AI stops expanding?

Lord Ben

Warlord
Is there a reason the AI stops expanding? Seems like I'm building a good chunk of cities and keeping them happy but the AI only has 3-4 cities each. I play at diff 5 and didn't have that problem before installing BNW but I previously just edited some stuff in the xml files and they started expanding more aggressively. It's been a few years though since doing that and I don't remember what I all did and don't really want to do it again because I prefer the stock version if I can find a solution.

In my experience the AI actually doesn't stop expanding when it should more often than it stops expanding.

The rate of expansion of any given Civ is determined by what I will ad-hoc call the 'AI Settling Flavor Number' so as not to get too heavily XML Modding Terms.

It sounds like you edited the AI's to Settle more/less aggressively. My recommendation is to reinstall the Game and make sure you aren't running any Mods altering AI Settling Flavor Numbers.

Previously it was modded to be much cheaper units and longer research times so that it would be longer eras but not 50 turns to build an archer. Also many more than normal buildings come free with new cities each era, etc. It worked okay but if I decide to do it again I'll try and learn to make something I can unselect instead of just editing the ini files.

I think it works as installed now, and in a search someone said they had the problem on Pangaea more than others and a quick test game on continents the Russians quickly had 5 cities to my 3 and crushed me awful quick.

So I think for now I'll just go with continents plus instead of Pangaea plus.

Ideally I guess there would be a mod I find that lets the game last longer each era but not the annoying build and improve times of marathon.

There's a mod you can download called Agressive and Expansive AI that would help you out

This is flavor driven like everything else, some AIs flavors would never stop expanding, other AIs flavors become more interested in building world wonders.

Top Bottom