Favorite/least favorite aspect of Civ V?

Love:

1 UPT combined with the lack of war weariness now makes wars actually fun to wage, as opposed to Civ 4

Hate:

The entire reputation and diplomacy system (or lack of thereof)

My favorite thing is that I can build an empire and then sit and watch around turn 200s. That really feels good.

My least favorite is that, that your start determines what kind of a game you're going to have pretty much most of the time.

I like most of the Civ V innovations: 1UPT, city states, better religion, social policies, unique abilities for each civilisation. It makes the game much more repeat playable.

I dislike diplomacy. Constantly having to check whether Civs have enough money for RAs, to buy resources etc and then having to contact several civs to find the best deal is tedious. Surely there could have been a screen showing each Civ's best offers? Plus the complete mystery of the diplomacy. I assume that supplanting a civ as a City State's ally is not as damaging as taking their capital, but who knows?

I didn't get through all of these, but I wanted to throw out:

Favorite: Opening exploration and matching my strengths to policies and religion and all of that.

Least Favorite: Beating up on civs, then they offer you a city and you get 30 unhappiness for the trade. Sucks. Needs to be a fix for that.

Top Bottom