will then get them to tech to music as I go after paper.

This time around someone, probably Babylon managed to get it through the Oracle on turn 86. The Oracle is not an option for poor china, no marble!

Attachments

• Qin Shi Huang AD-0750 Turn 196.CivBeyondSwordSave
    369.7 KB · Views: 88
??? When I load this mod, it all works fine, but.... there are no scenarios. Help here?

Could someone please upload a mirror to download the latest version. I just happened upon this and loved all the changes made, only to find out that I can't download it.

I would be most grateful if someone could provide me with such a link

I think it'd be cool if you could make the great wall in the 600 ad start like how Corossol did it.

Did Leoreth fall off the planet or something............
Or did he/she get a hold of civ 5 early?

hmmmmmm

I'm guessing falling off the planet or a busy "real life" is the case. Everyone knows real life revolves around computers...

Stupid "real life" game... Who comes up with this junk? Hopefully he got Civ V and is playing and then getting started on Modding

In any case, perhaps their is a mod savvy someone out there who would like to take up the torch on DOC. Not to steal Leoreth's mod; maybe we could adjust the name - DOC Revisited or something. I'm pretty sure Baldyr doesn't have any other projects at the moment. ;)

In any case, perhaps their is a mod savvy someone out there who would like to take up the torch on DOC. Not to steal Leoreth's mod; maybe we could adjust the name - DOC Revisited or something. I'm pretty sure Baldyr doesn't have any other projects at the moment. ;)
I think I saw Leoreth online just the other day (check his profile if you're curious) so I wouldn't worry so much. Its summer time and I seem to be one of the few people who likes to spend the summer working - and modding. :rolleyes: I'm sure he'll be back, sooner or later. Its not like anyone is gonna steal his work now is it... Is it? :p

There is definitely a problem with China's UHV. I just got the first part after about three weeks of trying and when the clock struck 1010 AD there was no check off of the requirement.

I know Leoreth is awol, playing some "real life" video game or something but if anyone else can explain to me how to fix this so I can continue with my game that would be rad.

Also, psychoredferret, I can't seem to find my copy of the latest patch but I could rar and upload the whole mod folder for you if you wanted.

Let me know

Did someone say, "Chekov!?"

I'll check off your nuclear wessels...

:shifty:

Anyways, I tried to find my .rar file of the mod, but was unable to locate it. Most suspicious, since I know I downloaded it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom